Spine MRI

SparkyDog said:
I've had an mri
prepare your self for the noise & vibration as well as being a bit claustrophobic.
You're in a long tube for a while with out much wiggle room. You have to lay very still. They do give you ear plugs and will talk to you occasionally on your progress.
No issue wearing a diaper in the mri as long as there is no metal.
You will go through a long pre mri interview to make sure you have no metal on or in you.
You do get changed into a gown or scrubs.
I’m pretty sure the radiology nurses could see my diaper under the gown, which doesn’t close that well. Also, I think it shows up on the MRI.

Reactions: Edgewater
Bombyx said:
I’m curious who’s had a spinal cord MRI to work up incontinence and what they found.
I have had an MRI but not particularly for incontinence

Reactions: Edgewater
I've had tons of MRIs over the last few years (including a full-body one), always wore protection and haven't had any issues and no one's said anything. Medical professionals are just so used to dealing with incontinence issues I think. Ultimately, they came back clear (which seems to be standard with Long Covid). My theory re my lifelong incon issues is that my chronic issues were due to OAB combined with interoceptive awareness issues due to my autism which whilst I've gotten better at over time did reach a point where I didn't seem to be progressing any further. I also developed IBS in my late teens which got worse over time, which again, combined with the lack of bodily awareness wasn't a winning combo. Then after Long Covid things changed due to my neurological issues on my right side. It definitely felt different post-Long Covid. Whilst I'd had issues since forever it was never like a near total loss of control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Bombyx and Edgewater
Back