Rash Even Though I Creamed and Powdered and Wash Almost Every Day?

PaddedShooterBooty27

Everything is better with a padded bum!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I thought it would be appropriate to post here as I'm sure you guys deal with this way more than I do. I was wondering if you can give me some advice on what I'm potentially doing wrong.

I have nocturia so often I make use of nappies at night. I'm well hydrated so my urine isn't super concentrated but it isn't crystal clear either. When I know I'm going to use my nappy extensively throughout the night I put on Sudocrem as a barrier and use plenty of baby powder in my nappy so it doesn't stick excessively to my skin. I do not feel excessive discomfort with the tightness of the leg cuffs around my body. I used to put them on way too tight but now I make sure I can get two of my fingers or my thumb right around so I know they are loose enough. So I woke up this morning, knowing I had used it about four times during the night. I got up, made final use of it and then went into a quick shower to get ready for work.

I realised I had an extremely nasty rash on my inner groin and it looks like it might be a urine burn. The skin has peeled away somewhat and it's red and stingy. I have been putting more Sudocrem on it throughout the day in an effort to help it heal and will have to abstain for a night or two to allow my skin time to heal.

So, almost every day I shower and wash my nether regions with soap and an exfoliant sponge. If it's only light use throughout the day I will either use an adult incontinence wipe or have a quick shower time permitting, to rinse and wash my nether regions. I will then put on more Sudocrem for a barrier and powder before changing into a fresh nappy.

Is this just something that happens and you have to deal with it? Am I doing something wrong? Any advice on how to avoid these sorts of rashes in the future? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️

Reactions: Diprs2
That was happening to me when I was using any rash cream daily. It would actually cause rashes!
So, now I only use powder, and I've been rash free ever since.

When I do actually get a rash, that is the only time I'll use cream, until it clears up.

The cream plugs or blocks our skin's pores... only use when required.

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
That was happening to me when I was using any rash cream daily. It would actually cause rashes!
So, now I only use powder, and I've been rash free ever since.

When I do actually get a rash, that is the only time I'll use cream, until it clears up.

The cream plugs or blocks our skin's pores... only use when required.
Okay i will need to give this a try, thanks 😁

Reactions: Diprs2 and Abdlchriscrinkle
Mama2Cuyler said:
Also, I know diaper wearers tend to like powder but I recommend against powder in rash prone areas. It can irritate skin. Try laying off the powder for a few weeks and see if that helps. Also, it could be your cream. You need to isolate ingredients to see what might be the irritant.
Usually with powder only I do not experience rashes at all when I don't wet, I've gone weeks with only powder every night and it seems to not cause rashes. I think it definitely may be too much cream. Thanks for your input ☺️

Reactions: Diprs2 and Abdlchriscrinkle
Too much cream can definitely cause issues I use Desitin when I get a little rash or more when it gets itchy and irritated but mostly I use very little powder and it been way better 👍

I don’t ever use any powders or creams and have never had a rash from wearing/ wetting a diaper even when I’ve stayed in the same diaper 12+ hours. Baby powder is actually not really recommended (https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-...can Academy of Pediatrics,if a lot is inhaled) as it can cause rather than prevent irritation. I don’t know any parents who use it for their kids, I’ve only ever heard of it still being used in the ABDL community!

Honestly I would abstain from wearing a nappy for a while and then try wearing your nappy without any powder or cream as they may be what’s causing the increased irritation and making it worse. A thin layer of cream can help prevent rashes a bit but to be honest my understanding is it’s dirty diapers that cause rashes, not wet ones, and so unless you have particularly sensitive skin I would doubt you would need it

Last edited:
Might even be a yeast infection....keep a eye on it for sure. If it gets worse see a Dr the worse it gets the longer it takes to heal. 😉 Be smart and take care of yourself 🤠

Raven801 said:
Might even be a yeast infection....keep a eye on it for sure. If it gets worse see a Dr the worse it gets the longer it takes to heal. 😉 Be smart and take care of yourself 🤠
Never thought of that 😬I do have Type-2 but I'm stable and on no meds and never had problems with yeast before. It doesn't have any smell. It seems to be be less inflamed now. I will re-assess tomorrow.

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I don’t ever use any powders or creams and have never had a rash from wearing/ wetting a diaper even when I’ve stayed in the same diaper 12+ hours. Baby powder is actually not really recommended (https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/talcum-powder-for-babies#:~:text=The American Academy of Pediatrics,if a lot is inhaled) as it can cause rather than prevent irritation. I don’t know any parents who use it for their kids, I’ve only ever heard of it still being used in the ABDL community!

Honestly I would abstain from wearing a nappy for a while and then try wearing your nappy without any powder or cream as they may be what’s causing the increased irritation and making it worse. A thin layer of cream can help prevent rashes a bit but to be honest my understanding is it’s dirty diapers that cause rashes, not wet ones, and so unless you have particularly sensitive skin I would doubt you would need it
I do have quite sensitive skin, I've had it most of my life. I'm not in dirty nappies for very long I change pretty much almost immediately after that. 🙈

PaddedShooterBooty27 said:
So, almost every day I shower and wash my nether regions with soap and an exfoliant sponge. If it's only light use throughout the day I will either use an adult incontinence wipe or have a quick shower time permitting, to rinse and wash my nether regions. I will then put on more Sudocrem for a barrier and powder before changing into a fresh nappy.

Is this just something that happens and you have to deal with it? Am I doing something wrong? Any advice on how to avoid these sorts of rashes in the future? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️
So far, I rarely have F-IC (knock on wood) but I always shower every morning and throughly wash the "nether regions" every time. As part of that, I stay naked in the bathroom as long as I can to air dry. On the few times that the front of my junk feels a little raw, I use a light application of TENA Protective Cream and then all is fine after that. It's likely that my exposure is not the same as yours but for what it's worth. I forgot to mention - I don't use any powders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedShooterBooty27
I would be careful with soap and the exfoliant sponge in the nether regions. It wears down the skin's natural barrier over time.
Using only water is often enough to get clean.

Back