Sports and diaper

DLPeakOut said:
I still go for a run and long walks.
DLPeakOut said:
. If i have an accident it just flows and gets cleaned with the wash after wearing the sports cloths when finished.

Doesn’t the inside of your shoes/walking boots/trainers get saturated after “it just flows”?

Interested how you deal with this if you wear no protection?

For me, I don’t even like leaks trickling down my legs.

247 said:
Interested how you deal with this if you wear no protection?

For me, I don’t even like leaks trickling down my legs.

I have done this a few times on long runs when I was training to do a half marathon and I found myself an hour away from home, and I regularly do this whilst cycling.

On the bicycle: it usually doesn’t flow to my shoe and rather dribbles off the seat or through the fabric (spandex rules). Running, if I have a strong steady stream will into my shoe, so it’s less than ideal but manageable if it’s in smaller spurts to soak into my running shorts/tights rather than make it to the shoe.

Wearing a diaper on a run, I get chafe if I go more than about 5km. But it needs to be good fitting and not one of those massive-silly-capacity diapers nor ones with a wide crotch material that could sag/rub your thigh- I have good results with something like an AbenaM4 or (recent test) Land of Genie. Both those I can run either dry or soaked comfortably.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and 247
Tenawearer said:
Have tried a tena flex on the mountain bike, surprisingly ok.
Hey, I find it surprisingly fine and adaptable as well. You know those padded underwear you'd wear to help protect your crotch from excessive rubbing and chaffing from the seat? I forgot what those pieces of garments are called with the soft paddings. I don't necessarily use the diaper when I move, not because I don't want to or is physically unable to, I just produce too much sweat.

Cycling is going really well, I just haven't quite managed to wet myself yet.

dllovergirl83 said:
Morning Jog! Good for you, I feel the rub on my legs too much with doing a long distance walks…. Like 15-20 kms. That said i have exercised on my elliptical with it on. I really have to be in a diapered mood to exercise with them.
I do enjoy just chillen in them watching a show and playing nintendo. Sometimes going to the store!
Try a plastic backed. The cloth like ones are terrible for this. Smooth plastic is much less chafing.

Lolcat said:
Cycling is going really well, I just haven't quite managed to wet myself yet.
Try standing on the pedals, that makes things easier.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and neurallink
Tenawearer said:
Try standing on the pedals, that makes things easier.
Yeah this works but it would be nice if it also works while sitting.

Lolcat said:

You might just need to find a position that works for you, or evaluate your seat/seat position if it's putting pressure on certain sensitive areas. I can if I rock a bit forwards or lean a bit further back from my typical riding position.

Reactions: Lolcat
thanks for this ad
neurallink said:
You might just need to find a position that works for you, or evaluate your seat/seat position if it's putting pressure on certain sensitive areas. I can if I rock a bit forwards or lean a bit further back from my typical riding position.
thanks for this advice

Lolcat said:
Sitting is constricting on a race/mountain bike less so normal bike.

But I only own a normal bike.

Bikes, like people, are each a little different.

I don't know what "normal" bike might be (nor is that detail important)l you'll have to trial what works for you on your own bike with your own body. You can test sitting on your bike if there's pressure in certain locations; the key needs to be that you're comfortable and well positioned on the bike in the first place (e.g. near-full leg travel, positioned over the pedals properly, not an uncomfortable reach to the bars, no back/leg/shoulder/knee pains, etc...). There are lots of guides online to help you determine best fit and what adjustments you might have on your bike.

Reactions: Lolcat
On a race/mountain bike you lean forward which is constricting when trying to pee. With a normal bike you sit up and it's far easier to let go. A normal bike here in the Netherlands is one on which you cycle to the shops, school, work etc.

Back