Reasons why everyone should ride a motorcycle likes and dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragon123 said:
Definitely cheaper by alot also every bike needs a name what do you think about ninja on two wheels for a new YouTube and name the bike after power rangers ninja storm so I might just call in ninja storm being that it's a Kawasaki ninja and one of my favorite shows also my avatar picture was actually taken at championship martial arts karate school here in Hanover Pennsylvania I was trying to do the baker x Derek thing where you make the OK hand signal and pretend to rev the engine of whatever bike you are riding I came across it in a YouTube video
Awww a friend of mine trying to get a bike he took MOST course last spring.
There are some great deal's in Pittsburgh pa.
He not into pampers.
But it's his dream to ride.
Yes it's your bike any name you like is fine just stay away from BMW's over engineered look up a guy NT8 on youtube poor guy got took on a brand new one paid cash up front.
Kawasaki's seem to hold up nice the best thing is to do is research the model your getting go to ninja fourm's
Read up on them so you know what your looking for.

Con - I'm literally being billed for over 200k in medical for my accident in April, an accident that I had no way to avoid. I've not given up riding, but make sure you have every insurance option stacked in your favor.

30 years of riding, everything from Honda's to Yamaha's, no Harley's too expensive, loud and shake/vibrate too much. Must have at least 250,000 miles in all my years, missed it last year due to physical issues, and electrical woes. :)

I have found someone trying to sell their ninja 250 and only asking $ 500.00 so I am try to see if they will accept monthly payments of $ 100.00 until paid off I decided that I was going to ride my bicycle to Walmart and there was a lady on her phone and she almost crashed into the back of me on my way there so I pull off to the side of the road in front of her I told her that she could have easily killed somebody by just being on the phone so she apologized for being on the phone and say that she was on the phone with police because her house got robbed so I said that if that phone call is that important and you are driving pull off to the side of the road to answer the phone she apologizes again this time she said that she's not the kind of person who talks on the phone and drive thank God that nobody as injured in this incident because it could have easily been a disaster some drivers just don't know how much they put riders lifes at risk because of being on the phone etc. It just urrgh!! so upset about this in my book sorry is not good enough when you are on two wheels agast a cager someone in a car people just have no respect for anybody on the road why should bicyclists and motorcyclists have to break our necks for them when they don't even consider watching to us and some actually do watch but for those who want to say on I didn't see you means that they are not even trying to look for riders on the road but what can you do:wallbash:

That's why a brake light modulater is a good thing they flash your brake light when you apply them.
Get's the driver attention's better then the brake light they over look when it just stays on not flashing.

I am definitely ordering one as soon I can from amazon

i miss having a bike, had a new 250cc scooter. like 2 months after paying it off i hit a deer doing like 45. i had proper gear.. except pant.. got a nice scar on my rump. Used the insurance money to get a honda shadow 650. But i lost my nerve after the deer and sold it.

dragon123 said:
I am definitely ordering one as soon I can from amazon
Ebay is cheeper save you some money.

- - - Updated - - -

Twiz said:
i miss having a bike, had a new 250cc scooter. like 2 months after paying it off i hit a deer doing like 45. i had proper gear.. except pant.. got a nice scar on my rump. Used the insurance money to get a honda shadow 650. But i lost my nerve after the deer and sold it.
There have been deer so close I could put my hand on them been lucky .
The worst thing was I was chasing a skunk down the road twice thankfully I missed them both times and did not get sprayed my GF would never let me in the house plus my clothes would be done for.
Talk about stinky butt lol.
Sorry you gave it up ran atv crashed a lot never quit .
Mabey some day you mite feel ok with riding.
Good luck.

foxkits said:
Sorry to ask but what is ATGATT mean I went to my picture book it's not in there.
For some you can ride all year around .

ATGATT = All The Gear All The Time. I ride in Florida and lot's of people ride here without helmets (or much else).

- - - Updated - - -

dragon123 said:
Congratulations on passing the course even if it was last year I passed the course on july-26-2015 but can't help wondering what bike do you have?

I have a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650. It's a lightweight adventure/touring bike. Same engine as the Ninja 650. Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I need insurance. Anybody have any recommendations?

Shop around stay away from Progressive every year they jackup my rate's no tickets first year cheap then up to $430.00 when GEICO was $125.00 a year.
In my opinion.

I need insurance as well but I'm just going to go with GEICO

Ok, I'm less snarky tonight, so for real AGATT. I don't like wearing gloves in the summer anymore than the next guy, but protect all of your body when you ride. Now, make SURE you have under-insured/uninsured coverage added on, and add alot of it. It's true that the people that cause car accidents are usually uninsured or under insured, so make sure you protect yourself. Also, check if can add "med pay" to your motorcycle policy, if you can, do it. If you have health insurance, make sure they cover accidents when all other insurance is used up. Finally a high-vis vest is something I just started wearing, so take every step to make someone see you.

Anyway motorcycles are fun.

What kind of gloves do you use ? I use pro biker motorcycle gloves they allow for air circulation throughout the glove and has knuckle and finger protectors on them but in colder weather I would recommend leather

make sure you get free towing/ road side with you insurance.. flat tires happen

I use Alpinestar leather gloves all year around. Technically they're "winter" gloves but it's not that bad using them during warmer days. When I was shopping for gloves at first I thought I was going to be opposed to the gloves that cover more skin (since I'd assume it'd be that much more apparent I was wearing them), but I actually found that NICER gloves that covered more hand/wrist/forearm actually held it in place better so it was more comfortable to wear (not to mention the extra protection).

I use Five gloves Got them at a dealer and they offer great protection and fit well. The only protective gear I don't have at the moment are pants. I have a Shoei helmet, Cortech jacket and Forma boots. Thanks for the advice on insurance. We have progressive on our vehicles, but I doubt I'll go with them for bike insurance.

I am going to get a go pro and a mounting kit because it would allow me to start moto copying but mostly for safety reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back