Scented vs. Unscented

To clarify for people who are confused about ‘scent strips’.
They’re basically strips of paper similar to perfume tester strips that you’d use to sample a fragrance on. When requested, they put the scent strips into the packet of nappies and seal the bag which scents them all.

I find that the longer you leave the scented bag sealed, the stronger they all become. I’ve currently got 4 packets of ABU Peekabu’s sat sealed and maturing like a fine cheese to make them smell as strong as possible🤣 It’s been 2 months with them sealed now!

I put the strips from opened packets in the bottom of my nappy drawer to keep the scent lasting like a wardrobe freshener.

Reactions: perlFerret
MattDLJ said:
To clarify for people who are confused about ‘scent strips’.
They’re basically strips of paper similar to perfume tester strips that you’d use to sample a fragrance on. When requested, they put the scent strips into the packet of nappies and seal the bag which scents them all.

I find that the longer you leave the scented bag sealed, the stronger they all become. I’ve currently got 4 packets of ABU Peekabu’s sat sealed and maturing like a fine cheese to make them smell as strong as possible🤣 It’s been 2 months with them sealed now!

I put the strips from opened packets in the bottom of my nappy drawer to keep the scent lasting like a wardrobe freshener.
Two months.....wow.... I can't go two minutes without ripping that package open to get the nappy on my bottom 😁😉

Reactions: littledreamers333
Guggy said:
Two months.....wow.... I can't go two minutes without ripping that package open to get the nappy on my bottom 😁😉
Haha i bought 2 cases so ive got plenty on tap that are opened 😂

MattDLJ said:
Haha i bought 2 cases so ive got plenty on tap that are opened 😂
Ahhh two case's, so that's an afternoon worth!!! Especially if you are on the pop😉🍺🍻

KrankyPants said:
I'm curious, are scent strips scented strips you place in your diaper or is it a term for diapers that have the strip in the diaper already?
There is simply a scent strip in the packaging. 😊

Reactions: KrankyPants
Mal8 said:
I love the scent of Pampers🥰But I may be a bit unusually sensitive to aroma as I also can’t resist the smell of fresh cut grass and gasoline/petrol. Not glue though! Horrible stuff. And I don’t go around breathing this stuff in as I know it’s bad for my health😂. Luckily, the Pampers scent is very safe🤪 I love roses that smell of Turkish Delight candy and also orange blossom - just amazing scents

Attends sposies from the P&G era had also that Baby Fresh scent.

I perfur non scented

SecretBabyBoy said:
There is simply a scent strip in the packaging. 😊
So, the scent strip transfers the scent to the diapers in the package?

Reactions: SecretBabyBoy
KrankyPants said:
Similar to an scented candle in a room or an incense burner. It's just a strip of paper with a scent (liquid with low boiling point, so it evaporates easily) applied to it, like dipping a strip of paper in (scentless) water and it gradually drying out...

KrankyPants said:
Also like someone smoking in the living room, the smoke ends up scenting everything. The couch, carpet and curtains never enjoyed the cigarette, but they do end up smelling like they did!

Cloth-backed Sani Sensitive briefs were scented.

KrankyPants said:
Exactly. 😊

PupSpaz said:
Also like someone smoking in the living room, the smoke ends up scenting everything. The couch, carpet and curtains never enjoyed the cigarette, but they do end up smelling like they did!
Okay. Now I see how it works. Thank you for explaining it to me. Does that make one diaper smell stronger of the scent than the other?

SecretBabyBoy said:
Does it make some diapers smell stronger than the others?

Reactions: SecretBabyBoy
KrankyPants said:
Okay. Now I see how it works. Thank you for explaining it to me. Does that make one diaper smell stronger of the scent than the other?
Dunno, that ultimately has to do with the fluid dynamics (gas behaving as a fluid!) of the product packaging and how well the scent gets around, lol.

Last edited:
I found that all of the diapers were evenly scented. Keep the strip in the packaging and closed. It will preserve the scent. 😊 pro tip: powder amplify a the scent! 😍

Reactions: KrankyPants, perlFerret and PupSpaz
Spaz likes it's analogies, they're silly fun...

How well will the scent travel around? Well, if you have a stack of 10 diapers and pee on the top, will the bottom one get wet?

(That's a rhetorical question! Too many variables remain undefined!)

I just get scented wipes and that's enough for me.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants and hanzertas
PupSpaz said:
Spaz likes it's analogies, they're silly fun...

How well will the scent travel around? Well, if you have a stack of 10 diapers and pee on the top, will the bottom one get wet?

(That's a rhetorical question! Too many variables remain undefined!)
Like the Princess and the Pee😂. I’ll be the princess😜

I like them but usually opt for the unscented since I don't wanna spend the extra money.

Back