Sagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate92

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
HI all, Does anyone know why my padding sinks down between my legs after a wet a few times. I thought all the padding would have stayed in the same place. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?

Reactions: SimCo and KrankyPants
Tighter fit, smaller diaper, use plastic pants to help keep the diaper up, wear a onesie, that will help a lot.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Kittyinpink
Nate92 said:
HI all, Does anyone know why my padding sinks down between my legs after a wet a few times. I thought all the padding would have stayed in the same place. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?
It's probably a fit problem. Be careful about your waist size / padding size and also take your time fitting your padding make sure you're snug but not tight across the thigh and your waist band is not loose but not to tight! Takes practice.

Reactions: littledub1955
Or it could just be gravity.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, sissybaby34 and Kittyinpink
I save the tops from tights and panty hose. Great for holding up a wet diaper.

Reactions: littledub1955
Do you mean the entire diaper starts to lower towards your knees/feet? Or that the actual padding inside the diaper starts to "clump" near the bottom part of the diaper in between your legs?

If it's the whole diaper sagging/lower, I think after prolonged wearing and if it's wet enough this is pretty normal and unavoidable, but only to a slight extent, not to the point it actually starts getting so low it starts sliding down your thighs. Wearing a onesie, undies/briefs, or boxers can help reduce it. Also, as others have pointed out, making sure you're getting the right size and it's taped correctly could be a factor too.

If it's the padding clumping, then usually that just depends on the type of diaper and how its designed. Some clump more than others while others are better at not clumping.

Reactions: littledub1955, babyhuey54, depends4me and 1 other person
When you say sag, do you mean the material in the diaper or the whole diaper sags?
Nate92 said:

Reactions: Nate92
In a Scottish accent, "ye canny do it, ye canny change the laws of physics!!"

KrankyPants said:
When you say sag, do you mean the material in the diaper or the whole diaper sags?
The material

Reactions: KrankyPants
NabePup said:
Do you mean the entire diaper starts to lower towards your knees/feet? Or that the actual padding inside the diaper starts to "clump" near the bottom part of the diaper in between your legs?

If it's the whole diaper sagging/lower, I think after prolonged wearing and if it's wet enough this is pretty normal and unavoidable, but only to a slight extent, not to the point it actually starts getting so low it starts sliding down your thighs. Wearing a onesie, undies/briefs, or boxers can help reduce it. Also, as others have pointed out, making sure you're getting the right size and it's taped correctly could be a factor too.

If it's the padding clumping, then usually that just depends on the type of diaper and how its designed. Some clump more than others while others are better at not clumping.
yeah clumping

It's not just you everybody who wears a disposable diaper has that same problem. It gets heaver and heaver with every squirt you put in it. I don't think you can do anything to stop that

What sorta diapers have you tried so far?

NabePup said:
What sorta diapers have you tried so far?
Little Pawz, and Rearz Safari, Ive had problems with the Rearz tapes as well.

Nate92 said:
The material
That's definitely clumping. 😕 One thing I do to reduce the tendency of my diaper to clump and drop down to the bottom and sag is tape them so they are more against my skin. Sometimes what that means is I have to to bring the front up higher than the back before taping it closed. Although doing that usually equates to less of the upper front most receiving less use, it also prevents the clumping and sagging so I don't experience that on days when I am walking a lot or more active. Of course trying other brands and a smaller size may have the same benefit of taping higher up, but if you like the diaper you are wearing try pulling the front of your diaper higher than the rear and tape in the same area you would as if your usual landing zone is where the front of the diaper is at the new position where the front is higher than the back and see if it improves your experience.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: SimCo, NabePup and Nate92
babyhuey54 said:
Or it could just be gravity.
Do a headstand! That’ll get it back where it belongs 👌

• Wow
Reactions: megaaaan and Lily
A onsie or bodysuit is perfect for holding up diapers makes them feel snug too

it will always expand and get thicker but if you put it on just a bit tighter it shouldnt hang as much. strange, i actually happen to really like feeling my diaper expand between my legs :)

• Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
I wear two pairs of underwear, a stretchy and tighter pair first, then cover that with a looser pair. I normally wear shorts, and the fabric is noisy, so I hide it pretty well that way. It does a good job of keeping everything together.

around the house I wear high waisted yoga pants my wife got me.... When I going out a snap crotch onesie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back