Stunt fails - it's a wonder more people aren't incontinent

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
With all the stunt fails on youtube and other "channels", it's a wonder to me that there isn't more incontinent folks from spinal injuries. Some of the painful fails that you see include:
  • skate board and hand railing falls
  • bicycle and motorcycle stunt fails
  • diving fails
  • trampoline fails
  • jumping/falling from roof fails
  • weight lifting fails (or overextended lifts)
That spinal column is not that strong. People young and old should give some sensible pause before attempting stunts, else they might end up here.

• Love
Reactions: Zeke, dogboy and Edgewater
slimjiminy said:
With all the stunt fails on youtube and other "channels", it's a wonder to me that there isn't more incontinent folks from spinal injuries. Some of the painful fails that you see include:
  • skate board and hand railing falls
  • bicycle and motorcycle stunt fails
  • diving fails
  • trampoline fails
  • jumping/falling from roof fails
  • weight lifting fails (or overextended lifts)
That spinal column is not that strong. People young and old should give some sensible pause before attempting stunts, else they might end up here.
How many fails have caused incontinence and they don't want to admit it

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020, Zeke, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Not just spinal ... there is a nerve bundle called the sacral plexus, that when damaged, can cause incontinence.
The scary thing is, it runs under the right hip close to the skin, and is susceptible to straddle injurie.
117030253_1794473617372207_8661794891547256619_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JacksonTheGoldenRetriever, slimjiminy and Edgewater
I fully agree!! And, if it was not for dumb luck the number would be much higher than what we see! With great luck, most stunts, once again, dumb luck, the angle of force is shifted just enough to avoid compression and the resulting damage.

The sad reality is that the Bell Shaped Curve sets in just often enough that the 'fools' do not get serious hurt and that fuels others to repeat or try something even more dangerous.

The car crash that resulted in my U-IC should have killed the other driver, but she walked away (I am told) unharmed.

Last edited:
Edgewater said:
I fully agree!! And, if it was not for dumb luck the number would be much higher than what we see! With great luck, most stunts, once again, dumb luck, the angle of force is shifted just enough to avoid compression and the resulting damage.

The sad reality is that the Bell Shaped Curve sets in just often enough that the 'fools' do not get serious hurt and that fuels others to repeat or try something even more dangerous.

The car crash that resulted in my U-IC should have killed the other driver, but she walked away (I am told) unharmed.
As much as I love statistics I can't help but feel like there's some invisible hand causing the idiots to walk away unharmed. It's like they're immune to damage.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
I will say one thing--training can help avoid injury in a number of different ways. I shattered my heel roughly five and a half years ago (and just underwent two surgeries to repair soft tissue and fuse it to the bone above). When I had the first surgery to bolt back together the main pieces of the bone, the doctor came to me after and asked how in the world I did so much damage to my heel and didn't have knee, hip, or back issues. He had never seen someone break their heel as badly as I did without destroying knees or hips or a compression fracture of a vertebrae.

My response? I've been a skydiver for years. We're trained to take a hard landing. Feet and knees together, legs bent at the knees and hips and roll with it when you hit. It gets drilled into us constantly and you work to make it muscle memory. I remember doing that as I hit the ground and it may well have not only saved me from worse injuries, but maybe even death. Hit your head on a hard landing and it can kill you.

I will agree that most idiots that you see have almost no training and as such rely on pure dumb luck to keep them from getting seriously injured.

• Love
Reactions: slimjiminy, Edgewater and jamiejamie
Back