Sleeping Without Protection - Research Related Question. No Fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wet the bed for several years when I was younger and I never woke up until morning. I have no idea when I peed as I normally never wake up during the night. I don't remember my dreams so I have no idea if any of my dreams had me thinking I was peeing in a toilet or not.

Wombat said:
Oddly enough, I don't recall ever waking up while totally soaking my training pants, but I do remember waking up while peeing flat out in my nappy, momentarily panicking, then realising that I was diapered and feeling relief.

Now that you remind me, I remember that happening sometimes when I was a teenager, too. I would wake up if I felt urine flowing on my skin. That only happened if I didn't have my diaper on correctly, and (because of the condition that causes me to wet the bed) would be in the middle of a long pee. I'd panic. I knew that I would flood the diaper, if I hadn't already flooded it. I couldn't roll over and go back to sleep.

A flooded bed is the worst thing I remember about growing up. Stripping sheets in the dark while in a wet diaper and soaked pjs. Getting sheets and diapers and pjs in the laundry. Getting a shower, making the bed and diapering myself again. All without waking up my brothers. They are all younger than I am, but none of them wet the bed. I'd be up for at least a half hour and be wide awake for another half hour.

Wombat said:
But if I was just in trainers, I'd sometimes still be asleep in soaked sheets when mum would wake me in the morning, or I'd wake up in the middle of the night cold and wet and have to wake her up to help.

The only time my mother helped me re-make the bed was the first time I wet the bed as a teenager. I was old enough to change my own wet things, and I didn't want her to have to deal with a bedwetting teenager.

Wombat said:
On the rare nights I wasn't wearing any protection, I usually didn't sleep well at all as I'd be constantly getting up to pee "just in case".

That's the main reason I wore a diaper. There's a scientific study that shows that bedwetters that wear protection get as good quality sleep as non-bedwetters. On the other hand, undiapered bedwetters have very poor sleep patterns. Diapered bedwetters do better in school, are better adjusted socially, and have better self-esteem than undiapered bedwetters. Having been there, it makes perfect sense to me.

I normaly dont wake up with wet sheets as I use quality briefs. (Abena M4 Comficare and as childish as they are Rearz Safari[best night diapers ever])However I do occasionally usually after a night of havin a few alcoholic beverages (Bed wetting is not something I dealt with all my life just a side effect of a operation that went wrong and damaged my sphincter muscles) wake up with a wet bed. It does awaken me abruptly knowing that my diaper has leaked and that my sheets and obviously body is wet. Very unpleasant feeling. If I am inebriated when this happens I can fall back to sleep. However if (and occasionally happen) the tapes on my brief fail and have an accident through the night, it doesn't seem to be to long that my body recognizes that cool clammy feeling from my child hood and I awaken. A change of sheets and a fresh diaper and back to sleep I go, but it does effect your mood the next day.

When I was younger, I wet the bed almost daily.

I was never aware of doing so, and slept though it, I woke up your general time of 7am.

NateSean said:
It sounds like your doctor would also advise the parents of a deaf person, "If you yell at her long enough, eventually she will wake up one morning and hear everything as clear as rain."

Something like that, in fact. That was stupid situation and a very bed experience for me that made the things worse, not better. I was lucky enough that it did not last long, about several months, and after that my parents realized that the incontinence protection is not a mean to encourage enuresis, but to manage it.

Sometimes I literally dream that im using a bathroom toilet or outside behind a tree and I pull it out and start to urinate, as this is happening I'll notice in the dream that it feels extremely real and this usually wakes me up cause this is a reoccuring thing and I know what it means outside the dream in my bed.

If I'm wearing protection or not I usually barely wake up though and instantly drift back off to sleep cause I know that the diaper is fine or because the bed is still very warm and I'd much rather get as much sleep as possible. If it gets too uncomfortable such as the diaper is itchy or the bed gets cold then that usually wakes me and forces me to take action, otherwise I don't wake back up. Then I usually sleep right till my alarm goes off.

Then there other times I'll wake up finding small portions of my bed damp or my diaper damp and never know when it happened.

I always sleep through until morning as being wet never wakes me.

I wake up regular time

When I first started to use a diaper at night my wife would say that sometimes when she happened to,be awake she knew when I was wetting and said it was some time later that I woke up and realised what had happened. I always thought I woke up as soon as I was wet, but apparently I was wrong.

I had an accident that caused pelvic nerve damage. At night I always wear an adult cloth diaper with plastic pants. I may sleep through a bedwetting and not know until the next morning, but more often I wake up while it is happening or just after.

--John

I wet the bed until I was about 13-14 years old, and then started again at age 23-24 (honestly can't remember anymore - I just remember there was a 10-year gap in there, I'm 29 now).

I've never had issues with having protection as an adult, but when I was a teenager/pre-teen I refused to wear diapers (found them humiliating and embarrassing, even though my fetish was developing for them then). A lot of times I would wake up as I was wetting, sometimes not until later, but it was almost always still "warm." I'd just shift over to another part of the bed to sleep, or, failing that, grab a bath towel to lay over my accident so I could fall back asleep.

Couple of years ago I felt it. But now I don't feel it anymore. By then it was already to late to even notice. I had problems bed wetting in my teen years off and on. Then it stop, so I felt good again. Then in my late twenties it started again. Now it is even worse. If you don't have protection for overnight it really sucks. I hate changing wet bed sheets. I also have to use a sponge to soak up the pee on the mattress pad. I have to put a fan on it to air it out.

I had occasional bedwetting episodes until my early teens. I hated diapers and refused to wear them, just had a plastic sheet on my bed instead. I always woke up at the exact moment I started peeing, but since I can't stop once I've started, it was too late. I outgrew it when I got to be a somewhat lucid dreamer and noticed that dreams about peeing led to bedwetting.

It really depends on how much I have had to drink and what I wear to bed, but if I have a catheter in draining into a diaper. (making me truly ic) I could soak the bed before I ever fell asleep. I would assume it would be the same for anyone who is ic. I believe the average output of urine per hour is roughly 50cc.

Well,

I've been ic since as a child complications from spinal meningitis...I don't remember the age but like 1.5yo

Anyhow, have nerve damage from that, have several spots on my body I cannot feel at all...

So, when sleeping (which isn't regular with me)...I never know...never have...

During the day...I sometimes can make the bathroom...

Now, I know your body is supposed to slow urine production whilst sleeping...My body doesn't do that either...

Anyhow, most people I've meet that are ic since birth for one reason or another don't really feel or know its going on...this seems to be the majority of people with or without a diaper...

Currently been on a cath for awhile, but have appt Friday, hope I'm healing enough to start getting back to normal...was hoping that a week ago...but alas not yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back