• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Shy, autistic boy from uk

longallsboy said:
Did you wear overalls and T strap shoes to those three schools and to the boarding school too? If you did, what did the other kids think about that? Did they make fun of you for wearing little boy clothes or were they accepting? Or did you only wear overalls and T strap shoes on special occasions like church? You said you wore that into your late teens. Were you small for your age? What shoe size did you wear in high (secondary) school and what shoe size do you wear now? I wear a European size 42 / 8 UK / 9 US men's so it's hard to find anything in my size. I would have a lot of more leeway as far as getting T strap shoes if I only even wore a European size 38 / 5 UK / 6 US men's. I have big feet, but I am also almost 6 feet tall.

I certainly wish I got to wear cute clothes and T strap shoes to my late teens. I never wore T strap shoes, and I never wore overalls after age 5. If you wore T strap shoes into your teens, I somewhat envy you. I wish I could have worn a longall and T strap shoes to high school or college. My emotional and social age is truly on the level of a 4 1/2 year old.

Take care

longallsboy
I wore them in my first and second primary school, then again at the residential school!

Was bullied a little at the residential school, but the kids at primary were cool with it.

Yea, I was small - just under 4ft when I began high school, shoe size was five - I shot up in my teens, now 6'2 and shoe size 10 😲

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
LittleRobbie said:
I wore them in my first and second primary school, then again at the residential school!

Was bullied a little at the residential school, but the kids at primary were cool with it.

Yea, I was small - just under 4ft when I began high school, shoe size was five - I shot up in my teens, now 6'2 and shoe size 10 😲

That's very interesting. In a way, I envy you. I'd love to have worn overalls and T strap shoes to junior high and high school. Wow, you went from 4 feet to 6 feet 2 inches? Amazing. When I was in high school, I knew this blond haired kid in my class in 9th grade, gentle kid, actually quite nice. He was only 4 feet 9 inches tall. Quite cute back then actually (I was already 5 feet 9 inches by that point). What was so funny was that by the time I was a senior, that kid was taller than me and he was 6 feet 1 inches!! 😯😁🤣 I am a little bit shorter than 6 feet tall - although I'm the tallest person in 26 relatives of mine. My maternal grandparents were both about 5 feet tall. I hate being the tallest actually, because I act the youngest out of the 26 relatives. I'm the only one who isn't married, aside from my cousin's children and my nephews, and so at dinners at restaurants, everyone sits next to their spouses and kids, and I always end up in the middle between my mom and dad!! I feel like a 3 year old. As far as I'm concerned, I think I should have been a proportionate pituitary dwarf that never changed in my teens. Late growth is not unheard of actually. I have a friend who is 18 years old and going to university soon. He was the size of a 4 year old when he was 6 years old. He was wearing clothes meant for a 4 year old then, when I first met him. He was very short then. But now, he is 5 feet 9 inches almost and sounds like an adult - well theoretically, 18 IS indeed an adult.

So you are 6 feet 2 inches tall and wear a size 10 shoe now??! Wow that is big. I wear a size 9 men's USA which is equal to a European 42, or a 8 in UK sizes. So if you are a 10 UK size, then you are a 11 men's USA size - 2 sizes above me - the equivalent of probably an European 44, or possibly even 45. Goodness! LOL. I have a very difficult time finding T strap shoes for myself even. Yep, I don't think you will be able to wear that now. But I'm sure you've had your good memories.

You must looked very cute wearing these clothes and shoes. Did it make you look more like a disobedient and naughty little boy when you misbehaved in school, rather than some teenager??

I'm surprised you never got bullied much for wearing the overalls and T strap shoes. I may actually not have had as good an experience as you if I had worn that. Although I don't absolutely know. The kids I knew in high school were pretty tolerant of me actually, so I don't know. They might have been actually accepting of me, had I worn a gingham longall and T strap shoes. I do know I have worn a longall to my county park and no one visiting the park ever gave me a hard time for it. In fact, one lady in her 50s actually said she loved my outfit and T strap shoes.

I was bullied a lot in state university when I lived in a residence apartment complex, mostly because I was Autistic, but likely aldo because I collected children's T strap shoes. The funny part is, while I was called plenty of awful names, somehow they suddenly stopped bullying me when I got these Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls in the mail and wore that. I actually did look like a little boy. For some reason unbeknownst to me, they stopped bullying me when I wore that. I didn't wear T strap shoes with that, though. Maybe I should have. Also, my mom reasons maybe they stopped bullying me because they were worried I was going to explode or something. And also, Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls are much more casual than something like a longall or jon jon, which is much more dressy, cutesy, and more "girly" looking - an outfit that when worn by little boys in the Deep South of the USA - is often paired up with T strap Mary Jane shoes or even possibly (although much more uncommon) single strap Mary Jane shoes, which are more for little girls than boys. You see T strap shoes on little boys much more often than single strap Mary Janes. Although some boys in England did wear single strap Mary Janes, such as Prince William and Harry when they were preschoolers in the mid 1980s. 💜😁

Take care,

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LittleRobbie and BobbiSueEllen
Hello and Welcome

Hey someone new to share toys with. Welcome. I very much enjoyed Teletubbies myself. Though love baby Looney tunes. School was hard . We just take one day at a time.
It's ok if you are shy you're among a very nice group of people.

• Love
longallsboy said:
That's very interesting. In a way, I envy you. I'd love to have worn overalls and T strap shoes to junior high and high school. Wow, you went from 4 feet to 6 feet 2 inches? Amazing. When I was in high school, I knew this blond haired kid in my class in 9th grade, gentle kid, actually quite nice. He was only 4 feet 9 inches tall. Quite cute back then actually (I was already 5 feet 9 inches by that point). What was so funny was that by the time I was a senior, that kid was taller than me and he was 6 feet 1 inches!! 😯😁🤣 I am a little bit shorter than 6 feet tall - although I'm the tallest person in 26 relatives of mine. My maternal grandparents were both about 5 feet tall. I hate being the tallest actually, because I act the youngest out of the 26 relatives. I'm the only one who isn't married, aside from my cousin's children and my nephews, and so at dinners at restaurants, everyone sits next to their spouses and kids, and I always end up in the middle between my mom and dad!! I feel like a 3 year old. As far as I'm concerned, I think I should have been a proportionate pituitary dwarf that never changed in my teens. Late growth is not unheard of actually. I have a friend who is 18 years old and going to university soon. He was the size of a 4 year old when he was 6 years old. He was wearing clothes meant for a 4 year old then, when I first met him. He was very short then. But now, he is 5 feet 9 inches almost and sounds like an adult - well theoretically, 18 IS indeed an adult.

So you are 6 feet 2 inches tall and wear a size 10 shoe now??! Wow that is big. I wear a size 9 men's USA which is equal to a European 42, or a 8 in UK sizes. So if you are a 10 UK size, then you are a 11 men's USA size - 2 sizes above me - the equivalent of probably an European 44, or possibly even 45. Goodness! LOL. I have a very difficult time finding T strap shoes for myself even. Yep, I don't think you will be able to wear that now. But I'm sure you've had your good memories.

You must looked very cute wearing these clothes and shoes. Did it make you look more like a disobedient and naughty little boy when you misbehaved in school, rather than some teenager??

I'm surprised you never got bullied much for wearing the overalls and T strap shoes. I may actually not have had as good an experience as you if I had worn that. Although I don't absolutely know. The kids I knew in high school were pretty tolerant of me actually, so I don't know. They might have been actually accepting of me, had I worn a gingham longall and T strap shoes. I do know I have worn a longall to my county park and no one visiting the park ever gave me a hard time for it. In fact, one lady in her 50s actually said she loved my outfit and T strap shoes.

I was bullied a lot in state university when I lived in a residence apartment complex, mostly because I was Autistic, but likely aldo because I collected children's T strap shoes. The funny part is, while I was called plenty of awful names, somehow they suddenly stopped bullying me when I got these Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls in the mail and wore that. I actually did look like a little boy. For some reason unbeknownst to me, they stopped bullying me when I wore that. I didn't wear T strap shoes with that, though. Maybe I should have. Also, my mom reasons maybe they stopped bullying me because they were worried I was going to explode or something. And also, Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls are much more casual than something like a longall or jon jon, which is much more dressy, cutesy, and more "girly" looking - an outfit that when worn by little boys in the Deep South of the USA - is often paired up with T strap Mary Jane shoes or even possibly (although much more uncommon) single strap Mary Jane shoes, which are more for little girls than boys. You see T strap shoes on little boys much more often than single strap Mary Janes. Although some boys in England did wear single strap Mary Janes, such as Prince William and Harry when they were preschoolers in the mid 1980s. 💜😁

Take care,

- longallsboy
I've always been a disobedient and naughty little boy (never grew out of that) lol! That's one of the reasons I wasn't bullied a lot, the other boys and girls loved my mischief!

I always wore single straps but unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to be related to Prince William and Prince Harry :)

plasticpants10 said:
Hello and Welcome
Thank you @plasticpants10

foxkits said:
Hey someone new to share toys with. Welcome. I very much enjoyed Teletubbies myself. Though love baby Looney tunes. School was hard . We just take one day at a time.
It's ok if you are shy you're among a very nice group of people.
Please, I'm looking for other AB's, DL's and little's to share toys and have play dates with :)

Loved Teletubbies too, and still do. Also love Barney & Friends, Thomas & Friends, snuggling in arms with a bottle 🍼 and getting into mischief

• Haha
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
Back