So what do I do now?

KrankyPants said:
I take it you stay hydrated, too! Honestly, those cycling habits are hard to break. "Drink before you get thirsty" is still playing through my head when I am not on two wheels. 😉
Haha, you understand! It almost gets annoying sometimes!

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and KrankyPants
SpaceMan47 said:
I can definitely agree with everything here! I should note that I phrased my original statement poorly- It’s not that I won’t change often, it’s that I’m in public places so often that I can’t change often. Although, I haven’t really been out and about much since I found out I’m incontinent, so perhaps when I am actually in public I’ll see opportunities I never needed to notice before. I plan to set up something with the nurse; I’ve never actually talked to her, but I hear she’s nice! Perhaps she’ll give me access to the employee bathroom!
That is actually a great possibility. Accommodations are a real thing!

Reactions: Diprs2 and SpaceMan47
SpaceMan47 said:
I should note that I phrased my original statement poorly- It’s not that I won’t change often, it’s that I’m in public places so often that I can’t change often. Although, I haven’t really been out and about much since I found out I’m incontinent, so perhaps when I am actually in public I’ll see opportunities I never needed to notice before.
Yea, I know what you meant. Since this is all new stuff to you, I'm being overly verbose. Don't mind me!

In terms of "opportunities", I've changed a few times in my car with just a blanket or towel to cover up what I'm doing. Doesn't hurt to bring one along and park in that corner of the lot where people tend not to... just in case it feels weirder with whatever other options there are.

SpaceMan47 said:
I plan to set up something with the nurse; I’ve never actually talked to her, but I hear she’s nice! Perhaps she’ll give me access to the employee bathroom!
I don't know if you're in high school still or what, but I reckon gym teachers might be helpful, too. I bet they have back rooms and such for the football team, or even they let you use the locker room since between periods it's almost certainly empty all the time. I can't imagine the school nurse giving you a hard time though.

Bearcatz said:
Yea, I know what you meant. Since this is all new stuff to you, I'm being overly verbose. Don't mind me!

In terms of "opportunities", I've changed a few times in my car with just a blanket or towel to cover up what I'm doing. Doesn't hurt to bring one along and park in that corner of the lot where people tend not to... just in case it feels weirder with whatever other options there are.

I don't know if you're in high school still or what, but I reckon gym teachers might be helpful, too. I bet they have back rooms and such for the football team, or even they let you use the locker room since between periods it's almost certainly empty all the time. I can't imagine the school nurse giving you a hard time though.
I appreciate the verbose messages a lot actually, thank you! I'm sure getting these fundamentals ingrained in my head will be a big help! I don't think I could change in my car, actually... when I'm not biking to work or school I drive either my parent's economy car or my car (that I totally don't race) with a single, tiny row of front seats and a mid-engine design. Guess I'll have to hide behind a tree! 😆

Yeah, I'm still in HS (stupid September birthday), and luckily I only had to take gym the first two years of high school! The gym teacher is a jerk though, I'd never tell him anything about my current health!

Reactions: Diprs2
SpaceMan47 said:
I don't think I could change in my car, actually... when I'm not biking to work or school I drive either my parent's economy car or my car (that I totally don't race) with a single, tiny row of front seats and a mid-engine design.
Those are tight, but not impossible. I've changed in my tacoma, which really isn't much better.

SpaceMan47 said:
Yeah, I'm still in HS (stupid September birthday), and luckily I only had to take gym the first two years of high school! The gym teacher is a jerk though, I'd never tell him anything about my current health!
Ah, ok then. I can't imagine the nurse not bending over backwards to help you out. The gym teacher is surprising though... I've always had ones that cared a lot about their students. One even pulled me aside and said the way I was growing, I really ought to get something done about my knees/flat feet. For the whole school, he was seeing around 1200 kids at the time too, and I did take his advice.

Bearcatz said:
Those are tight, but not impossible. I've changed in my tacoma, which really isn't much better.

Ah, ok then. I can't imagine the nurse not bending over backwards to help you out. The gym teacher is surprising though... I've always had ones that cared a lot about their students. One even pulled me aside and said the way I was growing, I really ought to get something done about my knees/flat feet. For the whole school, he was seeing around 1200 kids at the time too, and I did take his advice.
Isn't the Tacoma a 4-door? That'd be a dream compared to my car! As an idea of how small my car is, my 5'10" body is only an inch from the ceiling, and I can't even grab stuff from the passenger seat because of the position of the transmission. In hindsight, although having one of the coolest-looking cars in 50 miles is awesome, it's not too practical! 😅

I can only hope the nurse will be super accommodating! Your gym teacher sounds like an awesome one! The one at my school doesn't even come up with games, he just chatted with one of the janitors every day and told us not to bother him unless we were dying... LOL! 1.2k kids is about 4 times the size of my entire high school and a half of my town's population! o_O I wouldn't be able to go to a school that big, I'd be trampled to death in the hall on the first day! 😂

SpaceMan47 said:
Isn't the Tacoma a 4-door?
Mine's the one with the half suicide doors. Not too roomy for a 6' 2" guy either.

By the way, I think I'll add to my recommendations. MegaMax for biking like I mentioned in the other thread. I do some weird "tests"... basically with very wet diapers, a hard molded into the wall shower seat thing, and sitting/standing/squirming around... yes tests... Anyway, the crotch padding of MegaMax is by far the most durable I've tested in such a way. Other higher capacity diapers, like NRU str8up pretty much just exploded its innards everywhere, and longer wicking diapers like Confidry 24/7, Abena, Seni and BetterDry basically fell apart instantly. That doesn't mean they're bad overall, but not suited for you constantly crushing them repeatedly like I reckon happens with biking.

Perhaps the Rearz/Incontrol diapers are similar durability too, and there's a lot more options with those, but I haven't tested those in such a way.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
Bearcatz said:
Anyway, the crotch padding of MegaMax is by far the most durable I've tested in such a way.
Depending on how well the samples that I ordered fit, I think the MegaMax is probably going to be my go-to for most activities then. I'm glad you did the test so I don't have to! :D There's a phrase mountain bikers use a lot: "ball smashing," it's pretty self-explanatory... The point is, anything I wear when mountain biking needs to be able to withstand thrashing, smashing, and wetting all at the same time!

Mine's the one with the half suicide doors. Not too roomy for a 6' 2" guy either.
Oh, I gotcha. Sheesh, that is pretty small! Whenever I think of the Tacoma I think massive cabin, a wide wheelbase, and a 6ft bed!

(I figured out how to quote things! 🎉)

SpaceMan47 said:
I'm glad you did the test so I don't have to! :D There's a phrase mountain bikers use a lot: "ball smashing," it's pretty self-explanatory...
Well, I thought about it a little more, and you should test it out still for another reason...

My waist is a bit bigger than yours, so I was assuming this won't be so much of an issue. But, small MegaMax on me is basically slow motion "ball smashing" as it gets wet. I'll put you another fancy button picture underneath of a dry small on me, but when they get wet, they swell a lot around there, and as you can see I don't have a lot of room even when it's dry...

Perhaps if you wear those really tight cycling get-ups, BetterDry will be a better choice still maybe. You should test it out wet and dry probably with both options anyway.

1664795328778.png

Reactions: SpaceMan47
Bearcatz said:
Well, I thought about it a little more, and you should test it out still for another reason...

My waist is a bit bigger than yours, so I was assuming this won't be so much of an issue. But, small MegaMax on me is basically slow motion "ball smashing" as it gets wet. I'll put you another fancy button picture underneath of a dry small on me, but when they get wet, they swell a lot around there, and as you can see I don't have a lot of room even when it's dry...

Perhaps if you wear those really tight cycling get-ups, BetterDry will be a better choice still maybe. You should test it out wet and dry probably with both options anyway.
By ball-smashing I mean on the bike seat from rough riding, maybe it’s not so self-explanatory! 😅I was worried about the padding falling apart due to being hit against the seat and such while riding, but if the MegaMax is really not bad with breaking down, perhaps the extra cushioning around that area will be beneficial in protecting my midsection! 😆

mountain biking gear and road biking gear are very different- I would get so many looks if I were wearing anything tighter than sweatpants while riding! I need something that’ll stay on well without much aid from pants, perhaps I’ll wear plastic pants in the future, but I’m worried it might get a little toasty with all those layers.

SpaceMan47 said:
By ball-smashing I mean on the bike seat from rough riding, maybe it’s not so self-explanatory! 😅I was worried about the padding falling apart due to being hit against the seat and such while riding, but if the MegaMax is really not bad with breaking down, perhaps the extra cushioning around that area will be beneficial in protecting my midsection! 😆
Yea, that makes sense, and what I figured. I'm still a bit torn between which would be better overall though.

SpaceMan47 said:
mountain biking gear and road biking gear are very different- I would get so many looks if I were wearing anything tighter than sweatpants while riding! I need something that’ll stay on well without much aid from pants, perhaps I’ll wear plastic pants in the future, but I’m worried it might get a little toasty with all those layers.
I wear these under jeans. I've mentioned them before, but not really in detail.

They're like nylon or whatever. They dry extremely fast even when it's humid out, and are very breathable. The light brief liner seems to help the wicking type diapers stay together really well, but soaked is soaked and going to fall apart with those types. But, even yesterday, I was doing digging and concrete work with a lot of squatting down, plopping down on my butt and bending way over. After 5 hours my diaper started to fall apart in the front, but it was also soggy wet and leaking pretty badly already. So, not a lot of mid section impacts, but a lot of movement that wet diapers don't like and it was fine for the normal wearing time of about 4 hours.

https://www.soffe.com/product/M020/Soffe-Original-Ranger-Panty.html
1664811586029.png

Bearcatz said:
Yea, that makes sense, and what I figured. I'm still a bit torn between which would be better overall though.

I wear these under jeans. I've mentioned them before, but not really in detail.

They're like nylon or whatever. They dry extremely fast even when it's humid out, and are very breathable. The light brief liner seems to help the wicking type diapers stay together really well, but soaked is soaked and going to fall apart with those types. But, even yesterday, I was doing digging and concrete work with a lot of squatting down, plopping down on my butt and bending way over. After 5 hours my diaper started to fall apart in the front, but it was also soggy wet and leaking pretty badly already. So, not a lot of mid section impacts, but a lot of movement that wet diapers don't like and it was fine for the normal wearing time of about 4 hours.

https://www.soffe.com/product/M020/Soffe-Original-Ranger-Panty.html
View attachment 89493
Oh interesting, I’ll check them out!

SpaceMan47 said:
Oh interesting, I’ll check them out!
Another thing they tend to do is, when your diaper is just before the point of leaking, these tend to get wet around the crotch and you can feel the wetness. However, your pants should still be dry, so you have a chance to get changed before there's an embarrassing situation. You want to go as small as you fit into, and for us that's size small.

Personally, I hate plastic pants because they tend to dig into my legs. These are just super comfy, diapered or not.

That's a super useful "feature," and they're much cheaper than most of the clothes I order! 😜

Back