Started testing Cloth Diapers at Night

I went cloth 24/7 (minus going out) with my ex, she was more environmental than i am. But for me now and my pca's the disposables are much easier to deal with.

Back then with cloth, we'd put diapers in the washer right away after taking them off, and just run a rinse cycle, then after the full day's diapers are in there, would run them. I'm not worried about water where i am, so that wasnt an issue, but the biggest deal is that i tied up one the washing machines most the time, now i have 3 washers and dryers here, but I also have 4 adults here, and the one washer on the 1st floor doesnt get used all that much, so haing one tied up all the time isnt the best.

That said, i think the cost of cloth is cheaper for sure, even if you count the water/electric/soap, but if you put any cost into the labor, then it's prob not "saving" any money, and around here there seems to always be something to do, so taking away time for cloth isnt the best option for me here, but YMMV of course.

As for care, i washed them with deft daily and once every 2-3 weeks would do a load with extra borax in there for whitening and a really good heavy wash. Never used soap with dye or bleach or antibacterial or softners. Both for the care of the cloth and also I'm on a septic system and don't want the chemicals on the property, everything on the farm is and always has been all natural and never any man made chemicals of any kind.

I also found the cloth the be a bit harder on my back due to the thickness, but i have a really bad spine overall.
Other than that i think they were comfortable, not stylish, bluky enough to not be able to use some clothes over them as well, but the pj's are fine, and in the event of going out usually went with a disposable.

Back