Small Victories

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
This morning, I managed to wake up without wetting my nappy in my sleep for the first time in about five years!!!! Is it weird that this has made me kind of emotional? I didn't even know if it was possible for me anymore. Kind of a small victory I guess, but it's made me really happy. Of course, I ended up wetting myself about an hour after, but knowing I stayed dry a whole night and have to worry a bit less about nappy rash meant that it didn't bother me at all.

Has anyone else had a small victory recently?

Reactions: littlefun, Happy2BeInNappies2, Edgewater and 7 others
derek245 said:
This morning, I managed to wake up without wetting my nappy in my sleep for the first time in about five years!!!! Is it weird that this has made me kind of emotional? I didn't even know if it was possible for me anymore. Kind of a small victory I guess, but it's made me really happy. Of course, I ended up wetting myself about an hour after, but knowing I stayed dry a whole night and have to worry a bit less about nappy rash meant that it didn't bother me at all.

congrats small victories can be good

Reactions: Edgewater, Kittyinpink and derek245
Not recently, but I remember what a huge victory it seemed to be to me when I was a consistent nightly bed wetter, and at age 9 or 10, when I finally woke up in a dry bed. Celebrate your victory even if it may be fleeting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, Kittyinpink and derek245
Zeke said:
Celebrate your victory even if it may be fleeting.
Ha, I'm sure it will be! I won't even begin to expect to be dry again tomorrow morning...

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
derek245 said:

Congratulations. 🥂

I know from experience that if I do wake up dry, that comes to naught as soon as I sit up (to allow blood pressure to ramp up), and then stand up. I'd never make it to the toilet.

Reactions: Edgewater, CheshireCat, derek245 and 2 others
slimjiminy said:
Congratulations. 🥂

I know from experience that if I do wake up dry, that comes to naught as soon as I sit up (to allow blood pressure to ramp up), and then stand up. I'd never make it to the toilet.
Ditto no way I could make it.

Reactions: Edgewater and derek245
As suspected, woke up with a soaked nappy again this morning! Maybe in another five years I'll wake up dry again...

Reactions: charliee and Edgewater
Don't be too disappointed! Incontinence is an asshole, and also of me it's unforeseeable what happens - sometimes I stay dry up for even 3 or 4 hours, needing only one diaper over the day, some days I need three of them. The only thing I can rely on is that I can't rely on my bladder at all - so no chance to do something without being protected, as it might happen anytime. Only exception for me is my daily 1 hour workout on my hometrainer, which I do without diaper, not drinking the last two hours before and be sure to have an empty bladder before starting. But even there it might happen rarely that after the workout, standing up from this "indoor bicycle", a spurt comes out into my boxers and I have to wipe the floor...

Reactions: Edgewater and derek245
Congratulations! I had a small victory a few nights ago where I woke up while having an accident and was able to stop and finish in the toilet. I still woke up wet, but less wet than I would have had I slept through every accident I had that night. This is the first time that has happened since I started bed wetting several years ago. I haven’t had a dry night in more than a year, but sometimes you just have to take the small wins.

Reactions: diaperdude, Edgewater and derek245
On very rare occasions, kind of like you once in five years, I will have a dry wake-up. Celebrations are in order, enjoy your win!!

Reactions: derek245, diaperdude and UrgentWees
Back