Should I try to become an Adult Baby?

subanark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I like diapers, but the adult baby stuff never clicked with me. Maybe I'm not in the right mindset, or just haven't gotten the appropriate gear. I don't really have any memories at that age, and I've only changed a diaper once in my life. Currently I need to take frequent breaks while lying down, and while I can sleep some during this it really throws off my sleep schedule. So, I need something to occupy me during these down times that requires minimal movement and is does not require much thinking (It is a weird neurological issue). I am thinking of trying hypnosis recordings, possibly see if a pacifier would help. Any suggestions here?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, medfet878 and littledreamers333
It’s up to you, but if it’s not for you then it’s not for you. You could get a pacifier, but you could also do something like watch a simple TV show

Reactions: LittleTyke, BigKid25 and PadPhilosopher
You don't have to be an AB to enjoy full or occasional diaper time
you can be a DL or DL with AB or any combo that works for you
you're the captain you make the decisions on what's right & comfortable for you
want to take a month break from diapers that's ok
want to wear more frequently that's ok too
You don't have to fit in a particular box

Reactions: BigKid25, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 1 other person
I’ve always had an oral fixation and started using a nightly pacifier two years before I got into diapers on a steady basis. Everyone has their own level of comfort. Some enjoy pooping, I don’t. One day I will do errands with an over ripe banana in my diaper to simulate poop.

Never be afraid to try new things.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and medfet878
You seemed to have gotten past the hardest part which is to accept wearing diapers and enjoying wearing them. So if you want to go a little further, step by step, try a pacifier and see how it feels. Or start with sucking your thumb if that's something you did when you were a child. Just go slow and find what suits you. Diapers may be as far as it goes, or not. It's all in your hands.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and medfet878
Never force yourself. You dont have to be baby to enjoy diapers. Do not let others decisions influence or sway your comforts <3

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 1 other person
Master yoda said, no! Do, or do not. There is no " try".

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
Well I've finally been officially diagnosed with autism.

A while back I was doing some Web surfing and searching. Searching for adult pacifiers and their usefulness for adults and for those with autism of all ages adults included.

I came across a website that sells stimming items for autistics, and the website sold adult pacifiers.

It turns out pacifiers make good stimming items, and also are very good destressing tools and help to get relaxed.

Well I purchased a few from another ABDL website. I have to say yes infact pacifiers do help for calming down and for stimming to.

So I'm going to say get a pacifier or two and try one and see if it'll help you get calm and relaxed for bed. If it works then you've found a solution.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Traveler
DreamyDoodleBug said:
It’s up to you, but if it’s not for you then it’s not for you. You could get a pacifier, but you could also do something like watch a simple TV show
I wonder if it is better watching one in a language you don't know?
SparkyDog said:
You don't have to be an AB to enjoy full or occasional diaper time
you can be a DL or DL with AB or any combo that works for you
you're the captain you make the decisions on what's right & comfortable for you
want to take a month break from diapers that's ok
want to wear more frequently that's ok too
You don't have to fit in a particular box
I don't feel like DL implies AB... I'm just looking for a way to improve my mental health
Seasonedcitizen said:
I’ve always had an oral fixation and started using a nightly pacifier two years before I got into diapers on a steady basis. Everyone has their own level of comfort. Some enjoy pooping, I don’t. One day I will do errands with an over ripe banana in my diaper to simulate poop.

Never be afraid to try new things.
Yea... a pacifier seems to be one of the more active ways to go.
Lyric said:
You seemed to have gotten past the hardest part which is to accept wearing diapers and enjoying wearing them. So if you want to go a little further, step by step, try a pacifier and see how it feels. Or start with sucking your thumb if that's something you did when you were a child. Just go slow and find what suits you. Diapers may be as far as it goes, or not. It's all in your hands.
My parents claimed I sucked two fingers instead of a thumb... darn if I can remember it though
medfet878 said:

A while back I was doing some Web surfing and searching. Searching for adult pacifiers and their usefulness for adults and for those with autism of all ages adults included.

I came across a website that sells stimming items for autistics, and the website sold adult pacifiers.

It turns out pacifiers make good stimming items, and also are very good destressing tools and help to get relaxed.

Well I purchased a few from another ABDL website. I have to say yes infact pacifiers do help for calming down and for stimming to.

So I'm going to say get a pacifier or two and try one and see if it'll help you get calm and relaxed for bed. If it works then you've found a solution.
It wasn't until I was 35 did I get an autism diagnosis, as for stimming, I used to rub my hands together a lot, but that seems to have died down about when I hit 30.

Reactions: medfet878 and PadPhilosopher
medfet878 said:

I just discovered this yesterday after doing some "targeted" research. I have been wanting to try pacifiers for a long time but couldn't get over the stigma, and just like how diapers started for me with an online search (on AOL, showing my age here) I discovered a lot of positive takes on using an adult pacifier so I ordered a few to try. That night I sucked my thumb and felt a latch (I'm really familiar with it since my child couldn't latch and needed a feeding tube so I did lots of research) for what I think is the first time ever in my 40 years on the planet and I instantly understood the benefits. I've been sucking and chewing on the inside of my cheeks my entire life due to anxiety, and have had several non cancerous tumors in my cheeks removed, which may have masked or possibly caused an oral fixation. I'm really excited to try adult pacifiers to see if they can improve my life.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Hrm... I wonder if a pacifier can help me lose weight as I really like to snack.

Don't feel like you have to if you're hearts not in it. Everybody's different, and what'll work for some may not work for you. I'd recommend a stuffed animal! even when i'm not little i sleep with one because hugging it to bed is my personal low effort minimal thinking activity that keeps my brain busy when i'm lying down.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
Bunnybnuy said:
Don't feel like you have to if you're hearts not in it. Everybody's different, and what'll work for some may not work for you. I'd recommend a stuffed animal! even when i'm not little i sleep with one because hugging it to bed is my personal low effort minimal thinking activity that keeps my brain busy when i'm lying down.
I tried stuff animals, but I didn't feel any connection... I'm kind of "hugging is awkward". I just can't remember hardly anything prior to college... and even then it is faded

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and LittleAndAlone
AB doesn't just mean infant/baby btw. There are Littles and Middles too.

🧸

Sometimes it feels more right to be a older little kid who's still holding onto babyish things instead of trying to be an actual baby. For some of us, this resonates with our actual older childhood age when we discovered we liked this stuff and fantasized about it and wished for it but would never dare admit it or ask.

No memories of childhood is very heartbreaking though. 😢🥺

If you have any nieces or nephews or friends with kids maybe that could help trigger something. Or a photo album or something?

It's something you either are or you aren't though, can't really just decide to be. If you explore and find nothing then thats OK too.

For me the first time I explored more than just diapers was when I could no longer fit in kids diapers and pull-ups. The plain white non ABDL diapers that were available at the time felt like something was missing without the babyish landing strip and designs. So my brain spontaneously filled the gap with a sudden desire for footed sleepers and a pacifier to make up for it.

That would be the extent of it for many years. It was only the last two years when something was triggered by my getting a entire place to myself for the first time. Suddenly went crazy consuming ABDL comics and stories, wanting kids bed sheets, stuffed animals, kids tooth paste, dino nuggies, everything, even wanting to go to CAPcon. 🤣 It was quite overwhelming. The anticipation of the burden of hiding being lifted just caused an avalanche in my little self and caused me to realize this is who I always was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teddy02, PadPhilosopher, DiaperedTeddyBear and 1 other person
LittleAndAlone said:
AB doesn't just mean infant/baby btw. There are Littles and Middles too.

🧸

Sometimes it feels more right to be a older little kid who's still holding onto babyish things instead of trying to be an actual baby. For some of us, this resonates with our actual older childhood age when we discovered we liked this stuff and fantasized about it and wished for it but would never dare admit it or ask.

No memories of childhood is very heartbreaking though. 😢🥺

If you have any nieces or nephews or friends with kids maybe that could help trigger something. Or a photo album or something?

It's something you either are or you aren't though, can't really just decide to be. If you explore and find nothing then thats OK too.

For me the first time I explored more than just diapers was when I could no longer fit in kids diapers and pull-ups. The plain white non ABDL diapers that were available at the time felt like something was missing without the babyish landing strip and designs. So my brain spontaneously filled the gap with a sudden desire for footed sleepers and a pacifier to make up for it.

That would be the extent of it for many years. It was only the last two years when something was triggered by my getting a entire place to myself for the first time. Suddenly when crazy consuming ABDL comics, wanting kids bed sheets, stuffed animals, kids tooth paste, dino nuggies, everything, even wanting to go to CAPcon. 🤣
I'm mainly looking for infant as I need something during the time I am immobile. I have a few memories scattered, like when I learned grown ups only assumed I was sucking my fingers when I had my back turned to them, when in fact I was faking it. I remember books, tv shows, and movies much better as the events create a narrative that makes sense, as opposed to the utter randomness of life.

I wonder if I have buried those memories in my brain, and there is some way to retrieve them.

I feel you are either an adult baby or you are not. It is possible to grow and change through your life or discover a new side to yourself. I believe it is always a good practice to try different things and see how you feel about them.

As far as the 'baby' part goes, there is no one true definition and you don't have to regress or be into every aspect of babyhood to be an adult baby. At least in my opinion it is just about taking on what you feel is a baby role and wearing, doing, or being treated in a way that helps you feel that way.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BenNevis
Speaking as an AB/little myself, it’s not something you can just turn on and decide to try. It’s something that’s deeply rooted within you that’s driving you to have a little side. If you do and you want to explore it, then great! If not, don’t feel you need to force it. It’s a very personal thing that’s either there or isn’t there and you’re okay as you are either way.

Reactions: littlestmay and PadPhilosopher
subanark said:
I wonder if it is better watching one in a language you don't know?

I don't feel like DL implies AB... I'm just looking for a way to improve my mental health

Yea... a pacifier seems to be one of the more active ways to go.

My parents claimed I sucked two fingers instead of a thumb... darn if I can remember it though

It wasn't until I was 35 did I get an autism diagnosis, as for stimming, I used to rub my hands together a lot, but that seems to have died down about when I hit 30.
I'm 45 and just got my official autism and ADHD diagnosises 2 weeks ago.

One thing that might help you in your journey to feeling more AB is to read AB stories. They have an impact on me.

dogboy said:
One thing that might help you in your journey to feeling more AB is to read AB stories. They have an impact on me.

Back