Recommendations for active sleepers?

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello all! For those like me who are active sleepers (toss and turn a lot, move a lot in bed, get up often overnight, etc) what diapers keep you covered? Until recently I've liked the BetterDry and it's worked for my heavy needs, but seems to lose any side-protection when a bit wet. The bigger problem is how much the front swells compared to the rest. I wet in all positions overnight it seems, so when only the front is saturated dramatically and the back is mostly dry, it's disappointing. Worse yet, when the ballooning size of the front interferes with my man parts and causes pressure build-up. Absolutely horrible.
Wondering what the rest of y'all use that is more even, can handle wetting in different situations/positions and not break down with activity (mostly when asleep in bed, but when up/active during the day in general too)!

Reactions: LaLoneDigi, Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Canadianfalls said:
Hello all! For those like me who are active sleepers (toss and turn a lot, move a lot in bed, get up often overnight, etc) what diapers keep you covered? Until recently I've liked the BetterDry and it's worked for my heavy needs, but seems to lose any side-protection when a bit wet. The bigger problem is how much the front swells compared to the rest. I wet in all positions overnight it seems, so when only the front is saturated dramatically and the back is mostly dry, it's disappointing. Worse yet, when the ballooning size of the front interferes with my man parts and causes pressure build-up. Absolutely horrible.
Wondering what the rest of y'all use that is more even, can handle wetting in different situations/positions and not break down with activity (mostly when asleep in bed, but when up/active during the day in general too)!
I am an active sleeper too, I wear Bambino Bellisimo v2 and they seem to work well.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Canadianfalls
I've read about those Protec briefs but for $80-some odd dollars and not being sure of what size I'd need/no way to tell/not being able to send an open package back is preventing me from trying them.

Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
loadedpamperman said:
I've read about those Protec briefs but for $80-some odd dollars and not being sure of what size I'd need/no way to tell/not being able to send an open package back is preventing me from trying them.
Same here! They're also not discreet at all, seem like a lot of cleanup (albeit less than a leak).

Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Just add boosters and they will be wet in the back too!

• Haha
Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I agree boosters help with wicking. As a side/stomach sleeper, I find the Megamax works well and Rearz wick way better.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
CrinklingCajun said:
Just add boosters and they will be wet in the back too!
Yes, but unfortunately doesn't fix the problem of over-swelling in the front restricting flow for men.

Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I am an active sleeper and use Molicare maxi plastic backed one size bigger than would usually fit to maximise padding on my sides. Haven’t had issues with excessive front swelling or restriction.

Honestly for a side sleeper like myself i for cloth diapers are the best.

loadedpamperman said:
I bought these recently and had the same concern. The owner responded to my return question just a few weeks ago and said 100% guarantee, they send return label and ship a different size if they don’t fit.
I found mine to be true to size so if you use right measurements, shouldn’t have a problem.

And, I did not like betterdry for the same reason. I found megamax to work much better and for less $, InControl made by Rearz work just as good or better.

Started with cloth diapers long ago and still use them for daytime use. Currently I am using NS MEGAMAX diaper for night time and both day and night NS Trifecta plastic pants. The reason I use MEGAMAX at night is that they wick the wetness away from the source. Cloth diapers are great as they move the liquid to all section of the diaper. For me its strictly a comfort thing.

The heavy loading of the front of your diaper sounds like you are sleeping on your belly more than other locations as normal shifting should have the liquid shifting based on the new location. It is also possible that you are not folding the diaper in half (the longways) which helps in reducing the normal 'bend' that occurs as a result of packaging.

In all cases, wearing plastic pants just helps to limit leaking.

Reactions: Diprs2
Canadianfalls said:
I can say that I am fairly active during the night and I usually wear a Rearz Inspire-incontrol with a Northshore booster then a Rearz prefold cloth diaper and then a Northshore diaper cover. I am always well saturated in the morning and the inspire is soaked pretty well into at least a part of the rear padding. The cloth soaks up that which escapes due to side sleeping and peeing or the front being overly saturated. I haven't found that the diaper breaks down as a result of saturation and movement during the night. Generally don't have any leaks, but just a little here and there. The bed is protected though.

Reactions: Edgewater and Canadianfalls
Canadianfalls said:
Hi, I usually solve the leakage problem by applying clear packing tape snuggly around my diaper waist and between the tabs.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls and Edgewater
I apply the tape over the diaper on what would be considered the elastic waistband, makes a nice, tight seal, even when sleeping.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Canadianfalls
I haven’t had leakage but front swelling is a problem wit my Bambino diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Jorelaxed said:
I apply the tape over the diaper on what would be considered the elastic waistband, makes a nice, tight seal, even when sleeping.
I am guess that you folks are cutting the diaper off with medical blunt nose sciroccos ?

richieboy said:
I haven’t had leakage but front swelling is a problem wit my Bambino diapers.
I had a similar problem with the Bambinos, would absorb in front but not wick.

Reactions: Diprs2 and richieboy
Back