"Super Toddler" diapers from 1987-1990s

XLdiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone have pics or packages they are willing to sell of the "Super Toddler" Diapers from 1987-1990s?

Here is a picture of the Shop Rite Super Toddler from 1987. I think they were just released that year. I know that Toys R Us also had this diaper as well as some other supermarkets and Drug Stores. Any Information on this would be great.

Attachments

• Hartford_Courant_Sun__May_31__1987_2.jpg
    Hartford_Courant_Sun__May_31__1987_2.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, DanElmontan and BunnyFofo
There was an eBay auction for that product which was long gone; the seller has terminated his account since I saw this auction a couple of years ago.

Reactions: BunnyFofo
Was the Ebay listing for the ShopRite brand?

I remember the Toys 'R' Us version quite well. At the time, I had about a 30" waist, and I thought many times about buying some to see if I could make them fit. My wife, however, was an earth mother type, and she didn't really like disposables, so I never made the purchase. Back in those years, I was usually in cloth baby diapers when she babysat me.

The packaging was pretty nondescript, as I recall. I do remember the 'Fits up to 27" waist' on the front panel.

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Deleted member 56273
20403.jpeg20404.jpegI'm surprised anyone remembers those. I wore them to bed after Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs just couldn't cut it anymore. My parents bought them at Pathmark but they were also available at ShopRite. They really felt exactly like the other baby diapers I used to wear but the Super Toddler XL had a total of four tapes. These pictures are from around 2002.

• Love
Reactions: thedlguy, PampersboyLondon, PullUpsPunzie97 and 3 others
I love that it calls them "disposable diapers for youngsters". That really takes me back, as the word youngsters really isn't used these days.

Reactions: BunnyFofo
Those look amazing.
I'm so sad I didn't get to go back to diapers that fit me until my late teens (I basically had to discover ABDL on the internet before I realized that there were diapers in my size all along out there).
I tried so many baby diapers and pullups that never fit me when I was ~14.
I feel like being able to wear diapers in my size as a little kid would have been life changing.

XLdiapers said:
Does anyone have pics or packages they are willing to sell of the "Super Toddler" Diapers from 1987-1990s?

Here is a picture of the Shop Rite Super Toddler from 1987. I think they were just released that year. I know that Toys R Us also had this diaper as well as some other supermarkets and Drug Stores. Any Information on this would be great.
Shield Soap! That’s a blast from the past.

Reactions: kjluvs
kjluvs said:
View attachment 97578View attachment 97579I'm surprised anyone remembers those. I wore them to bed after Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs just couldn't cut it anymore. My parents bought them at Pathmark but they were also available at ShopRite. They really felt exactly like the other baby diapers I used to wear but the Super Toddler XL had a total of four tapes. These pictures are from around 2002.
I bought a pack of the Pathmark Super Toddlers from the sketchy diapersuperstore website back in the early 2000’s. They were a tight fit, but I could get all four tapes applied without problems.

DanElmontan said:
Shield Soap! That’s a blast from the past.
And I remember when Bold used to look like that. We always had that in the laundry room when i was little.

Reactions: DanElmontan
DanElmontan said:
I bought a pack of the Pathmark Super Toddlers from the sketchy diapersuperstore website back in the early 2000’s. They were a tight fit, but I could get all four tapes applied without problems.
I might not be remembering this properly as it was a long time ago and I know I wore lots of different brands to bed growing up. But I think the Super Toddlers originally had just two tapes. My parents got them from ShopRite back in the late 80s but when they got them from Pathmark in like late 90s (like in my pictures) they definitely had four tapes. They didn't have very high leak cuffs but they held way more than Luvs did just because there was more surface area to absorb.

Reactions: DanElmontan
We didn’t have Pathmark in Chicago, so my only options as a preteen diaper lover in the late 80’s/early 90’s were XL Huggies Supertrim, Large Pull-Ups, and Pampers Phases for Boys size 3. I used to buy packs of them with my allowance, wet them, and throw the used ones behind a shelf in my basement.

Reactions: Billybatts and BunnyFofo
Back