Rearz/InContorl white diaper comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox20

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello, This is my first post here, I have decided to be more active in the community this year because life and I want to see what I can offer here.

A few months back I was looking at the Rearz site and noticed that they had quite a few diapers that I thought were very similar. White, high absorbency, 4 tapes, and that got me wondering what the differences are between all of them. So I set out on an adventure to find out and hopefully answer some questions in the process.

Here is my order,
Otro93dqLd5il7nklyFF2xfOfjSqzA75jbbguhDSvJsOkVHuJRa9X7zxeouhO3XvUdl7q5sns5M91uCCdMHsx9a1l8bXCtVw4ofNfqKUDEwNsj-gfM7pto_adky7hc0VW1a9O7XZ

I purchased a pack each of the: Rearz inspire + InControl
xl3aQcuuMEceubi5VBAmVkoOtxbvQGshdOqmGNz5-wMyfXPHh4e2OxckNQZ39AY1-oRxGHVcdjocPgDkqGg6iP8y8PTDhJoyrpZnHTxxQSTAJ6wRkGZYEMLLhVxX8ThcQIFx72yK

NF6tuc2Jbakrhq8MzRdFr-By2-eyN2jL4XLnKdggAromms6PBqIkXXSTOnO-zCmCp3qTHUtEGMaKAYi_ux0SmqOgAnJhKpltXwsTErQdQ0p8gdYM8-C0JO0bLy75QvmIBxDDMT3m

The InControl Essential
ZgMiquq8kIzmz9666aB0kOFZ8buW262krhfxDXZrZXXS-LpZt-HC8SraOBeXNwciAtmPiXpxmALb59Mk-c18m8efBw7OmBXusx4IBbrGMUJpHUi6FT-rt_hr4IVulvsZGl9x78Cz

The InControl Inspire
VzJLmZNvm8a1TshDTBoZvHRz5IQDGXwhHExKGtj4OrPfV90GYHvOByiFWy_ThtuyUoCUvRdCsE6xgNnUZFngdfjsszi25qsuubvJUP1-0f3xRk_Ar9uGyOijc8IdN61skfLmhu-0

and the InControl Elite hybrid
_ncYoUIdyb3H5_ZnpjP2n37zD0OIz6X90YyNHGw1RQCCvzKrymLb61PjFCoQfJZXlzPSErBsCejiwDzr8qD_aWqjjdvtVCz-RUtWHq2biboEftNnEr-emfRNxFx56Dqm_yt-ARIS

From the packaging every diaper is listed around the 5000ml mark aside from the essential which is marketed as an 8 hour or “daytime” diaper.

The Rearz Essential is the odd one out in this comparison so lets start with that first. I will say that this was the most “comfortable” to wear for me. That’s not to say that the others are bad, but as someone who mostly wears 5000+ ml diapers, it is nice to wear something that is a bit slimmer and less bulky every now and then. With its advertised 3700ml capacity it was noticeably less thirsty than the other three here, but that is expected.
fR1iMuAczBSIpEeOBsVyNx-bLHRynhQhxLu86CSBi4VM9nm8LjJJk1D7S7n87xXhgzcfiGy7ugK8rmCbBFhbPnebJ5QbB0edA6bbdLFLO9Y2pup8RsM01qVZN_2dVEzyPcoaOrv2

The essential has the same landing zone fitment guides as its larger cousin the Elite, however I found that the angle and direction that the zone travels was not the same as how the diaper fits on my body. I found that the lower taps did not end up following the guide and made me a bit more obsessive with getting the fit perfectly equal than I would have liked. The top guide was perfect and helpful. I can see that this is marketed toward a more institutional use and the value in those situations is easy to see. There is a single yellow wetness indicator down the middle of the diaper. The diaper has 2 blue tipped tapes per side and I did not have any trouble refastening the diaper.
9I943EEsf1XlJQZ7rZK1Pr4pivsUKGuWxptz3p9H5zzpg1TKx_rCaysjVicztWz7HrH4XPhO2S5fGplio7bq38tZFxE1ZZuA64Yo4V0H7kQLfWUPVj_BuP3hNQs-H_x1DRxahA2H

The inner side of the Essential shows a small blue surge zone core and the front and rear waist bands. These diapers also seem to have some kind of scent to them, I’m not sure if it is intentional or not, but there is clearly something there and it is a nice soft scent. The leak guards are tall and work well to hold in boosters, the leg gathers are thin but fully functional and incredibly soft. Again this diaper is easy to wear and provides great protection for someone who is active and/or does not need the 12+ hour all day protection/bulkyness one of the other diapers here provides.

The next diaper that has a different feature to the others is the Elite Hybrid. This diaper has a plastic backing, but a hook and loop fastening system. It also features the taping guides on the landing zone just like the essential. This diaper boasts the largest absorption rating at 5217ml of capacity and it does feel like a big diaper.
3AHFsWGmQVaEzb9w2oaTIZmhg1JtC2oIDHkb4FE7wMK3-M10KiItWSIwfM1dbRpCS2JND27V3pkF1BwmatgSPU2XhJbZTp7NfeQ4evy_Z5wS-PiYIhoD0VacubrdJ7Sd60ju36sJ

The outside of the diaper shows the landing zone on this diaper (blue on the mediums) that also has the taping guide so you can get a consistent fit every time. As I stated with the essentials, for me this is not as much of a plus as I would have liked, but your mileage may vary. A single yellow wetness indicator and two all white hook and loop tapes per side.

axBUsKCotvTzj-oi9TSHIvwhto5TIUJxTCUVsEX1xdIiIlgJZDzwUJg7bAzqQAhCoWs4Mk9e9rYH4XtJlOdz3HgJdaoeCgFEs5JJAnQqjUEZRmqSxWp0tcwiRKJ4PBO_ZLOnBJwM

On the inside we can see a long blue surge zone core as well as the front and rear waist bands. The leak guards are very tall here and the leg gathers are very snug and offer a very protected feeling fit around the whole diaper. The big thing with these diapers is the absorbency and the hook and loop tapes, while I do think these diapers are a tiny bit more absorbent than the other two, I don’t see that as a major difference. The taping system on the other hand is different. The hook and loop does not lose its strength when refastening; however when wearing the diaper near or at capacity the tapes don't seem to have as much hold on the front zone. The diaper does not feel like it is going to fall off, but you can tell that the diaper is starting to max out the holding strength on the tapes. Having said that this diaper made me feel dry at all times even at capacity it was never uncomfortable to be in. This is a premium diaper in price and it is a premium diaper in performance.

One to the interesting pairing here, the next two diapers to me are almost identical and I wonder what production differences in the two products are to be exact.

The InControl Inspire diaper is an all white plastic backed diaper, advertised with a 4901ml capacity. The website claims that they now have a taping guide and a 4930ml capacity, I did not receive that version when I ordered this.

DaJA8s5USR4gXVocyNB1wrstgimypMCcjBcBgeF0EeBf7qxkwFZfM5mo9et3f7IUi7fCTkkt5100vmi_5QQM5iNOVrQ8v4cNzULG2uPI6BliPK6ImjI8CNvpXsHLK_fqTK6ATWGl

You can see that the outside of this diaper is white. There is a clear plastic reinforced landing zone as well as a single strip yellow wetness indicator. There are also 2 blue tipped tapes per side. Sorry there is not much to say about this because there really is not much going on.
RP41o8zEgDht2hrGp7JkTHB7f2Oj7zVSXBTt2w-58g1kWfUJx4wVtWtXHLzCCiUfSFsDAJCN1_yOZDNwzhvZ8vNzZnDlLTDHuwhB51UJwSk9d81yFjyOjqW1SO4XpvIi1NNCZFRU

The inside is the only one to not have a blue surge core, but it does have front and rear waist bands as well as very tall leak guards and snug leg gathers.

Moving quickly on to the final diaper to compare, The Rearz Inspire+ InControl.
Just from the name I am a bit confused, but I will try my best to make sense of what I think this diaper is. The diaper is another all white diaper with an absorbency rating of 4981ml.

FCzIMAbElG6f6wi5__5wyCSTGMesDf_iUr4MoBQfpR9Pz8hyeyh5QWBoWSFWiS-11wbhBYl3ATOL98iXcuMYp_Pxrb_fcD9XO8jl7QEk9k9aDZta3QTCurOCGWYeVzI8HeNvnfAV

The diaper is white…all white. This is the only diaper of the bunch not to have a wetness indicator. The landing zone is of the reinforced plastic variety and it does have 2 blue tipped tapes per side.

M5RrUwRvf9aONzjHHJpIMikKrdpSOoh9gomhMbIf4vOHEjZZb8DXRbfgg-yIBVlL7QArQp3eTRj4EJbDx1jvTzMqI5OwHzOzUMJompIRZL0C2do-ayx57tUKzCVBz1xgqnwS3ZRh

The inside of the diaper does have a rather offset blue surge core and front and rear waist bands. Like all the others I felt that the leak guards were very tall and the leg gathers offered a very snug and protected fit.

Looking at these last two diapers it is tough to see what is different about them. The Rearz does have the blue surge core, and perhaps that is what is contributing to the additional absorbency, but in my usage, I was not able to see any difference in how much these two hold. There was also no difference in wetness feeling as the diaper was used. There may be some difference in the plastic that is used between the two as the Inspire+ tends to have a higher pitch crinkle and feels a bit stiffer than the Inspire. This difference may just be in my head though.

I believe that the Rearz Inspire+ is just a naked safari diaper, and that the InControl is a new version of the same diaper that is built to be a bit cheaper and cater more to the incontinence crowd rather than the ABDL customers. Rearz would most likely want to keep these products separate for marketing reasons. And they can deliver the same product without having to be affiliated with an ABDL company. This is all speculation and I have no facts to really back this up, just my idea.
Thanks for reading, hope any questions about these products have been answered. Here is a quick breakdown and links to the products I looked at. PS these all fluff up quite nicely!
cbKaOAhBQInFzxBvbrCKfSYP2K2Z29fySYQgXGxz48PIVq1nIlpCZgu-ycgztuXvhoMUspewkao3HDgQ9nOXVhn3jqsn_x_yuHR-3cLr6agDtr5YG_LGxg1I_x9Uo8dBYgcCDUxG

LINKS

Essential https://rearz.ca/incontrol-essential-incontinence-briefs/

Elite https://rearz.ca/incontrol-elite-hybrid-adult-incontinence-briefs/

Inspire https://rearz.ca/incontrol-inspire-incontinence-briefs/

Rearz Inspire+ https://rearz.ca/rearz-inspire-incontrol-nighttime-briefs/

Cost (Medium case in USD)

Essential: 36 per case @ $67.55 -- 1.88 per diaper and 1968ml per $

Elite: 36 per case @ $87.18 -- $2.42 per diaper and 2156ml per $

Inspire: 48 per case @ $89.54 -- $1.87 per diaper and 2621ml per $

Rearz Inspire+ 36 per case @ $78.54 -- $2.18 per diaper and 2284ml per $

Reactions: Jonnythepony, KaleidoscopeKitty, RedPandaDL and 1 other person
I find the inspires at 1.87 each pretty hard to beat. It’s my sweet spot for cost, availability, and function.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Thanks nice review. I also agree that the Inspires are a good value for the money. I read on their site that it is rated at 20 cups or 160 ounces which converts to a gallon and a quarter. For me that is plenty for overnight use and cheaper than all the rest.

Last edited:
Plain Inspire are nice diapers for daytime where you don't need high capacity. And the InControl variant work really well overnight. Love them both! The Inspire are a bit expensive to wear to work though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back