So, my mom now knows…

Oh my gosh. I've been "caught" too many times to count over my childhood and a few times I slipped up as an adult.
I came out to my mother as ABDL early in January this year. I was tired of hiding it.
It was really hard to tell her, but again, it is something she suspected somewhat given all the previous times. I don't really know what she thinks about it but I bought a house here in Texas and she will be here next week to see my new house. So I am unsure as to wear my diapers or not, but also the fact that I want to turn my room into a nursery is mainly the point.
I think if we can both explain that this isn't hurting anybody perhaps there can be an understanding.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kittyinpink and Turtle
MickeyM said:
Oh my gosh. I've been "caught" too many times to count over my childhood and a few times I slipped up as an adult.
I came out to my mother as ABDL early in January this year. I was tired of hiding it.
It was really hard to tell her, but again, it is something she suspected somewhat given all the previous times. I don't really know what she thinks about it but I bought a house here in Texas and she will be here next week to see my new house. So I am unsure as to wear my diapers or not, but also the fact that I want to turn my room into a nursery is mainly the point.
I think if we can both explain that this isn't hurting anybody perhaps there can be an understanding.
Do it is your house no matter what do it

I agree with reaching for some adult boundaries, personal space and earned mutual respect for you.

Easier said than done sometimes but just push back slowly.

Maybe get a locking roller board suitcase at Goodwill or garage sale, a size that would be appropriate.
Put everything in it, put in closet or under bed with a lock (combo). You KNOW she's going to snoop. She has done so. It might releave any anxiety. That is what I did. Hide in plain sight.

If she asks, use ta "positive approach" that you are keeping private thing private, without saying from who (honestly, everyone), etc. and that you are trying to respect HER dislike for them while taking care of your personal business.

Honestly, you owe her no explanation for such a thing. IMO
It is nice she is concerned (I might have asked a similar question but only about medical issue & maybe show interest in your interest if you were my teen. We do maintain a very open-minded household.

She might not push back as much if you do it gently, in a mature adult manner. You'll be earning the respect as an adult hopefully in her eyes. But FIRST claim that in your head. You have a right to privacy. If you don't you need to find a family member to live with asap.

Try to reclaim your privacy. If she uses the "It's my house" (I loath that) you can just remind her that it is not hurting you, her or anyone, it is personal and you are being a responsible adult, you'll never openly wear or whatever you come up with. Ask her what her concerns are. Then you open up a better conversation.

Then maybe offer to open that suitcase whenever she would like to see it WITH YOU and you'll be happy (and excited) to share with her all you keep in it. If she creates a scene in doing so retract the offer. She might like to see for interest. Remember she was hit with this suddenly. I think she might quiet down and say, "oh know, that's fine" if you put her on the spot (again mature, adult and positive, inviting).

This is my opinion, as a parent and as a one-time kid (I had to lock my undies up, normal ones, from two brothers or go without). The sexy ones I hid elsewhere. 😊

My mom caught me sleeping in play/lounge wear" as a teen - mostly jocks etc. as all we could really get.
She made no never-mind about it. With 3 teen boys, the carpet was prolly "alive." Please her heart because she was a HANDFUL.

Last edited:
MickeyM said:
I really would not wear your diapers. Let your mum "breathe " that's your thing , away from vanillas... be kind to your mum. 😊

Reactions: Forced
Back