Really sucks

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ok wanta know what sucks? Trying to change a wet diaper when you have a hair line fracture in your elbow . Banged my elbow on the corner of my bedside table last Friday. Went to Emergortho Saturday and was told she was sure I had a hairline fracture. Let's just say the whole time I'm changing my diaper I'm like OUCH,OUCH,OUCH........lol. Hopefully it will begin to mend soon

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2, slimjiminy and 3 others
Yikes!, I hope you make a speedy recovery
Get well soon.😟

Reactions: Diprs2
Jorelaxed said:
Yikes!, I hope you make a speedy recovery
Get well soon.😟
Thanks so much

Reactions: Jorelaxed
i know how hard it is. cit my hand with a box cutter about 4 weeks ago and changing a diaper is hard one handed.

Joys of self diapering, diaper changes aren't exactly optional, and any injury can potentially make it more difficult or painful, lol. A minor injury gives me a lot of respect for those with other more consequential or long term issues, when all I'm doing is saying "ouch", "ouch"...

Hope the fracture stops hurting soon!

PupSpaz said:
Joys of self diapering, diaper changes aren't exactly optional, and any injury can potentially make it more difficult or painful, lol. A minor injury gives me a lot of respect for those with other more consequential or long term issues, when all I'm doing is saying "ouch", "ouch"...

Hope the fracture stops hurting soon!
Thanks

Good luck on your recovery

It’s a real pain when you fracture your hairline!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
Zeke said:
It’s a real pain when you fracture your hairline!
Mine has been receding to try to get out of the way.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
I have a left shoulder injury. To do the left tapes is like ouch ouch ouch. So I secure to bottom left tape with the diaper off then slide it on then do the other tapes. It helps some.

Ouchies! I hope your arm quickly heals.

One of my worries in life is how I’m going to manage things if/when the day comes when I am less mobile. Having worked in healthcare settings, I’ve seen how incontinence is handled in patients with mobility or cognitive issues and it’s not a pretty sight. I’m talking about low quality, poor fitting diapers that are haphazardly taped on the patient. It’s due to a number of factors, including limited staffing, difficulty in changing and diapering a full sized adult with mobility issues, and maybe lack of appreciation for the benefits of a high quality diaper and a good tape job. But either way I really don’t want that to be me.

ltaluv said:
Mine has been receding to try to get out of the way.
Like a friend used to tell me “God only made so many perfect heads, the others he put hair on.”. Of course he’s the same guy that told me that he was born right handed but he overcame it.

Always difficult to change yourself injured. In my case right now it's a pain to do while wearing a heart monitor. Hard keeping the cords out of the way and can't just jump in the shower without detaching the cables and removing and replacing the pads on my chest. Lucky I'm at day 16 of 30.

Back