KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Rearz Overnight Tykables Wadle Cut .JPG
In today's global economy, it is very common to find several brands having their products manufactured by the same facilities in China or other countries. This practice is referred to as " Privet Label " or " Privet Brand " production.
According to public US Customs records, both Tykables and Rearz has diapers manufactured at Weifang Mimosa Personalcare Technology in Weifang China.

Last night I was changing out of my Rearz Princess Pink Overnight ( XL ) into my nighttime diaper, a Tykables Unicorns ( L ), when I noticed that the shell of both diapers looked exactly the same. Today I have been directly comparing the 2 diapers.

When laid flat, the diecuts for both shells seem to exactly match. The stitching and inner-guards also seem to match. I am unable to tell the difference with the absorbent cores or fabric at all.
The *only* difference I was able to see, was the elastic banding on the top front and top back was far more stretchy on the Rearz diaper.
Rearz Overnight Tykables Wadle Cut 2.JPG
Rearz Overnight Tykables Wadle Cut 5.JPG
Rearz Overnight Tykables Wadle Cut 6.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Jim100, TigerDL, WillFord384 and 3 others
That is very interesting! The elastic banding on the diapers appears to just be a process of pressing tight ridges into the plastic shell. The difference you are seeing is likely just a machine setting adjustment. It is funny that Rearz and Tykables act like their diaper designs are so unique, like they put tons of effort into R&D. Obviously this is not the case. They appear to just be selecting existing diaper platforms that the manufacturer already has available or possibly requesting minor tweaks.

I am curious if Northshore Supreme and Supreme Lites are made in the same plant as Abena. I wore a Supreme Lite for the first time today, and the plastic, tapes and padding shape seemed just like an Abena product. I know both are made in the EU.

Reactions: KitsuneFox
it makes sense the factories would try to limit the time it takes to switch between different diaper brands, if simply changing the print and maybe tapes it would make changing production runs quick and easy.

Reactions: Jim100
I think at this point nearly every premium diaper only differs in print from another company. A big difference between the New Rearz Princess and Tykables is also the hook and loop tapes (which I assume to be a simple change on a machine?).

I wish more ABDL companies would talk about how this process works, it's interesting to the adult Software Engineer side of me. I'd love to see a How It's Made style video from design of the diaper to the test prints to full production. I'd love to see/know how you give specifics to a manufacturer, do you say "Hey, I want a diaper that holds xxxxmL" and they give you a price? Do you have to specify ratio of padding to SAP? So many questions!

Reactions: Jim100, jcwilliams343, ThickandComfy and 2 others
DangerKitsune said:
I think at this point nearly every premium diaper only differs in print from another company. A big difference between the New Rearz Princess and Tykables is also the hook and loop tapes (which I assume to be a simple change on a machine?).

I wish more ABDL companies would talk about how this process works, it's interesting to the adult Software Engineer side of me. I'd love to see a How It's Made style video from design of the diaper to the test prints to full production. I'd love to see/know how you give specifics to a manufacturer, do you say "Hey, I want a diaper that holds xxxxmL" and they give you a price? Do you have to specify ratio of padding to SAP? So many questions!
We need this!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Confirmed they must use the same assembly lines. Today when I pulled out a Rearz Dinosaur there was a Tykables little builders front panel stuck between the shell of the diaper and plastic top panel. Based on other comments it seems the little builder may use the same eurosoft plastic that the dinosaur uses.

• Haha
Reactions: Littlerobbydubbs, blaincorrous, mihannes and 2 others
@wildcat do you happen to have a picture of that incident by chance?

Back