Should I be in diapers for the rest of my life?

As for me well wearing diapers is new to me. For I was diagnosed with two different types of incontinence, in which the doctors said I only had one choice. And that was the fact that diapers were going to be my new life. And from this past Friday I have been in diapers 24/7 and was told I will never be able yo not wear diapers for my condition will only get worse over time. I don’t know really what my wife thinks of it but I hope she is caring and understanding as she says she is. I have not asked her to change my wet diapers or diaper me yet. Going to let that take its time. As for what I read I feel a little bit better knowing at some point won’t think of diapers as a form of embarrassment and I hope to be so used to them that I won’t even know my butt is in diapers 24/7

• Sad
Reactions: Chinababy888, Diprs2 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Chinababy888 said:
As may of you already know from my previous replies I've had to wear diapers/nappies for a legitimate Medical reason or disability since 2010, when I became partially incontenent through no fault or desire of my own and now that I am getting near to my 40's I've been pondering this question for quite a while now.

Lately I noticed that ive been having more and more increased embarrasing accidents, not that I have a problem with the fact that I have to wear them from time to time as a form of protection.

It's just that I can't help but feel like I am less of a man and more like a baby or toddler everytime I wear them and this can at times be embarrasing, however without diapers I tend to feel more stressed out.

So it's catch 22 so to speak of, do I just go ahead and wear diapers/nappies like I used to all those years ago in other words for the rest of my life, or do I have any other choice in the matter.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888.
Speaking as a non incontinent person. But wearing incontinence aids does not make you less of a man. If people judge you or try to discriminate you for doing so that's there own fault. It's for medical reasons, anyone in the healthcare field would agree that your just as much of a man as you have always been.

Reactions: Diprs2
Hi @greycub1975 sorry to hear that you need constant protection now.
For what it is worth, your last sentence describes my life of the past five years since I gave up wearing underwear. I continue with a normal, active, life and for most of the time I forget what is covering me underneath, until I need them.
That's when I am thankful that no one knows and I have not suffered any public embarrassment.
All the best with managing your health.

Personally I would rather have to wear a nappy than, say, have a false leg or MS or countless other medical problems that people endure but that are more obvious, therefore more acceptable. If I have to have one ailment with a good solution then I am a happy nappy wearer. I try not to think of my wetness as a medical problem. I was an ABDL from a very young age having been a bedwetter until I was 12 and just less frequently from then. I gradually became incontinent, which was made permanent when I had a prostate operation. Now my ‘medical’ problem is just that I cannot get an erection! But for me life is wonderful and if I have to wear a nappy then so be it. I will add that I have enormous respect for those that suffer double incontinence, which I don’t. That must take even more planning etc that I do not have to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp and Happy2BeInNappies2
ltaluv said:
Even though I only need them when my interstitial cystitis is active, within a few days off starting to wear them I hardly notice or think about them unless my bladder starts spasming.
Hi Italuv, this is a short off topic, but i read this statement and got curious.
For some weeks (3) now the pain in my bladder has vanished, the neurogenic detrusor over activity is still there, but my bladder is able to fill up to 450ml, much more than before. Are there times where the IC is not active? Do you you what causes the flare ups?

And for Chinababy, i know the thoughts very well and sometimes it is difficult to feel like a man when crinkling into bed.
But aside from that, i do still do "typical man stuff" like martial arts, no problems with that, diapers does not mean an end to your hobbies.

Last edited:
Pino said:
Hi Italuv, this is a short off topic, but i read this statement and got curious.
For some weeks (3) now the pain in my bladder has vanished, the neurogenic detrusor over activity is still there, but my bladder is able to fill up to 450ml, much more than before. Are there times where the IC is not active? Do you you what causes the flare ups?
My interstitial cystitis was helped by my Interstim. I have flares every couple of months that usually last a week or two. I haven't found many correlations to foods, drinks, meds, or other things like stress that cause the flares, though. They just seem to happen when they happen. I avoid more than one cup of coffee most days, as well as acidic drinks like orange or cranberry juice. Those are the only things that I've definitely been able to identify as making my interstitial cystitis worse.

Most of the time lately, I haven't been having any interstitial cystitis symptoms, and my overactive bladder is well controlled with botox. When I do have a flare, it's relatively mild. I still wear a diaper if I know I won't be able to get to a restroom for a long time or when I'm having an interstitial cystitis flare, but that isn't happening often. Over the past two months, I think I've gone through perhaps half a dozen diapers, which is a nice change from having to wear them full time. So life is good!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, daylight, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I have been wearing diapers for nearly 10 years since I was a teenager Disorder due to bowel movements caused by nerve damage. My little nieces know I'm wearing diapers because of my illness, and I'm not ashamed or ashamed of it. I tried to live my daily life without diapers, but I accepted that I had frequent accidents, and now I have to live in diapers for the rest of my life. I think it would be better to change you mind and accept it as part of your body.

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2 and jaredc3
I have been wearing diapers 24/7 365 for over 20 years after a bad car crash I was inches away from being killed I would rather be wearing diapers and living as opposed to being killed you learn to live with it

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2 and jaredc3
Ebabyboy12 said:
Not if you can help it. Diapers are one thing when you get too choose when to wear and when not too. If your incotinence forces you into diapers 24/7 so be it. I would personally fight it every inch. I miss my underwear and freedom from a diaper and a diaper bag.
My underwear has gone by the wayside.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
sport1 said:
My underwear has gone by the wayside.
diapers are my every day underwear

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
ltaluv said:
My interstitial cystitis was helped by my Interstim. I have flares every couple of months that usually last a week or two. I haven't found many correlations to foods, drinks, meds, or other things like stress that cause the flares, though. They just seem to happen when they happen. I avoid more than one cup of coffee most days, as well as acidic drinks like orange or cranberry juice. Those are the only things that I've definitely been able to identify as making my interstitial cystitis worse.

Most of the time lately, I haven't been having any interstitial cystitis symptoms, and my overactive bladder is well controlled with botox. When I do have a flare, it's relatively mild. I still wear a diaper if I know I won't be able to get to a restroom for a long time or when I'm having an interstitial cystitis flare, but that isn't happening often. Over the past two months, I think I've gone through perhaps half a dozen diapers, which is a nice change from having to wear them full time. So life is good!
That's great news! I am jealous and happy for you!

SoCalIncon said:
Honestly i would try not to have such an all or nothing outlook about it. Yes, maybe you will be in diapers forever. Or maybe you won't. Maybe you will have good luch with botox or surgery or meds or some combo of those. Or maybe, like me you will find that the only thing that's ever helped is wearing diapers.

You need to take it one day at a time. Wear a diaper if you feel like you need one to prevent an accident and dont try to think about the rest of your life. I never thought 5 years ago when i put a diaper on for the first time to sleep that id end up wearing them all day every day but here i am....and honestly diapers are the only thing thats ever given me the slightest feeling of control over this. Nothing else has workes for me. I dont feel like less of a man. Of course it's embarrassing and we want to hide it but i live a very normal life despite having bulky underwear.

Slef consciousness over it goes away once you get used to wearing them and honestly no one even notices...or if they do, no ones ever said anything to me about it. Just live your life and try not to worry too much. Wearing a diaper is 1000 times better than wearing piss soaked pants in front of other people!
Well said... and just because you wear a diaper does not mean you need to use it all the time. I celebrate every day when I throw away an unused pull-up

Reactions: Diprs2 and Happy2BeInNappies2
I am used to being in diapers.
Underpants?
With cerebral palsy and autism I flunked potty training for good at age 29 decades ago.

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and Freddie07601
I also had some trouble with potty training but got dry at 13 up but when older the training failed due to autism +dd.

To be perfectly honest my body says yes, but my mind screams no as I am not totally ready to take that step yet, as I have too many commitments as of this time.

However as I get older and my disabilities get worse I think it's only a matter of until I am in them 24/7 like ai was as a child all those decades ago as in the 1980's for those not famille with the fact I am 43 as of the time of this post.

When I get to that point in my life I will of cause have no other choice but to go full circle back to being a baby/toddler at least in the way I am cared for and hopefully this will be by someone who can look after my needs be it a giver or even a relative of mine.

I hope this helps awnser your questions

Last edited:
Reactions: sport1
Chinababy888 said:
As may of you already know from my previous replies I've had to wear diapers/nappies for a legitimate Medical reason or disability since 2010, when I became partially incontenent through no fault or desire of my own and now that I am getting near to my 40's I've been pondering this question for quite a while now.

Lately I noticed that ive been having more and more increased embarrasing accidents, not that I have a problem with the fact that I have to wear them from time to time as a form of protection.

It's just that I can't help but feel like I am less of a man and more like a baby or toddler everytime I wear them and this can at times be embarrasing, however without diapers I tend to feel more stressed out.

So it's catch 22 so to speak of, do I just go ahead and wear diapers/nappies like I used to all those years ago in other words for the rest of my life, or do I have any other choice in the matter.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888.
Ask yourself if you want to be comfortable and confident that you won't embarrass yourself because you wear protection or if you want to deal with all the stress and anxiety you feel when you're not wearing a diaper. If you have to wear for life you might as well enjoy the benefits (both mental and physical) that wearing diapers will give you.

Back