Should I be in diapers for the rest of my life?

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
As may of you already know from my previous replies I've had to wear diapers/nappies for a legitimate Medical reason or disability since 2010, when I became partially incontenent through no fault or desire of my own and now that I am getting near to my 40's I've been pondering this question for quite a while now.

Lately I noticed that ive been having more and more increased embarrasing accidents, not that I have a problem with the fact that I have to wear them from time to time as a form of protection.

It's just that I can't help but feel like I am less of a man and more like a baby or toddler everytime I wear them and this can at times be embarrasing, however without diapers I tend to feel more stressed out.

So it's catch 22 so to speak of, do I just go ahead and wear diapers/nappies like I used to all those years ago in other words for the rest of my life, or do I have any other choice in the matter.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888.

Reactions: littledub1955, littledreamers333 and Diprs2
The incontinence can improve, but if it doesn't you don't have very many other choices.

Reactions: Diprs2
Not if you can help it. Diapers are one thing when you get too choose when to wear and when not too. If your incotinence forces you into diapers 24/7 so be it. I would personally fight it every inch. I miss my underwear and freedom from a diaper and a diaper bag.

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and Chinababy888
I have to admit I gave up the fight with my bladder and have been in nappies 24/7 for over 7 years now.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, jamie72 and 1 other person
I chose to wear diapers 24/7 to avoid getting wet spots in my pants and bed ... it's a lot better to have a diaper on to prevent embarrassing accidents.

As my condition is slowly getting worse with age, It's nice knowing I have protection.

Reactions: Diprs2, freedom69, diaperdude and 1 other person
Hi there thanks for your honourest awnser to my questions, whilst I don't want to sound like I am totally defeated I tried fighting it but in the end it only made things worse.

I have tried everything except surgery to find a solution to the problem but in the end gave up because this was wasting my time and effort and getting me more depressed about the whole thing.

I tried meds too, but they made me so allergic to the pills that I stopped taking them and when I tried taking to the doctor's they didn't really seem to be of much help as they didn't want to know.

Now 11 years later in 2020 I am once again asking for help and support because of the fact that I am worried about the potential of my life being ruined by the problems that I've got not just medically but psychologically too.

Any advice would be very grateful, thanks for your help.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888.

Diapers do not 'ruin' your life ... myself and many MANY others live perfectly functional lives wearing a diaper 24 / 7 . ( One of our incontinent ADISC members is an aircraft technician )

Give it time, and you will get so use to having a diaper on your butt at all times, you'll not even notice it !

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Incontinence is a medical issue that requires adjustment to your life. Incontinence is not what defines your life, it is however a part of your life. Sometimes (as in my case) I thought that I could beat it, and refused to accept the fact that diapers were a part of my life, and tried to go without them. During this time I was forced to stay home and near the toilet. I had to get up and run to the bathroom to void only a small amount and repeat this I could use the bathroom. Soon I felt more comfortable wearing my diaper knowing that she was aware of my need to wear them. After several weeks of exploring the issue with me I faced the issues of need, embarrassment and life style changes were discussed. Diapers and incontinence did not control my life, I am not a victim, I have an issue with incontinence which is a part of my life but not a controlling issue in my life. There are other medical issues that require medical assistance such as wearing glasses, diabetes, hearing loss, to more invasive issues such as colostomy and urostomy, and pacemakers. I see that although diapers can be inconvenient, and require alterations to life style I can live with it, I have control of my life. I have to plan my time away from home and consider what protective product I need such as commercially available underwear to diapers. I wear diapers 99 percent of the time and other products to allow me to wear whatever I want and go about my daily activities with confidence and comfort.

Reactions: neurallink, Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and 4 others
I have to agree with alwayzz. I have been incontinent since I was 13. It was dreadful as a teen to have to wear diapers. I never felt that I was babyish. I just hated the stigma as a teen. I actually didn’t accept it till I was 16. There was a time of adjustment where my parents had to find the right diaper and something that was comfortable. Also had to find something discreet. It is a medical problem and I think of it like if you break your leg. You have to wear a cast. Yeah it sucks but you have to do it and after a while you accept it. Although the cast will eventually come off and incontinence seem to be forever. But when I got to college I simply really did not think about it anymore. It was just underwear and that was it.

at this point in my life I don’t care. Let’s face it diapers are not just for babies. The sooner you try and accept it the easier it is.

Reactions: Diprs2, freedom69 and Chinababy888
Diapers do not end your social life, they help you to still have one. The do not mean giving up either, they mean accepting the help and support they provide in dealing with your incontinence. As for the diapers themselves, they are not illegal nor immoral. People of all ages use them too, so thinking they are just for babies is self-defeating and wrong.

Reactions: Diprs2, Teddy02 and alwayz
This is something we all have to take in our stride and I'm sure the ladies feel the same way. My worst time is first thing in the morning when i swing my legs out of bed and look down hoping against hope that I'll be dry, just for once. It hasn't happened in the best part of 36 years, but looking at a nappy or having to wear one does change your self-image as well as your ego and self-confidence. After 64 years of one form of bladder IC I'm still not fully accepting. But as I keep telling people if you have the flu or a bug you go to the Doctor's and get a shot or anti-biotics. It's just the medicine we need is nappies.

However if your IC is worsening for no apparent reason you should see your Doctor or Urologist. especially given your age.

Hi there again, I didn't mean that wearing them would ruin my life, as I am already used to them.

I meant the perception of a grown man wearing diapers in public I might feel very uncomfortable, I already have had to wear diapers virtually every night due to the risk of me wetting the bed.

It's just not everyone is so kind and understanding of the fact that I have to wear diapers/nappies, see my previous replies for more information they can be found at http://www.zity.biz

Chinababy888 said:
It's just that I can't help but feel like I am less of a man and more like a baby or toddler everytime I wear them and this can at times be embarrasing, however without diapers I tend to feel more stressed out.
The more you wear diapers, the less you'll notice them. Even though I only need them when my interstitial cystitis is active, within a few days off starting to wear them I hardly notice or think about them unless my bladder starts spasming. If I'm having bladder spasms, though, I'm sure glad I'm wearing a diaper.

I also avoid anything that's made to look intentionally juvenile - no cutesy prints of baby animals, no teddy bears, nothing. I wear either the white or blue Northshore MegaMax, which look like diapers but not like baby diapers.

Wear them for a while, and you won't even think about them.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, freedom69 and 1 other person
You do not go around with a sign saying “I wear diapers “ .
The general public doesn’t care as long as they don’t see it.

Reactions: Diprs2, freedom69, Teddy02 and 1 other person
Chinababy888 said:
Hi there again, I didn't mean that wearing them would ruin my life, as I am already used to them.

I meant the perception of a grown man wearing diapers in public I might feel very uncomfortable, I already have had to wear diapers virtually every night due to the risk of me wetting the bed.

It's just not everyone is so kind and understanding of the fact that I have to wear diapers/nappies, see my previous replies for more information they can be found at http://www.zity.biz
Well... first others in public will need to know you are wearing a diaper before their perception of you can be changed, if at all. As long as you don't make it painfully obvious then others around us really won't notice. It's amazing what seems obvious to us can go completely unnoticed by others.

As example. Have you ever heard of the selective attention test?

Reactions: Diprs2 and jaredc3
I have been in diapers for the last 33 years of my life.

KitsuneFox said:
You do not go around with a sign saying “I wear diapers “ .

Well, maybe YOU don't... 😁

KitsuneFox said:
The general public doesn’t care as long as they don’t see it.

Most people would never even suspect that another person is wearing a diaper. And even if they did suspect, very few people would ever say anything.

People are nice that way.

Honestly i would try not to have such an all or nothing outlook about it. Yes, maybe you will be in diapers forever. Or maybe you won't. Maybe you will have good luch with botox or surgery or meds or some combo of those. Or maybe, like me you will find that the only thing that's ever helped is wearing diapers.

You need to take it one day at a time. Wear a diaper if you feel like you need one to prevent an accident and dont try to think about the rest of your life. I never thought 5 years ago when i put a diaper on for the first time to sleep that id end up wearing them all day every day but here i am....and honestly diapers are the only thing thats ever given me the slightest feeling of control over this. Nothing else has workes for me. I dont feel like less of a man. Of course it's embarrassing and we want to hide it but i live a very normal life despite having bulky underwear.

Slef consciousness over it goes away once you get used to wearing them and honestly no one even notices...or if they do, no ones ever said anything to me about it. Just live your life and try not to worry too much. Wearing a diaper is 1000 times better than wearing piss soaked pants in front of other people!

Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, EcoIncon and 4 others
Absolutely true

Back