Sagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
NabePup said:
Do you mean the entire diaper starts to lower towards your knees/feet? Or that the actual padding inside the diaper starts to "clump" near the bottom part of the diaper in between your legs?

If it's the whole diaper sagging/lower, I think after prolonged wearing and if it's wet enough this is pretty normal and unavoidable, but only to a slight extent, not to the point it actually starts getting so low it starts sliding down your thighs. Wearing a onesie, undies/briefs, or boxers can help reduce it. Also, as others have pointed out, making sure you're getting the right size and it's taped correctly could be a factor too.

If it's the padding clumping, then usually that just depends on the type of diaper and how its designed. Some clump more than others while others are better at not clumping.
I used to have the same problem so I found the solution to it by switching to cloth. Cloth diapers won't wick the moisture away like disposables do but I love that wet soggy feeling so I will continue to wear cloth diapers.

remember, the top tapes hold your diaper up around your belt line. aim for that point, pull up the front wing before taping if needed, or wear a smaller size.

Reactions: SimCo
Nate92 said:
HI all, Does anyone know why my padding sinks down between my legs after a wet a few times. I thought all the padding would have stayed in the same place. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?
For me, the sagging is possibly my favorite part of the diapered experience. Something about a diaper sagging down at the bottom makes me helpless and vulnerable, which is exactly the kind of headspace I want to be in when I am little.

I only wear premium plastic-backed diapers with baby prints all over because they are elite performing diapers, and wearing them gives my little self a sense of babyish satisfaction. My new absolute favorite diaper is the Rearz Dinosaur Elite, and probably my favorite thing about this diaper is that the tapes are rock-solid enough to hold A LOT of weight, which lets me enjoy feeling the supreme bulk between my legs as I wet more and more without worrying about the diaper totally falling off.

One thing I have notice about the Dinosaurs is that they do clump up a lot as they get more than half way full, and at least in theory, that should lower their overall absorbency by preventing the pee from diffusing evenly throughout the diaper. That said, I’ve never successfully gotten these diapers to have a full on leak, and believe me when I say I give them some serious punishment over the course of a day, including multiple moderate floodings.

One thing I do that does extend their usefulness is to wet from multiple different positions and at different angles to spread the urine around different parts of the diaper, I never wet laying flat on my back (because then they will leak through the front of the wings for some reason) and never wet lying flat on my tummy (because then they will leak through the top).

Basically i change the these diapers whenever I begin to feel some wetness outside the leg guards, which is usually after 8-10 hours of heavy wetting. That’s pretty incredible when compared to the numerous other overnight diapers I’ve had completely fail and leak everywhere after only a few wettings. I weighed the one I wore all day yesterday and it was 21 pounds, and tapes were still as strong as an oak when I finally took it off. The bulging and sagging were glorious.

Reactions: HomeAlone and DiaperDiva
SimCo said:
For me, the sagging is possibly my favorite part of the diapered experience. Something about a diaper sagging down at the bottom makes me helpless and vulnerable, which is exactly the kind of headspace I want to be in when I am little.

I only wear premium plastic-backed diapers with baby prints all over because they are elite performing diapers, and wearing them gives my little self a sense of babyish satisfaction. My new absolute favorite diaper is the Rearz Dinosaur Elite, and probably my favorite thing about this diaper is that the tapes are rock-solid enough to hold A LOT of weight, which lets me enjoy feeling the supreme bulk between my legs as I wet more and more without worrying about the diaper totally falling off.

One thing I have notice about the Dinosaurs is that they do clump up a lot as they get more than half way full, and at least in theory, that should lower their overall absorbency by preventing the pee from diffusing evenly throughout the diaper. That said, I’ve never successfully gotten these diapers to have a full on leak, and believe me when I say I give them some serious punishment over the course of a day, including multiple moderate floodings.

One thing I do that does extend their usefulness is to wet from multiple different positions and at different angles to spread the urine around different parts of the diaper, I never wet laying flat on my back (because then they will leak through the front of the wings for some reason) and never wet lying flat on my tummy (because then they will leak through the top).

Basically i change the these diapers whenever I begin to feel some wetness outside the leg guards, which is usually after 8-10 hours of heavy wetting. That’s pretty incredible when compared to the numerous other overnight diapers I’ve had completely fail and leak everywhere after only a few wettings. I weighed the one I wore all day yesterday and it was 21 pounds, and tapes were still as strong as an oak when I finally took it off. The bulging and sagging were glorious.
On further thought, I’m definitely posting a whole new thread to extol all the ways this diaper beats every other diaper I’ve ever tried. Sorry if I went off topic a little bit, I just get really fired up about how much these diapers can sag and just keep in trucking.

Lyric said:
Tighter fit, smaller diaper, use plastic pants to help keep the diaper up, wear a onesie, that will help a lot.
Any recommendations for plastic pants

Reactions: SimCo
Ilovewetdiapers4200 said:
Any recommendations for plastic pants
I like the flanel-lined PUL pants by GaryWear. They can be a little hot to wear in the summer, but you can't beat them for comfort or controlling leaks.

• Love
Reactions: Ilovewetdiapers4200
SimCo said:
I like the flanel-lined PUL pants by GaryWear. They can be a little hot to wear in the summer, but you can't beat them for comfort or controlling leaks.
Just ordered a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back