Saw my tab open with adult baby cribs

PaddedCub

Toddler / Baby cub
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
A couple days ago my wife (sometimes my mommy) was putting a movie for us to watch on my iPad while I was finishing reading a book. I heard her say “cribs” and I was like “??” and she showed me the screen. It was a tab I had open at pictures of cribs for adult babies.

I got embarrassed and blushed a lot I think, she asked me “do you want one?”. I said “yes”.

AND THEN she said “I can build you one”

AAAAAAA

Guys she’s gonna build me a crib when we get out new house :,)

• Love
Reactions: NabePup, Deleted member 62493, LiddieBear and 11 others
PaddedCub said:
A couple days ago my wife (sometimes my mommy) was putting a movie for us to watch on my iPad while I was finishing reading a book. I heard her say “cribs” and I was like “??” and she showed me the screen. It was a tab I had open at pictures of cribs for adult babies.

I got embarrassed and blushed a lot I think, she asked me “do you want one?”. I said “yes”.

AAAAAAA

that must be exciting

Reactions: PaddedCub and BobbiSueEllen
You're a lucky one!

I was just talking to my normie buddy when he was down about building ABDL furniture. The only real problem we kind of agreed on is, neither of us fully understand the mentality of a potential buyer. I only sort of get it. Otherwise, we were kind of brainstorming how to really differentiate from plain boring stuff made out of construction lumber around these days. I'd use the finest lumber and more old fashioned methods to make something more artistically unique than any robots could ever build.

I'd love to do it one day anyway, but I don't have all the tools yet and I'd have to build out a shop in the barn to actually do the work in. AKA, maybe bug me in 5 years :p

Reactions: denimchicken, PaddedCub, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
PaddedCub said:

AAAAAAA

that's something to look forward to, i have a removable bared toddler side fall protector on my bed , it is removable so can be hidden, i use to make adbl furniture but cant have a cot because i still live with my folks it would only cost me about £120 in metatrails to make one :(

Bearcatz said:
I was just talking to my normie buddy when he was down about building ABDL furniture. The only real problem we kind of agreed on is, neither of us fully understand the mentality of a potential buyer. I only sort of get it. Otherwise, we were kind of brainstorming how to really differentiate from plain boring stuff made out of construction lumber around these days. I'd use the finest lumber and more old fashioned methods to make something more artistically unique than any robots could ever build.

I'd love to do it one day anyway, but I don't have all the tools yet and I'd have to build out a shop in the barn to actually do the work in. AKA, maybe bug me in 5 years :p
a lot of the people i use to make cots for use to want it as authentic as possible the style varied slightly as they wanted what was about when they were younger, the biggest change was hoe they wanted access to the cot as if you scale up a cot the mattress is very high and if you have a drop/sliding side you end up needing a step ladder to get in, a removable side was the most popular , also popular was a locking "lid"

Reactions: denimchicken, PaddedCub and BobbiSueEllen
Bearcatz said:

Did you see the short documentary on Youtube about two guys that make ABDL furniture? They talk a little bit about the types of buyers.

Reactions: denimchicken, Prillprillprill and BobbiSueEllen
googlyeyes467 said:
Did you see the short documentary on Youtube about two guys that make ABDL furniture? They talk a little bit about the types of buyers.
I did, but all I vaguely recall is their stuff looked overpriced made of junk wood with no fancy routed styling or anything. Maybe it was better than I'm thinking, but I'm fairly confident I could do better. Actually, my dad has all the tools I'd need, but a lathe, which I'd want for making the legs and such.

If I have the opportunity to get the tools, I'd dip my baby toe in to see how many would be interested before doing too much. The price tag would be extremely high because I'd use only the best materials, but it'd be the only one you'd ever have to buy in your life.

Reactions: googlyeyes467 and BobbiSueEllen
Cribs are pretty simple, really. It's the tools that get to ya. I got to Boise, looked up Craigslist, found a drill press for $75, a router table for $40. I already had a cordless drill/saw kit plus a handheld router. After that...it's all design, planning, materials, work, revisions on-the-fly...more work. It all comes together. Still lovin' my crib; in fact, I'm writing this from inside my crib!

20231212_094014.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Glaceon, denimchicken, LiddieBear and 3 others
Bearcatz said:
I did, but all I vaguely recall is their stuff looked overpriced made of junk wood with no fancy routed styling or anything. Maybe it was better than I'm thinking, but I'm fairly confident I could do better. Actually, my dad has all the tools I'd need, but a lathe, which I'd want for making the legs and such.

If I have the opportunity to get the tools, I'd dip my baby toe in to see how many would be interested before doing too much. The price tag would be extremely high because I'd use only the best materials, but it'd be the only one you'd ever have to buy in your life.
Wow, interesting. Yea I'm not knowledgeable in woodwork so I wouldn't know. I hope you create beautiful works of art for the community.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
googlyeyes467 said:
I hope you create beautiful works of art for the community.
Maybe one day :p

I'd need to build the shop and transport all the tools here whenever my dad throws in the towel on woodworking. So probably several years down the road.

My crib is basic; it uses common SPF lumber (which I had to hand-inspect and hand-select, which rules out Home Depot and thus Lowe's got my bid), common hardware and common paint. Despite all that, all materials were still $200 for the crib; plus my platform, already built beforehand and an integral part of the crib, costs another $75 in materials (full-size mattress size, real plywood). So round it up to $300. Without labor...

The conundrum here is that there's no line of people waiting to buy cribs...and people want things inexpensively, which I understand because nobody's made of money. Plus different people love different styles, different qualities. It's hard to offer a wide variety of options and still keep prices low in a niche market like ours. If I could put a dollar value on my basic crib, it'd have to be $600 or more...this includes materials, hourly labor, tool maintenance, electricity. There's no shop overhead here, no shipping (customer-fetch), I'd pre-assemble to check final quality and make final assembly easier...then disassemble & package (packaging = $$$). That's the reality of it all.

That's why I won't be part of a conventional cottage industry...nobody will pay $600 for my crib, knowing what went into it. I just cant maintain an inventory of materials to get in bulk at cheaper prices and for dubious future projects. If I built any basic cribs, I'd travel to do it, with my tools. Like a nomadic artíste. I'd get materials at the customer's locale, build there. I'd end up doing the labor free since round-trip fuel is $$$.

This truly is a labor of love.

Reactions: Glaceon, denimchicken, Hockeyczar and 1 other person
One of the things I want the most is a huge crib I can feel safe and happy in...

• Love
Reactions: PaddedCub, denimchicken and BobbiSueEllen
I don't know if I would like a crib. I haven't even considered it an option.
I would probably enjoy it if it made me feel small though. Maybe I can try one out at a con.

The best Maker in my opinion is thrashbear very good workmanship.
Made to last a lifetime or many more. Just one of his cribs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212-231851~3.png
    Screenshot_20231212-231851~3.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedCub, LiddieBear and BobbiSueEllen
CutestPaddedFemboy said:
that must be exciting
It is! She’s so good at making things it’s fun to watch her

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and CutestPaddedFemboy
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and CutestPaddedFemboy
BobbiSueEllen said:
Cribs are pretty simple, really. It's the tools that get to ya. I got to Boise, looked up Craigslist, found a drill press for $75, a router table for $40. I already had a cordless drill/saw kit plus a handheld router. After that...it's all design, planning, materials, work, revisions on-the-fly...more work. It all comes together. Still lovin' my crib; in fact, I'm writing this from inside my crib!

It looks good! Luckily we have tools at our disposal!

foxkits said:
The best Maker in my opinion is thrashbear very good workmanship.
Made to last a lifetime or many more. Just one of his cribs
I have seen Thrashbear’s work before! They look amazing!

PaddedCub said:
I have seen Thrashbear’s work before! They look amazing!
Yes the are met him at anthrocon 2012 neet person

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and PaddedCub
Back