Reasons for disposables choice

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
After reading a comment in another thread it occurred to me that I don’t have too many AB disposables that I don’t like the look of and the appearance is not my first consideration when I order a new pack.
So then I thought what are my main motivations when ordering if it’s not the look?

So my list in order is

1) Capacity
2) Availability
3) Fit/Comfort
4) The look
5) Reviews
6) Price
7) Speed of delivery

I will add that I’d never order cloth backed disposables, they must be fully plastic backed.

In what order would you list the above reasons and do you have any other considerations?

I have mine suppled by the UK Health service, but I usually have to top up my order privately. Mine would be fit and capacity. I wear plain coloured onesie with mine (They look just like a regular T shirt) to help hold them in place as I am a heavy wetter and starting to have bowel problems again. So if the fit is wrong whatever brand it is, or what it costs I won't wear it as I won't feel confident to go out and do the things I need to do. Looks aren't at all important, i generally go for medical grade disposable eithe cloth or plastic backed (even the cloth backed have a plastic liner in them). The only people that are going to see them are my partner/mummy, nurses and doctors and it is clearly stated in my med notes that I'm incontinent.

Im a 1,3,6 Fit, capacity and cost.
I find diaper fitting to be one of the most important to, if the fit is poor whether to loose, or to tight the diaper will fail before capacity becomes an issue.
I say it like that because I find quite a difference from when I diaper myself vs when my wife diapers me, when I diaper myself my diaper almost always lands below my belly button, taped pretty snug with the back sheet creating a pocket, the capacity remains excellent, but if I'm wearing for a long period, I'm more then likely going to have to re-adjust the diaper after a few wettings or being very active.
When my wife diapers me, it always comes out perfect, I can not copy her style but the front lands right on my belly button, the back sheet slightly higher on my small of my back, the diaper will go and go and never need re-adjustment, even after multiple wettings or doing something that is considered very active, its weird lol.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
  1. Convenience (for me this means velcro tapes)
  2. Material (I like plastic)
  3. Capacity
  4. Look

1) Fit/Comfort- If it's not comfortable, gets clumpy or clammy when wet, or starts sagging/falling down, then It's going away.
2) Capacity- I prefer more capacity over changing. I prefer swelling/bulkiness!😍
3)The look- I like a clean, neat, tidy fit. I can't stand diapers that look like a sloppy frumpy garbage bag.🙁 I'm very picky in the same way about my underwear too.
4) Price- I like to get the best mix of value for money- multiple factors weighed against price per.

Last edited:
Absorbency definitely is the leading factor followed by convenience then discreetness. These are so far ahead of everything else for me. Disposables are also just more reminiscent of my childhood.

For me:
1) Availability - If they are not in stock, and will get something else.

2) Price - I don't want to pay more than $35/pack. Occasionally I will splurge and get a case.

3) Comfort - Has to be plastic backed and thin. I don't like thin nappies. It must be comfortable when wet, I have had uncomfortable ones that feel like a wooden board or padding clumps and falls apart.

4) Capacity - must hold alot of wettings (three minimum).

5) The look - I usually go for less AB style or just white.

6) Reviews - I like to make my own choice but if it gets a bad review about quality I may skip them.

7) Speed of delivery - Postage speed is terrible here in Australia. Two weeks is the limit.

I tried AIO cloth but don't like washing.

Back