Sleep wetting Vs awake wetting increase

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I don’t know wether it’s down to stress or other factors but my In sleep wetting Vs awake wettings at night time have increased 😧
Most nights if I’ve wet in my sleep it’s in the 1st few hours and after that any wettings I’m aware of, but the last few nights I’ve been sleeping lot longer before 1st wake up may be 4/5 hours so I’ve had at least 2 sleep wettings .
I wear Better dry at night so wake to quite a swelled up nappy 😲
Ps I never go to bed with a full bladder or take any water tablets

Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
NappiedTruckDriver said:
I don’t know wether it’s down to stress or other factors but my In sleep wetting Vs awake wettings at night time have increased 😧
Most nights if I’ve wet in my sleep it’s in the 1st few hours and after that any wettings I’m aware of, but the last few nights I’ve been sleeping lot longer before 1st wake up may be 4/5 hours so I’ve had at least 2 sleep wettings .
How do you feel about this?

Reactions: MegaLugia and Edgewater
Wetshisbed said:
How do you feel about this?
Yes/not bothered as I’m getter a better sleep but I’m just trying to understand the triggers for it
Better waking up to a soaking nappy then a soaking bed my day

Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
maybe it just you kidneys working overtime producing more pee

• Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
NappiedTruckDriver said:
Yes/not bothered as I’m getter a better sleep but I’m just trying to understand the triggers for it
Better waking up to a soaking nappy then a soaking bed my day
My bedwetting is caused by diabetic nerve damage.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2, slimjiminy and 2 others
Wetshisbed said:
well I was about to say he might want to get some bloodworks done to check for diabetes but you kinda gave the hint right there :)

because when the blood glucose is high you wet a lot, both in and out of sleep.
Last night there must have been an air bubble in my insulin IV and I rose up to 320mg/dl , that betterdry was very soaked when I got out of bed, needed 10 units of inulin but I don't think I got all 10 either, so I just replaced the reservoir then, am now stabilising but still but where I should be.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
ChrisChris said:
maybe it just you kidneys working overtime producing more pee
Yes but usually I wake up more to pee but I haven’t last two nights

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Wetshisbed said:
I know from research that my coeliacs also causes nerve problems as well
Also I’m 48 year old male with prostrate trouble history in family

NappiedTruckDriver said:
Yes but usually I wake up more to pee but I haven’t last two nights
Maybe your just getting use to it. Sounds like a win to me. I hate having to wake up to pee. Sleep is valuable.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2 and diapeybabybrian
I am new to this world and after I wore a diaper yesterday kind of liked he feeling! I am 61 and will wearing a diaper at night trigger me to pee what n my sleep?

nappy said:
I am new to this world and after I wore a diaper yesterday kind of liked he feeling! I am 61 and will wearing a diaper at night trigger me to pee what n my sleep?
No, just wearing diapers to bed will not 'trigger' a release. (see post below)

Reactions: MegaLugia and Diprs2
NappiedTruckDriver said:
As you know, simply wearing diapers has no effect on wetting.

As an individual that classifies Incontinent, you understand the need to meet with your Doctor when there is a change regarding your incontinence. Since Incontinence is commonly triggered by changes in your organs, illness, etc. visiting your MD yearly is a standard practice because experiencing 'accidents' is a primary indicator.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
As you know, simply wearing diapers has no effect on wetting.

As an individual that classifies Incontinent, you understand the need to meet with your Doctor when there is a change regarding your incontinence. Since Incontinence is commonly triggered by changes in your organs, illness, etc. visiting your MD yearly is a standard practice because experiencing 'accidents' is a primary indicator.
I’ve got to see him/her any way for my knee but also need to sort a PSA test as well

NappiedTruckDriver said:
Dear Nappied, The transition from conscious wetting to involuntary wetting is well known. That may be all that is happening. I was warned that my day diapers were for emergencies, not convenience. I didn’t listen and before long I was wetting without realizing it.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, MegaLugia, Diprs2 and 1 other person
BuddyBoy said:
Dear Nappied, The transition from conscious wetting to involuntary wetting is well known. That may be all that is happening. I was warned that my day diapers were for emergencies, not convenience. I didn’t listen and before long I was wetting without realizing it.
I haven’t made my post clear , I’ve been sleep wetting for years but mostly in 1st few hours not all night ,
Only in last few days has it been virtually all night

• Wow
NappiedTruckDriver said:
I haven’t made my post clear , I’ve been sleep wetting for years but mostly in 1st few hours not all night ,
Only in last few days has it been virtually all night
Understood. I have read that most sleep wetting occurs in the first few hours. Perhaps others have some insights into the reasons for expanding to all night.

BuddyBoy said:
Understood. I have read that most sleep wetting occurs in the first few hours. Perhaps others have some insights into the reasons for expanding to all night.
The early night wetting is linked to the kidneys as they transition to reducing /stopping production of urine. All night wetting is commonly the communication between the mind and kidneys not getting thru, commonly spinal issues. NOTE: There is no clear consensus in this regard as like many causes of incontinence there are as many opinions as there are Doctors.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2 and NappiedTruckDriver
Generally I will wake just enough to know I have to pee and then consciously relax and pee and quickly fall back asleep. Rarely I don't remember peeing at all and wake with a swollen diaper . I'm okay with that. I have been sleeping so much better lately.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Diprs2, ChrisChris and 1 other person
Back