Spasm pain and incontinece ?

Sweetwheelie81

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Hey, I have question about the pain and having an accident/incontinece.

For while I have been dealing with muscle spasms in my legs and struggling to get myself to toilet as make it during nighttime and would end up wet my bed or my pant to due Cerebral Palsy. Have you experienced similar muscle pain or soreness and have a hard time to go to the toilet ?

Reactions: AttilaThePun
I would highly recommend you speak to your doctor
as we are not doctors here and can't give medical advice

Reactions: mickdl and AttilaThePun
Yes, se your doctor.

I dont hace CP but have a lot of nerver damage and muscle spasms and alike....I am IC though,and but do know that if i get a muscle spasm in certain areas i will wet right then.

I also know that when i have issues with legs i cant make it to the bathroom...I wear 24/7 but i do still attempt to make the bathroom,but these days it's abour 50/50 when i'm at home and i'm just a short distance to the toilet, now if i'm out then good luck.

So, based on my body, if i get a spasm in abdomen i wet instantly, and if i get spasms in legs i cant make the toilet, as i only got a few seconds before i wet as a usual.

Your body i'm sure will be different, but i'd assume that a lot of people would wet if they get spasms in the abdomen and have something in the bladder, seems logical.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
I do not have CP, but I have a genetic neuromuscular disorder. It is not uncommon for me to wake up during the night in pain from severe leg spasms. The only way to stop the spasms is to put weight on my feet, which requires very contorted movements to get from lying down to standing up while holding onto something. When the spasticity calms down enough so I can move, my bladder empties. I don't care as I require bedtime diapers anyway. I know this is not the same as what you deal with, but as I deal with leg spasms and weakness, and inability to get to a toilet at times, I have an idea of what you're going through.

BTW... inability to get to a toilet within a reasonable amount of time, when a toilet is nearby, is referred to as functional incontinence.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and jdinvirginia
Sometimes my bladder spasms when wetting and is painful lasting minutes and unable to stop wetting. I find myself standing on my toes unable to move. This often happens when standing but not often when laying down. Oddly when sitting i have no feeling or control of peeing. Been like this always.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
I have got no CP, but a neurogenic bladder and other neurological diagnosis. Cramps are a problem for me as well and i can say on bad days my bladder cramps are worse either, so yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: mickdl, AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
Spinal cord injured incomplete paraplegic here. Struggle with leg spasms daily. Makes is difficult to transfer to toliet from wheelchair.
Talk to you doctor, there are thing you can do to manage nerve pain or spasms. Just do you research on side effects and there will be some level of trial and error on what works for you.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
I have several spinal cord compressions due to herniated discs and I know the problem too. Normally I wake up from the feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen and can then use a bed bottle. But sometimes my legs go numb or cramp when I move them. Then I can't get to the bed bottle quickly enough and the bed is wet. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but episodically especially when my back is bad.

But if you don't know the cause, you should definitely have it checked out by a doctor.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Pino
Back