Stupid things pre ABDL diapers

Nowididit said:
Someone already stated this but it's worth saying

And yes I know there are still struggles for the younger generation. Struggles like how to get them. Where to hide them. How to explain if ever caught. But the younger folks have one thing we older folks never had and that's resources. Resources like the internet and sites like this. One quick search and they have a plethora of information at their finger tips. Information that can help them sort out the big questions that plagued the older generation had and that is what is wrong with me that I have this liking for diapers. Why? It wasn't until the late 90s, after we got the internet, that I discovered I wasn't the only one with this affliction. There were others like me. Up until that time it was an awful lonely feeling believing I was the only one.

Just my thoughts.
That is 100% my thoughts and feelings. I'm 44 and the Internet got going when I was a teenager in the middle to late 90s. Before, there was no information whatsoever about this subject. I stumbled upon a site called "dpf" (Diaper Pail Friends) in the late 90s which was the first time I saw that there are others with similar interests. I was scared to actually keep reading on there. Would the Internet provider tell my dad that I am looking at "creepy stuff"? Even buying some regular Pampers size 6 diapers in the early 2000s (from ToysRUs) was a big thing. No online ordering, just in person check outs. Always felt like I had to have a reason why I bought these in case the lady at the cash register were to ask.

These days it's A LOT easier. I assume I would have had a better time during my uni years (2001-2007) if online ordering REAL adult size (ABDL) diapers had been a thing.

Lucky kids 😄

I was an adult in 2011, so definitely the 21st century. But maybe others will find this funny. I once attempted to make a cloth diaper out of a towel. Before I knew how cloth diapers worked. It was just a bath towel cut in a diaper shape and a hand towel sewn it.. stiff, rough and really loose on my skin and literally too thick to pin. Atleast I had the where with all. Not to try to use it!

Around age 12 I once put on all my tightie whities, then pierced two holes with my legs at the bottom of a plastic bag from the supermarket and used it as the plastic cover. Pulled my pants on top of that and thought it´d be safe enough to pee while doing my homework... big mistake, lol

Been there done that with trying to tape or staple two or more baby diapers together. Sometimes if I only had one I'd just duct tape it directly to me along the sides in the front and the pull my pants up enough to conceal the farce and make it look legit looking down at myself.

I also hated when I got too big for pull-ups and the back rise was way too low and it didn't feel legit anymore.

I'd also gotten ahold of some bed pads once and made diapers out of them with some duct tape. 🤣

One of the reasons a rear waistband pull and snap is so fullfilling for me now and makes me feel baby. It reassures and reminds me that it's a real diaper in my correct size that properly fits all around front to back. 🤣

The first time I experienced that was with the coveted 90s Attends I snuck home in my backpack from like 3 neighborhoods away. I couldn't stop feeling with my hands front to back and swiping my finger behind the waistbands. Feeling the bulk and crinkle surround me all the way around, for the first time since I had swiped my first Pampers when I was much smaller and they still fit. It took me back, it was sooo intoxicating. 🤤

Last edited:
Reactions: DownUnderRoo and DinoFrant
DownUnderRoo said:
What are some of the things you did in the pre ABDL diaper era? I (early 40s) bought Pampers size 6 and staple two of them together, then staple the tabs next to each other to extend it. Completely ridiculous in hindsight. Online availability didn't become a thing until the early 2000s and I just couldn't get over myself to go to a medical supply store in person to ask.
Four white briefs atop one another with washable marker designs. Like, I still use marker now sometimes with one pair at a time, but the number of times I was caught wearing stacks was...inexcusable.

And don't even get me started on how desperate I became when I had access to Maxi pads.

Back