Skin Care Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdlild2

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wear for bedwetting. I'm a heavy wetter and a side sleeper. I wear a disposable with a cotton pull-on and plastic pants over them. The disposable gets some holes poked to allow controlled leakage to the cloth. It keeps leaks at bay and I find the lining of the disposable feels more comfortable.

About 6 months ago, I switched to TotalDry X-Plus Fitted. I really like the landing zone for the tapes. Lately though, I feel like my skin is getting itchy and irritated, just in the groin area. I use Vaseline to cover the area, but it's not working as well as it used to. I shower with Dove in the morning, then just towel dry. Four or so hours later, I'm just itchy enough to be a distraction.

What does everyone else do for skin care? I went to the doctor for it today. It's not an infection of any type. Not even a rash really. Just a bit itchy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
I used zinc oxide creams for rashes
works amazing
for regular maintenance I just add powder
but you can also use zinc oxide as a barrier
other barrier creams also work well to protect your skin.
Change as often as possible
i aim to change every 4-6 hrs

shower nightly

let your skin breathe
just sit on a soaker pad in the buff and let your skin air out

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, newt and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
I used zinc oxide creams for rashes
works amazing
for regular maintenance I just add powder
but you can also use zinc oxide as a barrier
other barrier creams also work well to protect your skin.
Change as often as possible
i aim to change every 4-6 hrs

shower nightly

let your skin breathe
just sit on a soaker pad in the buff and let your skin air out
Just like you, I also use zinc oxide ointment. It's a great barrier. Especially for fecal accidents. I try to air out my skin everyday. It's key.

Reactions: Diprs2, newt and AJFan2020
I have always been a huge fan of the 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream for everyday use. It is much lighter than zinc oxide and doesn't get all over fingers like zinc oxide and mess with tab adhesion.

That being said, sometimes zinc oxide is necessary if a rash is forming, so I'll unhappily use it. But in that situation its the best product.

I also really like the Walgreens adult wipes with aloe. It just feel better and fresher after wiping than any other brand.

Reactions: Diprs2
Following

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back