Staying in hospital like setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I have a 5 day stay in a hospital like setting coming up, and when I was asked about any issues that they I have I didn't mention anything. I get extremely nervous when asked about any medical issues, and realize it's going to be impossible to hide the fact that I have incontinence issues. I am not sure how I should approach the subject when I arrive. I plain on bringing my own supplies, I just don't know how to deal with disposal. I will be staying in a single room, and am being video monitored 24/7

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
You should tell them about your issues!

Reactions: Teddy, DL232, dous and 6 others
Why would you hide incontinence from medical professionals ?!?
They are going to find out sooner-or-later, so might as well just be honest with them and save the embarrassment later on .

Reactions: Teddy, BearTale, Angelapinks and 6 others
821379 said:
I have a 5 day stay in a hospital like setting coming up, and when I was asked about any issues that they I have I didn't mention anything. I get extremely nervous when asked about any medical issues, and realize it's going to be impossible to hide the fact that I have incontinence issues. I am not sure how I should approach the subject when I arrive. I plain on bringing my own supplies, I just don't know how to deal with disposal. I will be staying in a single room, and am being video monitored 24/7
Just casually tell them you have incontinence issues and how should you dispose of used nappies/briefs

Reactions: BearTale, NewChris, Angelapinks and 3 others
821379 said:
Just throw them in the trash in your room. Since it's a hospital setting; they'll probably not think anything of it. Also, just be honest with them. They are professionals and believe me, they've seen it all. I recently got out of the hospital and I'm like a Victorian I'm so modest. The nurses and doctors told me they don't even think anything of what they see. I was seen completely naked and shaved by EVERYONE and their brother. I had an orchiectomy amongst other procedures for cancer. I had a catheter in and lady nurses were helping with it. It was painful for me to be seen like that, but they were so nice and sweet and professional about it and told me not to worry. The male doctors and nurses were so understanding.

Reactions: BearTale, thickdiapers, Angelapinks and 3 others
Paddy2020 said:
Just throw them in the trash in your room. Since it's a hospital setting; they'll probably not think anything of it. Also, just be honest with them. They are professionals and believe me, they've seen it all. I recently got out of the hospital and I'm like a Victorian I'm so modest. The nurses and doctors told me they don't even think anything of what they see. I was seen completely naked and shaved by EVERYONE and their brother. I had an orchiectomy amongst other procedures for cancer. I had a catheter in and lady nurses were helping with it. It was painful for me to be seen like that, but they were so nice and sweet and professional about it and told me not to worry. The male doctors and nurses were so understanding.
Actually some hospitals don't like it if you throw it in the bin for hygiene reasons, they asked me to call a nurse to dispose it.
The other hospital didn't mind at all that I put it in the bin in the restroom part of the hospital room.
So best to ask beforehand.

Reactions: BearTale and nwm
Paddy2020 said:
Yes Doctors and Nursing Staff are unshockable. What is a reason for acute self-consciousness or embarrassment to us is just another scene from an unremarkable day.

Reactions: Angelapinks, nwm, JOCKMAN and 2 others
Paddy2020 said:
When one of my boys got so swollen his scrotum mate threatened to move out if something wasn’t done I end up at the urologist after seeing my nurse practitioner. Together they ordered a total of four ultrasounds. The first ultrasound tech was a male which I found made me feel rather uncomfortable and it seemed he was as well. The remaining times were at a different facility with a couple of different female technicians. They made me feel very much at ease in spite of me informing them of my IC and that I was wearing cloth diapers with snapon plastic pants that made it easy to expose the area they needed to access. These ladies were quite young, and had probably only been exposed to disposables, which is why I believe that they were kind of curious about my reusable diapers and cover. The other folks that commented in this thread said that you’re dealing with medical professionals that have seen it all before are right and most nurses will be fine with giving you any assistance that you may need, especially if you’ve brought along all the supplies that you require. Stay padded and don’t borrow embarrassment, you can do without it.

Reactions: nwm
Be open and honest with all medical about this issue. They need to know so that they are aware and also if something happens they are there to help you. I always tell all medical places, and any type of hosptials that I have been admitted to and they were supportive and made sure I was o.k. and or if I needed help with anything. Recently, I had an extended stay in a hospital and they helped me fasten my Megamax at night because I couldn't use my left arm to pull the tapes and or pull it tight enough to fasten. Everyone was very accepted and supportive. When you bring your own supplies that you know works for you, it's much easier too than wearing the cheaper things they supply. You need to not worry about your bladder/bowel issues, you need to take care of what/why are you there so you can get out and get home.

Reactions: NewChris, nwm, Jim100 and 2 others
Before I needed to go with protection 24/7, I had surgery on my lung area because of junk compressing 90% of my lung. I was attached to the wall by a suction pump, pumping out the crap from my chest, and in extreme pain. Needles to say, I couldn't make it to the toilet. They left a container to pee in, but it was at the end of my bed. However, by the time I would try and get out of bed to get to that container I would wet myself or I would pee all over the place. Because of this the nurse discussed with me about adult briefs and how that might be easier. I figured it was better than moving cause every time I moved it was extreme pain. So until about 2 days after surgery and about 3 days before, I was in an adult diaper. The nurses and CNAs were really great and awesome when I needed to get changed. They were really professional about it and made me feel comfortable about it. I was embarrassed about it at the beginning, but after a few changes, especially with the pain meds, it became no big deal. After the surgery and I was detached from the suction from my chest, I was able to move around and no longer in diapers.

Reactions: NewChris, nwm and Jim100
Thanks for all the input. I ended up letting them know before I arrived. I restricted my fluid intake, and that seemed to help. I was nervous the whole time, and didn't really have any issues. I actually ended up with retention issues, and am not really sure the flomax that I take is helping too much. I don't know if it was because I knew they were monitoring my brain waves, or the fact that I have issues using toilets away from home, but I only eneded up voiding once per day.

I have a urologist appointment in 2 weeks, but always get too nervous to voice my concerns with the Doctor.

821379 said:
I Iave a urologist appointment in 2 weeks, but always get too nervous to voice my concerns with the Doctor.
Consider writing down a list of things that you want to discuss with the doctor. At the appointment you can read from the list, which can make it easier to bring up awkward things. You can even just give the list to the doctor so you don't have to bring up issues yourself.

ltaluv said:
Consider writing down a list of things that you want to discuss with the doctor. At the appointment you can read from the list, which can make it easier to bring up awkward things. You can even just give the list to the doctor so you don't have to bring up issues yourself.
Good point, plus you will not forget anything and do not have to be worried about being interrupted while trying to get it all out.

821379 said:
telling them about your issues will make you feel better once it's done. I have been in the same situation before.

I hap to get pins removed from my leg not to long ago and I told them the day before. Everything thing was fine.

There's honestly literally nothing to be ashamed about in front of medical staff. They are professionals and most of them have seen it all already. With all I mean ALL: from the weirdest sex toy issues to guys having their dicks stuck in whatever they shouldn't have put it into. You'd be surprised how many people out there hide the wildest sexual fantasies and practices and sooner or later every doctor gets to see a case out of every category. Compared to all that a diaper in a hospital is basically the most vanilla object you can find there. Nothing weird and nobody there gives it another thought. Honestly don't worry about it and just focus on the reason why you're actually going there. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nwm and Paddy2020
I have had an issue ONCE and will not use that place again!
Other than that, NEVER had a problem, and I actually need help all the time. (That was the issue that one time - was just ignored fore about 8 hours a few days in a row!).

Last edited:
821379 said:
Thanks for all the input. I ended up letting them know before I arrived. I restricted my fluid intake, and that seemed to help. I was nervous the whole time, and didn't really have any issues. I actually ended up with retention issues, and am not really sure the flomax that I take is helping too much. I don't know if it was because I knew they were monitoring my brain waves, or the fact that I have issues using toilets away from home, but I only eneded up voiding once per day.

I have a urologist appointment in 2 weeks, but always get too nervous to voice my concerns with the Doctor.
If your put on a iv fluid drip, you can forget about resticted fluid intake.
Ive been 3 times in a hospital, and and all 3 times on iv, and boy you need to pee...a lot.
Just tell them everything, much easyer.

I also had an bilateral orchiectomy, so I also have been naked, shaven standing with 3-4 doctors viewing me hehe.

Reactions: nwm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back