snuggies diapers web page changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont see the big issue. I think it is great that they are representing their customer base with models who may or may not be considered the ideal physique. Seeing the picture son their site shows how they fit various different body types and, in my opinion, is a good marketing strategy.

Edit: I am not a fan of extreme body hair on either sex but I really don't see where the only model with body hair is a turn off from the product. Its just a general depiction of their customer base.

xtrabulk said:
I guess we're used to sex selling. I have a question...for our male gay/bi members, is this hot? Or have they taken sex out completely? I think it's a great move, and I'm buying tomorrow. But I guess I'm used to being catered to sexually when it comes to advertising. Actually, I'd like to see a normal looking black dude as a diaper model. I wonder why THAT will never happen. Thug life perhaps? Sigh. I'm old. No one caters to me anymore.

Wonder no more:

Y8cK8F4.png

Thats just creepy come on use at least one female model...

mk1rage said:

Snuggies have been hinting at a future product aimed at a more feminene audience, I'm sure you'll be happy soon enough.

Until then keep on being amusingly insecure. :)

I actually like the way they are doing it, but then again, I have no problems looking at an average looking guy. Just saying ^-^

See this is why so many companies out there use Photoshopped and/or nearly perfect models. And then people complain that they're fake. Well...?

I get it though. You want a model that isn't fake, but looks fakely amazing anyway. So hard to please, people are. :p

There current diapers seem a little feminine to me...but I might be interested in something even more so! These guys are doing interesting things, and hearing DC armors are going towards more bulk and even less comfort, Snuggies are looking like my brand for the next big order.

xtrabulk said:
I guess we're used to sex selling. I have a question...for our male gay/bi members, is this hot? Or have they taken sex out completely?

Speaking as a gay man with a preference for stocky guys...heck yeah, this is hot. (Especially the second photo, with the "#pantsareevil" hashtag.)

Keep in mind as you look at these ads that the Snuggies brand was inspired by a series of fake ads that the business's founder, Vincent VanGoo, created for many years. The ads were "pasties," created by Photoshopping diapers onto photos of male models and adding text. The ads billed Snuggies as "diapers for men." The models in the original (fake) Snuggies ads were always male, and generally they were very masculine. The incongruity between the models' masculinity and their diapers was part of the ads' appeal.

For many years, people in the gay ABDL community (including me) wrote VanGoo saying things like, "I wish Snuggies were a real brand!" The whole idea of creating Snuggies diapers was to make the brand real. So the ads for the real Snuggies have to be consistent with the fake ad campaign that ran for over a decade. The new ad campaign has to feature men, and most of those men have to fit a particular image of masculinity. Muscle is required, and it is okay if some fat goes along with it. (The 250 pound model in photo #3 has a belly, but he also has powerful-looking leg muscles.)

absorbency is not as good as bambinos or 24\7. definitely doesn't last more than 1 heavy wetting. They are very, and cute! I will stick to bambinos though. I would rather have a bulky diaper with no leaks rather than a small diaper that leaks. I can hide a diaper, I can't hide leaks!

Yikes, this is the kind of thing I can see going viral in a bad way. Imagine if someone outside of the AB/DL/Fetish community stumbles upon this site and posts a link to Reddit, or if some news site then sensationalizes it as they so often do. Maybe that's even what the owner is hoping for. I think photos like these would quickly turn off any but the most serious AB/DLs. This community is more than just a bunch of hairy, middle-aged, diaper-wearing men, even if that is their target demographic.

I can agree those images don't work .. some don't even look interested in it and others don't look right ..

I think they should have hairless and fit young men at least!

bambinod said:
https://snuggiesdiapers.com

I personally find seeing a bunch of big hairy guys in diapers quite unappealing while trying to shop for diapers. I hope they rethink that one. I was going to look around for a contact link to suggest they sell some of that baby powder scent cans, but I don't think I can stomach digging around on their web page right now...

Or am I being unreasonable?

You're being unreasonable.

There's plenty of skinny, smooth, younger diaper models out there, I happen to be big and (sometimes) hairy. I've seen Snuggies ads featuring many different types of men (and I even think they're starting to use female models too).

- - - Updated - - -

MyWorld08 said:
Never mind the models, I find the PRICE to be the most unattractive part - $25 for a pack of 10!? OUCH!

That and the quality, it's not there yet. In time, perhaps, and maybe with an XL size added to the line for those of us who like a higher rise.

- - - Updated - - -

kitterdafoxy said:
Jeeze, was it too much trouble to find some shaved, or at least non-sasquatchian male models? I'm not against male diaper models at all, but maybe a leaner, cleaner, younger (18+) model would be less off-putting for selling stuff.

Or maybe you could realize that there are men and women of all shapes and sizes in this community and some of us aren't Ken dolls.

Seriously, why is it okay for people to bash hairy and/or heavier men, especially when there are plenty of men out there that appeal to you modeling all sorts of products?

- - - Updated - - -

Pulluplover said:
the really over weight one is frightening

Yes, fat people are terrifying.

Do you hear yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

xtrabulk said:
for our male gay/bi members, is this hot?

Some of the ads I've seen have had pictures that I found sexy, but I don't think the point is to drive men to masturbate. There's just enough sexiness in the ad to appeal to those who do find diapers to be sexual, but I also think their pics are very artistic and visually pleasing, even those that feature models I am not attracted to.

Actually, I'd like to see a normal looking black dude as a diaper model. I wonder why THAT will never happen.

I saw a Snuggies ad that had a black man, athletically built, mid-30's I'd say, wearing a Waddler and holding up a huge teddy bear. It was adorable. (Edit- someone posted it, I love that picture!)

The thing about big men with a little fur wearing babyish diapers speaks a lot to me, because I kind of am that, with tattoos, but inside I am little as all get-out. I can never look like the thin, waif-like, just-turned-18 models that a lot of you want, I can only be me... so when people say they look 'Sasquatchian' and 'frightening', it's really hurtful and cruel. I understand people have different tastes and that's fine, but I can't help who I am. I can't revert to being 18, I can't magically regrow my hair on my head, and while I can manage my weight, I'll never be under 200 pounds, my genetics don't allow for it.

In a way, I wish I liked the Snuggies product more, because I would buy from them enthusiastically because of their models and ads. I would if I had extra money kicking around as well.

- - - Updated - - -

mk1rage said:

There's like 20 million sites out there with female models, not counting Tumblr.

- - - Updated - - -

INTrePid said:
This community is more than just a bunch of hairy, middle-aged, diaper-wearing men, even if that is their target demographic.

If you had made this point in 1996 it would be spot-on. Now the "community" is far more diverse incorporating all different body types and gender identity and crossover with other kinks. Welcome to the 21st century.

Just like anything else in society. Or reaction to body image is a result of our accumulated life experience.

We are constantly bombarded with 'beautiful' people. Based on what?

I'm not going to bash on anyone's opinions because I too have been adversely affected.

With that. I reiterate that I appreciate a site, who's sole purpose is to sell me something, that is willing to show me reality. Now I can make an informed decision.

Which I have by purchasing from them. And the size I chose, because of the photos, was correct.

Thank you Snuggies for showing me those disgusting, horribly obese people with hairy bodies. It was like looking in the mirror.

I am going to finally chime in on this. I think the fact that they are using models that look like their target audience and not some one that needs to eat a big sandwich pleases me greatly. I am right on the edge of fitting their diapers but they're my new favorite. I would like to see some normal looking women there as well.

If I remember right, the entire Snuggies idea was conceived around fake ads that had men in them. Oh well.

MattiKins said:
You're being unreasonable.

There's plenty of skinny, smooth, younger diaper models out there, I happen to be big and (sometimes) hairy. I've seen Snuggies ads featuring many different types of men (and I even think they're starting to use female models too).

- - - Updated - - -

That and the quality, it's not there yet. In time, perhaps, and maybe with an XL size added to the line for those of us who like a higher rise.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe you could realize that there are men and women of all shapes and sizes in this community and some of us aren't Ken dolls.

Seriously, why is it okay for people to bash hairy and/or heavier men, especially when there are plenty of men out there that appeal to you modeling all sorts of products?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, fat people are terrifying.

Do you hear yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the ads I've seen have had pictures that I found sexy, but I don't think the point is to drive men to masturbate. There's just enough sexiness in the ad to appeal to those who do find diapers to be sexual, but I also think their pics are very artistic and visually pleasing, even those that feature models I am not attracted to.

I saw a Snuggies ad that had a black man, athletically built, mid-30's I'd say, wearing a Waddler and holding up a huge teddy bear. It was adorable. (Edit- someone posted it, I love that picture!)

The thing about big men with a little fur wearing babyish diapers speaks a lot to me, because I kind of am that, with tattoos, but inside I am little as all get-out. I can never look like the thin, waif-like, just-turned-18 models that a lot of you want, I can only be me... so when people say they look 'Sasquatchian' and 'frightening', it's really hurtful and cruel. I understand people have different tastes and that's fine, but I can't help who I am. I can't revert to being 18, I can't magically regrow my hair on my head, and while I can manage my weight, I'll never be under 200 pounds, my genetics don't allow for it.

In a way, I wish I liked the Snuggies product more, because I would buy from them enthusiastically because of their models and ads. I would if I had extra money kicking around as well.

- - - Updated - - -

There's like 20 million sites out there with female models, not counting Tumblr.

- - - Updated - - -

If you had made this point in 1996 it would be spot-on. Now the "community" is far more diverse incorporating all different body types and gender identity and crossover with other kinks. Welcome to the 21st century.

are you affiliated for the company or something? you seem really defensive we are just expressing our opinions

I think he's under the impression that this is some kind of "discussion forum" where people can disagree and make totally reasonable counter points.

I don't know man!

MarcusBear said:
I think he's under the impression that this is some kind of "discussion forum" where people can disagree and make totally reasonable counter points.

I don't know man!

I just though it odd that he felt the need to address everyone who was bothered by the photos, hence why I thought he may be with the company that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back