Struggling to use my diaper

For guys, try standing up to pee. For girls, try sitting on the toilet with your diaper on. I find what helps the most is realizing the diaper will do its job and you won't make a mess.

The first time I tried AB/DL diapers I was nervous too but when I realized how absorbent they were I was fine. I also use an absorbent bed/change pad to sit on while I'm diapered. I put it on my couch or computer chair, or wherever I'm sitting. Having a backup in case of leaks will stop you from worrying about it, and it's a good idea to protect your furniture. Now I can pretty much go in any position. Just practice and drink plenty of fluids, it will get easier with time. :)

Reactions: babyrose111 and BabyLouise
LilPaddedBunny said:
For guys, try standing up to pee. For girls, try sitting on the toilet with your diaper on. I find what helps the most is realizing the diaper will do its job and you won't make a mess.

The first time I tried AB/DL diapers I was nervous too but when I realized how absorbent they were I was fine. I also use an absorbent bed/change pad to sit on while I'm diapered. I put it on my couch or computer chair, or wherever I'm sitting. Having a backup in case of leaks will stop you from worrying about it, and it's a good idea to protect your furniture. Now I can pretty much go in any position. Just practice and drink plenty of fluids, it will get easier with time. :)
If you're protected from damaging anything but your clothing when your diaper leaks, you might come to appreciate the toddlerish feel of a diaper blowout.

Reactions: babyrose111
LilPaddedBunny said:
I also use an absorbent bed/change pad to sit on while I'm diapered. I put it on my couch or computer chair, or wherever I'm sitting. Having a backup in case of leaks will stop you from worrying about it, and it's a good idea to protect your furniture. Now I can pretty much go in any position. Just practice and drink plenty of fluids, it will get easier with time. :)
I kind of using the same thing on my computer chair but i use a old bed sheet.

Reactions: paul484819 and babyrose111
abdl86 said:
I used to use a folded towel, until I actually had a leak once and it made the furniture slightly wet under the towel. Now I use the Rearz change pads. They're very absorbent with a waterproof back, and there's an inner layer that helps lock in the moisture. When you need to clean them you can just toss them in the washer.

Reactions: babyrose111 and abdl86
I kinda struggle too only because I mainly like to wear them, but not really use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: babyrose111
LilPaddedBunny said:
I used to use a folded towel, until I actually had a leak once and it made the furniture slightly wet under the towel. Now I use the Rearz change pads. They're very absorbent with a waterproof back, and there's an inner layer that helps lock in the moisture. When you need to clean them you can just toss them in the washer.
Sounds like a good thing then. I barely have any leaks and if it happens its more like a little wet spot.

abdl86 said:
Hi I use one of those seat pads you can buy for incontinent people on my seat if diaper leaks goes on pad put in wash then get spare one out.

I will give you a few tips on how to wet your nappy. Drink a lot of fluid, tea, water, coffee, fruit juices. Also try eating a small sugary snack. This helped me the first time to relax and wet myself. You must drink lots so you have no choice to but to pee your happy. This should help you to relax in future times.

It took me a long to starting peeing my diaper I used to be very nervous about it and I used to go in a other room and I would pee in my diaper because I didn’t want to do it in front of my daddy but it took me over a year to be in a diaper but now I can do it whenever and I’m not embarrassed to pee in front of my daddy I love being in a diaper then the toilet

JaberandCamgar said:
@babyrose111 , @paul484819 , practice makes perfect — definitely. I have a very strong bladder, and when I first started wearing, I had to push to the point where I was about to pass out as if I were a woman giving birth! It's a whole lot easier now, though I still often need to push, especially on the first wetting.

Wear diapers often, and you'll be an expert in no time!
for me when i first started out when i was 9 i could not wet myself, then i gradually was ably to wet my diaper, first standing up, once that was done i didn't need to push so hard, next was the kneeling part, once i masted that i could wet the back of the diaper with all fours on the back, once i masted that i knew how to pee the diaper while upside down. then came the hard part, for me i i JUST could NOT pee when laying down, but up until a couple years ago i mastered wetting my diaper when lying completely on my back, still tricky to do, but i pulled it off. so now i guess you can say im a diaper wetting master, mastering all styles of the diaper wetting styles :3

Reactions: JaberandCamgar and paul484819
To this day I have to either sit in a W position (knees in front, ankles to the sides) or standing up lol
I’m still working on laying down

I had a hard time peeing at first in a diaper. But like others here have said with time it will get easier. I find it easier when I really have to pee. Just the other day I really had to pee and trying not to pee and I could't. It just happen. You could also try pouring a little warm water in your diaper when you need to pee. That may help you get going.

I was like that when I started wearing nappies, it wil come with experience. You are doing the right thing by sitting on the toilet to get used to it. Just drink plenty of tea then relax and think of waterfalls! Try going for a wee sitting down elsewhere next so similar to being on toilet, then move onto standing and lying. Just make sure you wear a high capacity nappy for lying down as can leak more easily in this position, try and slowly fill it until you get used to it. As long as I know I’ve got a nappy on I can wet myself really easily wherever I am, like turning on a tap, so with practice you will be able to do the same.
Good luck with it 🙂

Reactions: paul484819
Back