Staying in hospital like setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legoboi said:
If your put on a iv fluid drip, you can forget about resticted fluid intake.
Ive been 3 times in a hospital, and and all 3 times on iv, and boy you need to pee...a lot.
Just tell them everything, much easyer.

I also had an bilateral orchiectomy, so I also have been naked, shaven standing with 3-4 doctors viewing me hehe.
Do you mean Orchidectomy? Have you got cancer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaich said:
Yes, Orchidectomy.
No I have Gender dysphoria, but i don't want to transition to a female.

Legoboi said:
Yes, Orchidectomy.
No I have Gender dysphoria, but i don't want to transition to a female.
OK it's a quick enough procedure. Goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaich said:
OK it's a quick enough procedure. Goodluck
Well it has been 4 years ago, but it was under full anesthesia, stayed 1 day in the hospital.

Legoboi said:
Well it has been 4 years ago, but it was under full anesthesia, stayed 1 day in the hospital.
Here it can be done as day surgery - op early in the morning home by 5pm.

Kaich said:
Orchiectomy and orchidectomy are two accepted spellings for the same surgery.

I have had some really interesting discussions with an MD friend whom I used to go cycling with a lot, and that particular term's spelling happened to be one of them. He ended up having to look it up. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: hoimi
Had to go to the emergency room last year for a kidney stone and the doctor told me to take my clothes off and saw I was wearing a pullup and asked why I was wearing one and I told him that I wet my bed and put it on before bed when I started to have pain. After I was done and was about to be discharged a nurse came in with a new diaper since I had wet my self and helped me change into it.

When I was 7, I mouth surgery to correct a cleft palate and wore diapers the whole time I was in the hospital

Bp2006 said:
When I was 7, I mouth surgery to correct a cleft palate and wore diapers the whole time I was in the hospital
Why though? Were you still wet during the day?

HumanFly said:
Not sure of the age -
But have heard of plenty of hospitals REQUIRING kids under a certain age (WAY older than you would expect for most - MUCH older - even if they don't have any issues there) to wear diapers "just in case".

821379 said:
... I get extremely nervous when asked about any medical issues, and realize it's going to be impossible to hide the fact that I have incontinence issues.
Anyone that you can role play the encounter with? That sometime helps me work through anxiety.

Two of my children have opted for hospital careers. After the first 6-months they are unflappable.

Police? Not so sure.

Last edited:
I always tell them I have issues and am able to take care of myself. I bring my own and just dispose of them in the trash can. No one really says much. I have had people tell me if I need help that's why they are there but I dont take it. Most all the time they are real good. But I have had a few bad experiences. Once I was real sick throwing up my guts every 5 min and the wretching I was doing I shit all over myself. I mean I was sick and asked for help. The bitch had me roll over and looked down the back of my diaper and said i will get you some baby wipes its not that bad you can clean up in the bathroom. Then once i was in a pullup and the nurse was helping me sponge bathe since I had a ng tube could not shower. She said let's get you out of those period panties and then made a comment about my fresh period panties as she helped me slide them up. I was so sick I didn't care at the time but it still pisses me off to this day after I really thought about it. So I noticed as long as you take care of it yourself they could careless and the most of them are professional and will help you if you need it without insulting you. I guess it depends why you are there. If you take care of yourself every day and they know it and you are able it might irritate if you ask them too. But if you are unable do to you illness or surgery I think they will be more than understanding. Most of them anyway. I have a horrible stomach issue that lands me in the hospital a lot. I spent 6 weeks in one total last year and 6 weeks the year before. Not all at once but 10 days here 3 days there. So I have had some good experiences plenty more than those 2 bad ones. Dont sweat it. It part of life and most people in healthcare are mature enough to know this.

HumanFly said:
I sometimes had accidents in the day since I was just potty trained at 6 and I couldn't speak because of the cleft and palate it was easier to have a diaper changed than getting out of bed since I was a bedwetter also. I'm 34 now

Last edited:
Legoboi said:
If your put on a iv fluid drip, you can forget about resticted fluid intake.
Ive been 3 times in a hospital, and and all 3 times on iv, and boy you need to pee...a lot.
Just tell them everything, much easyer.

I also had an bilateral orchiectomy, so I also have been naked, shaven standing with 3-4 doctors viewing me hehe.
Yes the IV for sure makes it worse. Depending on your condition you can ask your doctor to turn it down. Most of the time they want about 100 to 125 ml per hour min. But can crank it to as much as a 1000 depending on what is going on. But I can get them to set mine down to 75 most of the time. I have stomach issue and end up in hospital a lot with dehydration and vomiting that is like every 5 to 10 min I throw up and most the time the best Nausea meds in the world dont help. So they always crank it up and run a whole bag 1000ml in me in a hour then one every 4 hours until I am hydrated. But as soon as I am hydrated and peeing clear and way to often I make them turn it down. If you are dehydrated they wont but most of the time if you been in there a few days and are not in need of all the extra fluid they will cut ot way back. It's best to ask your doctor because the nurses are required to set it at the speed the doctor wants.

nwm said:
Not sure of the age -
But have heard of plenty of hospitals REQUIRING kids under a certain age (WAY older than you would expect for most - MUCH older - even if they don't have any issues there) to wear diapers "just in case".
A young friend (10 years old) was in the hospital and ALL children under 12 were kept in diapers. If a nurse or aide was there, she said they would take you to the toilet. But they had no problem if she used the diaper. Oh and she said she was (along with all those under 12) in one of the stainless bar big cribs.

Reactions: nwm
Diaperman95 said:
I always tell them I have issues and am able to take care of myself. I bring my own and just dispose of them in the trash can. No one really says much. I have had people tell me if I need help that's why they are there but I dont take it. Most all the time they are real good. But I have had a few bad experiences. Once I was real sick throwing up my guts every 5 min and the wretching I was doing I shit all over myself. I mean I was sick and asked for help. The bitch had me roll over and looked down the back of my diaper and said i will get you some baby wipes its not that bad you can clean up in the bathroom. Then once i was in a pullup and the nurse was helping me sponge bathe since I had a ng tube could not shower. She said let's get you out of those period panties and then made a comment about my fresh period panties as she helped me slide them up. I was so sick I didn't care at the time but it still pisses me off to this day after I really thought about it. So I noticed as long as you take care of it yourself they could careless and the most of them are professional and will help you if you need it without insulting you. I guess it depends why you are there. If you take care of yourself every day and they know it and you are able it might irritate if you ask them too. But if you are unable do to you illness or surgery I think they will be more than understanding. Most of them anyway. I have a horrible stomach issue that lands me in the hospital a lot. I spent 6 weeks in one total last year and 6 weeks the year before. Not all at once but 10 days here 3 days there. So I have had some good experiences plenty more than those 2 bad ones. Dont sweat it. It part of life and most people in healthcare are mature enough to know this.
I hope you filed a complaint about the nurse or aide who wouldn't clean you up. my family and in-laws are a bunch of nurses and they would tell you to do that. inexcusable. My wife kept extra scrubs at work and she often brought home some nasty outfits due to patient problems. To her, even getting poop all over her was part of the job.

Chamed said:
A young friend (10 years old) was in the hospital and ALL children under 12 were kept in diapers. If a nurse or aide was there, she said they would take you to the toilet. But they had no problem if she used the diaper. Oh and she said she was (along with all those under 12) in one of the stainless bar big cribs.
This must have been a long time ago.

Chamed said:
Just could not recall the age - but for sure remember those cribs.
For me diapers would not be an unusual thing anyway since I was IC my whole life so...

Chamed said:
I hope you filed a complaint about the nurse or aide who wouldn't clean you up. my family and in-laws are a bunch of nurses and they would tell you to do that. inexcusable. My wife kept extra scrubs at work and she often brought home some nasty outfits due to patient problems. To her, even getting poop all over her was part of the job.
I should of. I have made complaints for other reasons in the past. Most of the time I dont put up with rude nurses I call them out. To be honest I think I was to sick to even care after I cleaned it up. But I wish I would have. If memory serves I was still kind of in a holding area of the ER and in a little tiny room hot as hell waiting for a bed to open on the main floor.

Last edited:
HumanFly said:
This must have been a long time ago.
No three years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back