• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Shy, autistic boy from uk

LittleRobbie

Always in a wet diaper!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Hi everyone,

I'm very shy (peeps round the soffa and waves) and recently been diagnosed with autism.
Been an AB for as long as I can remember, but never had the courage to tell anyone.
Being an ab has nothing to do with my autisum, but both make it hard for me to make friends.
Joined here today to meet other people in the abdl community, and hopful!y find some abdl friends and activities.
I'm from Cambridgeshire in eng!and, uk and I have several adult baby outfits.

I like playing the role of both a baby and little, but I always regresse as a little.
I'm happy to chat to polite, understanding people, and will help anyone where I can :)

Reactions: AJ33, KBoy, LaLoneDigi and 2 others
LittleRobbie said:
Hi everyone,

I'm very shy (peeps round the soffa and waves) and recently been diagnosed with autism.
Been an AB for as long as I can remember, but never had the courage to tell anyone.
Being an ab has nothing to do with my autisum, but both make it hard for me to make friends.
Joined here today to meet other people in the abdl community, and hopful!y find some abdl friends and activities.

I like playing the role of both a baby and little, but I always regresse as a little.
I'm happy to chat to polite, understanding people, and will help anyone where I can :)
Hello and Welcome to this site from Somerset in the West/South West region of the United Kingdom. I have been diagnosed with mild autisms that is on my NHS Records somewhere between 1988 (October the year I was born) to 1992 from a jab I had that caused me to have autism's and went to a special needs school.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy and LittleRobbie
Howdy! Nongender-person & AB girl in the US...specifically, Boise, Idaho, spud capital of the western hemisphere, LOL. Also have autism, many of us here do. I believe the high incidence of autism in AB/DL is a remarkable coincidence, neither responsible for the other. Sure makes for an interesting life. Welcome! 🥳

• Love
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
Hello and Welcome to this site from Somerset in the West/South West region of the United Kingdom. I have been diagnosed with mild autisms that is on my NHS Records somewhere between 1988 (October the year I was born) to 1992 from a jab I had that caused me to have autism's and went to a special needs school.
Just putting this out there: autism is genetic, not of an external source. Inoculations neither cause nor exacerbate autism.

Reactions: EmX, KBoy, PaddedCub and 3 others
Hello and welcome to the community. Thank you for the introduction. You certainly are not alone here. Plenty of people here are shy and reserved. We also have many neurodivergent people. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Reactions: KBoy, longallsboy, LittleRobbie and 1 other person
LittleRobbie said:
Hi everyone,

Good Afternoon and Welcome!
I myself have both Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
I am in Derry, New Hampshire in the USA.
There are a lot of us Autistic "Littles" here.

Welcome to the site! Many great people here to talk to :) 👍

Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and LittleRobbie
LittleRobbie said:
Hi everyone,

Hi Little Robbie, I have Autism as well - Classic Autism and ADHD. I was diagnosed when I was in my early mid 20s. Though a lot of old high school teachers I had and even former elementary school teachers suspected I had that later on, but nothing was known about Autism when I was growing up. A lot of Autistic people just fell through the cracks of the educational system in those days.

I notice there is a preponderance of people with Autism who are "adult babies" and somehow I'm not that surprised because Autistic people tend to be a lot more immature than nonautistic people. I wouldn't say they are the majority of adult babies, not at all, but still an alarming amount. If even, for instance, the percentage of adult babies with Autism was 12% (I'm just throwing out numbers), which I think may be close to the percentage, that would still be a total significant overrepresentation. Since Autistic people only make up 1 to 2% of the entire human population, if 12% of adult babies were on the Autism spectrum, that would be enough to even say Autism might be a predisposing factor to end up being an adult baby.

I wouldn't really call myself a bona fide adult baby at all, because I don't wear diapers. However, I have a lot of childish inclinations, such as liking old fashioned children's clothing, children's cartoons like Teletubbies and Little Bear and Sesame Street, pacifiers for quite some time, dressy overalls (long-alls) and even T strap Mary Jane buckle leather shoes. I also like kiddie rides at amusement parks. I am more of like a 1980s child. Emotionally and socially I act like a 4 1/2 year old 98% of the time due to my Autism.

I have a question : since you are my age, it's clear you were a child of the late 1970s to late 1980s, so I'm wondering : how were you dressed when you were a young child. I'm from the West Coast of the USA, but I know in England in the 1980s, a lot of little boys wore T strap shoes (also known as T bar shoes) in England with rompers or overalls. My question is when you were in nursery school / preschool and kindergarten, did you wear overalls with T strap shoes or Mary Janes? Just wondering. And if you did, did you love wearing them? Did you ever wear anything like that in primary school. I never did, but like I said, I'm from the western USA. I know Start Rite of England was big at the time, as was Clarks and some other brands.

Welcome to ADISC.

Take care

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and LittleRobbie
longallsboy said:
Hi Little Robbie, I have Autism as well - Classic Autism and ADHD. I was diagnosed when I was in my early mid 20s. Though a lot of old high school teachers I had and even former elementary school teachers suspected I had that later on, but nothing was known about Autism when I was growing up. A lot of Autistic people just fell through the cracks of the educational system in those days.

I notice there is a preponderance of people with Autism who are "adult babies" and somehow I'm not that surprised because Autistic people tend to be a lot more immature than nonautistic people. I wouldn't say they are the majority of adult babies, not at all, but still an alarming amount. If even, for instance, the percentage of adult babies with Autism was 12% (I'm just throwing out numbers), which I think may be close to the percentage, that would still be a total significant overrepresentation. Since Autistic people only make up 1 to 2% of the entire human population, if 12% of adult babies were on the Autism spectrum, that would be enough to even say Autism might be a predisposing factor to end up being an adult baby.

I wouldn't really call myself a bona fide adult baby at all, because I don't wear diapers. However, I have a lot of childish inclinations, such as liking old fashioned children's clothing, children's cartoons like Teletubbies and Little Bear and Sesame Street, pacifiers for quite some time, dressy overalls (long-alls) and even T strap Mary Jane buckle leather shoes. I also like kiddie rides at amusement parks. I am more of like a 1980s child. Emotionally and socially I act like a 4 1/2 year old 98% of the time due to my Autism.

I have a question : since you are my age, it's clear you were a child of the late 1970s to late 1980s, so I'm wondering : how were you dressed when you were a young child. I'm from the West Coast of the USA, but I know in England in the 1980s, a lot of little boys wore T strap shoes (also known as T bar shoes) in England with rompers or overalls. My question is when you were in nursery school / preschool and kindergarten, did you wear overalls with T strap shoes or Mary Janes? Just wondering. And if you did, did you love wearing them? Did you ever wear anything like that in primary school. I never did, but like I said, I'm from the western USA. I know Start Rite of England was big at the time, as was Clarks and some other brands.

Welcome to ADISC.

Take care

- longallsboy
@longallsboy yes, that's exactly how I was dressed. Born mid 70's, 1975 to be exact. I wore t strap shoes and dungarees until late teens. Did I like the way I was dressed? Never really thought about it, that was the way I was dressed and there was nothing I could do about it. But I can honestly say, I didn't dislike the way I was dressed.

Totally agree with the autism diagnosed in those days; autism wasn't really recognised - I was "just a mischievous child with behaviour problrms" (still am :) ) - went to special needs school, but still wasn't diagnosed until years later!

Reactions: KBoy, longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
LittleRobbie said:
@longallsboy yes, that's exactly how I was dressed. Born mid 70's, 1975 to be exact. I wore t strap shoes and dungarees until late teens. Did I like the way I was dressed? Never really thought about it, that was the way I was dressed and there was nothing I could do about it. But I can honestly say, I didn't dislike the way I was dressed.

Totally agree with the autism diagnosed in those days; autism wasn't really recognised - I was "just a mischievous child with behaviour problrms" (still am :) ) - went to special needs school, but still wasn't diagnosed until years later!

Actually I find that very cute. I love that style of dress! I never wore overalls after 5 1/2 years old and I never wore T strap shoes at all ever during my childhood. I did find a vintage green children's T strap by Start Rite 10 years ago on eBay in a size 41 EU. I wear a 42 EU, so it is not very comfortable though I can fit into it. There are quite a few children's shoe companies in Spain that do make T strap shoes to a size 38 European, which some people here on ADISC can fit into, but unfortunately not me. Some of the T strap shoes made in Spain nowadays indeed very cute. My favorite color is actually tan, which is sort of like burnt orange or cowhide color. I am trying to get some children's shoe companies in Spain to make something, but if they don't have a size 42 shoe last, it can be quite difficult. I'm willing to pay thousands of euros / dollars to get what I want if possible.

Do you think you were made to wear overalls and T strap shoes to a late age because you were developmentally disabled? Just wondering.... I am only one year younger than you and I still live with my parents. At family restaurant dinners, I always end up sandwiched between my parents because I am not married; if I had a spouse, I'd obviously be sitting with my spouse. All my cousins and my only brother all got married. I feel I get treated worse than a 3 year old sometimes. My mom won't even allow me to wear a longall and T strap shoes to anywhere but my county park. I can't even wear it to my local community college, which I have been around 30 years. My brother who is not Autistic (4 1/2 years younger than me) thinks that I have less rights than my nephews. My nephews are 7 and 11 years old. It's like being treated like a child without the child privileges. It's worse than being a 3 year old. I wish that I was a proportional pituitary dwarf that looked like a 4 year old. That would be at least better than being nearly 6 feet tall and being unable to wear children's overalls / long-alls, or T strap shoes, or unable to ride on a Power Wheels car, or unable to even ride on a lot of kiddie amusement park rides. And some people wouldn't bully me either if I looked like a 4 year old. I've heard it always said "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me". That is totally untrue and to be honest, I'd rather be a 3 year old any day even if it meant I'd get smacked on my rear behind with an open hand by my mom, as long as I got to wear T strap shoes. Being spanked actually doesn't hurt as much as being bullied like I have, especially from people online or in person from Oregon. I'd rather be spanked any day if that meant I could get rid of the bullies in exchange. I don't live in Oregon thankfully, but I live in a state not too far away. People can be so cruel to Autistic people. To be honest, some of the higher functioning Autistic people can even be bullies and call the lower functioning Autistic people like me and some of my friends names. It's horrible. I'm hoping to move to the Deep South.

Do you have any photos of you wearing overalls and T strap shoes from your childhood or teen years? I'd love to see it!

Take care

longallsboy

PS - did you ever like Teletubbies? I was a big fan in college from about chronologically 22 to 24 years old and then 24 to 33!! Have you ever been to Stratford upon Avon? Teletubbies was filmed over there! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
@longallsboy "Do you think you were made to wear overalls and T strap shoes to a late age because you were developmentally disabled?" Maybe, but I wouldn't have thought so as I hadn't been diagnosed.

I may have some photos of childhood, but I believe sharing them on here is against the rules. Can a moderator confirm this?

Reactions: longallsboy
LittleRobbie said:
@longallsboy "Do you think you were made to wear overalls and T strap shoes to a late age because you were developmentally disabled?" Maybe, but I wouldn't have thought so as I hadn't been diagnosed.

I may have some photos of childhood, but I believe sharing them on here is against the rules. Can a moderator confirm this?

You can share photos in private messages, but you have to have 20 comments before you get to do that. I probably wouldn't advise you to put photos here for everyone to see necessarily. I have sent others photos by private messaging several many times, but I never showed a photo of myself on here on the forum itself. I don't think it's against the rules, but personally, I'd send a private message.

- longallsboy

Reactions: LittleRobbie
LittleRobbie said:

Yeah, but you said you attended Special Ed classes in school even though you weren't diagnosed till later. That is definitely not improbable, I have a friend who has more higher functioning Autism (more like what used to be called Asperger's Syndrome, versus Classic Autism) and he lives an hour from me and he can drive a car. He was in Special Ed, but because he was classified as emotionally disturbed. I actually did get some Special Ed long before I was diagnosed with Autism. In elementary (primary) school, I attended some adaptive PE classes from kindergarten through 5th grade. They knew I had some problem. I also was thought to be purposely misbehaving when younger so I got punished too, both at school and at home. The biggest problem was my attention span. Because I couldn't pay attention, that meant that I couldn't follow directions. And that was one of the classroom rules. There were 5 of them. I got sent home early frequently from school in 1st to 3rd grade because of this. I think after I went to kindergarten actually, all Hell broke loose. My kindergarten teacher had so many problems with me. I almost got held behind in kindergarten. My first grade teacher wrote on her evaluation of me in a report card that "I had an extremely inappropriate and immature span of attention for a 6 year old". The only time I remember I didn't get into trouble in school from before kindergarten to 12th grade was when I was 3 and 4 years old in a private nursery school.

I have a driver's license for 27 years but I never have driven alone by myself because my attention span is only 25-30 minutes still. My parents drive me most places. I haven't had a girlfriend for 27 years, I basically can't drive, I will probably never be able to afford buying a house, I've never been able to have a job (85% of Autistic college graduates are unemployed), I never even took a vacation by myself, never even flown on an airplane alone. I know 8 year olds who were even able to do that. So see, I don't have the child rights that I mentioned in the previous response, but I also don't have the adult rights, either. It's worse than being a 3 year old.

- longallsboy

• Sad
Reactions: dogboy
I understand what your saying @longallsboy, life is hard, but it's because we are cared about!
The most humiliating experience for me was having to wear reins until midteens, as I would run into traffic. I didn't understand why I had to walk the streets in bondage as my friends didnt. I didn't understand danger and have never done anything alone in my life alone. As I grew older I learned people were just keeping me safe.
As I hadn't been diagnosed people who didn't care about me thought I was just a weird idiot. I was also punished a lot because people couldn't be bothered to find out why I did things. I was expelled from three schools before attending special ed boarding school. It wasn't a school for autistic kids as such, just kids with behaviour issues in general. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't a nice school, and many problems were caused from being there.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
Hello and welcome from Australia. I hope you make friends here there are many others just like you here like me

Reactions: KBoy, LittleRobbie and BobbiSueEllen
LittleRobbie said:
Hi everyone,

Welcome

Reactions: LittleRobbie
hello! there's lots of other autistic littles here, you'll find lots of other people who are like you and share your interests!
i'm autistic as well! there's lots of us here! i wasn't diagnosed in childhood, but i have had it recognized recently in adulthood! hope you enjoy your stay!

Reactions: KBoy, LittleRobbie and BobbiSueEllen
LittleRobbie said:
I understand what your saying @longallsboy, life is hard, but it's because we are cared about!
The most humiliating experience for me was having to wear reins until midteens, as I would run into traffic. I didn't understand why I had to walk the streets in bondage as my friends didnt. I didn't understand danger and have never done anything alone in my life alone. As I grew older I learned people were just keeping me safe.
As I hadn't been diagnosed people who didn't care about me thought I was just a weird idiot. I was also punished a lot because people couldn't be bothered to find out why I did things. I was expelled from three schools before attending special ed boarding school. It wasn't a school for autistic kids as such, just kids with behaviour issues in general. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't a nice school, and many problems were caused from being there.

Yes, I realize that. I think my parents do care about me and I think others do too.....maybe they are overprotective of me, but they likely only have good intentions. I've had friends who were preschoolers while even in my 30s and their moms were concerned about my welfare too. It was almost like I was a child that was playing with their child. I was really even babied in a way at one state university in 1997, in that the class teacher assistant tried to help me with a lot of things, but I still couldn't pass that Geographic Information Systems class I took. A year later I transferred to another state university where I lived away from home. I managed to get a bachelor degree in Geography in 2000. It took me 5 1/2 years to graduate (I had gone to community college for my general education requirements from 1994 to the end of 1996). At the second state university, I lived in the college residence apartment complex / dorm. A lot of the kids were not nice and I got called retarded too frequently. I would say 96% of the 20 to 24 year olds thought I was, seriously, mentally retarded. I got called all sorts of names. Not that these students were really that smart, either. I knew too many who smoked marijuana or drank alcohol all the time. I never did anything like that.

I've been babied by other people who care about me to the point where I don't know how well I'd survive on my own without help from the community or by neighbors. I mean, I basically have been led to be dependent on other people. I feel that even if I move to North Carolina, South Carolina or Alabama, or wherever, I will need the support on my community or subdivision. I, in no way, think I should be totally on my own. To be on my own totally would be like throwing a baby lamb off the deck of a cruise ship into the deep end of the ocean without a life preserver to drown.

There were several times I ran into traffic too. I was an (unpaid) assistant co-host at Preschooler Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds at one of my libraries for 16 years. There were times when my children's librarian friend had to hold me back in the parking garage or in the parking lot. I've had several near misses almost getting hit by a car.

I almost got sent to the school district's special school for emotionally disturbed children when I was in kindergarten in 1981. I didn't end up going there but the elementary school administration highly recommended that I redo kindergarten. I didn't do that either, I just went to first grade. In 7th and 8th grade, I almost ended up going to a boarding school myself. I missed doing so many homework assignments in those years which were in a Catholic school. There were kindergartner and first grader girls who wore babyish looking dresses and Mary Janes that were actually more responsible than me in remembering to do their homework. I had an after school detention for every 3 missing assignments. I had 8 detentions in 8th grade.

- longallsboy

LittleRobbie said:

Did you wear overalls and T strap shoes to those three schools and to the boarding school too? If you did, what did the other kids think about that? Did they make fun of you for wearing little boy clothes or were they accepting? Or did you only wear overalls and T strap shoes on special occasions like church? You said you wore that into your late teens. Were you small for your age? What shoe size did you wear in high (secondary) school and what shoe size do you wear now? I wear a European size 42 / 8 UK / 9 US men's so it's hard to find anything in my size. I would have a lot of more leeway as far as getting T strap shoes if I only even wore a European size 38 / 5 UK / 6 US men's. I have big feet, but I am also almost 6 feet tall.

I certainly wish I got to wear cute clothes and T strap shoes to my late teens. I never wore T strap shoes, and I never wore overalls after age 5. If you wore T strap shoes into your teens, I somewhat envy you. I wish I could have worn a longall and T strap shoes to high school or college. My emotional and social age is truly on the level of a 4 1/2 year old.

Take care

longallsboy

Last edited:
Today was a trip to the New Hampshire DMV office in Salem to swap my Driver's License to a Non-Driver ID.
My Driver's License was going to expire tomorrow.
Anyway, I am watching a British WWII documentary.
Then Science documentaries.

Back