Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
I personally Hate going out in it but i love watching it

Reactions: Cottontail and Diaperon
Personally, I avoid hating things as it allows zero change. As a result, I tend to dislike somethings.
Rain, in my area varies widely and as a result hating it just doesn't make any sense. After all the great outdoors would be dead without it and I like the green of Spring and Summer, the colors of Fall and the white of Winter.

A warm shower in the Summers' afternoon is a joy to be out in, but the near freezing rain of late Fall or early Winter, no. Better to be indoors during those events.

Reactions: Ecchi231
After 2-3 drought summery week rain is beautiful. You can breath again, birds sing again. I love it. But when it's rainy for 2-3 weeks in autumn or winter it can be depressing.
Because of global warming rainy periods get change nowdays here, long dry periods without a drop of rain in summer bur after this we get floody one with hail. Winter seems to be also strange, less snow, more sleet. It's scary...

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
I love rain. But I like to be outside under the rain only when prepared.

I tried to vote for everything supporting rain. I love the rain.

I like cars and traction and rain is anti car so no. Plus the whole feeling like you're in a swamp the second you walk outside.

Last edited:
I can't trust someone who hates rain, sorry.
Not wanting to go out in rain is fine, but hate rain? No.

Not sure how to vote having had ‘biblical’ amounts of rain here (Ireland) since last Thursday with little respite. Also can’t vote hate as it is so essential but just right now can say like it either. I’m sure I’ll recover 😂

No need for green cliches!!

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and NewMommA
I find it romantic. Somehow, I like that most people don't like to be outside in the rain. Where I live, the sidewalks are pretty much free and it's less noisy which I also like. Rain? Yes. ☔🌧️💙

These days I'm not big on rain, although of course I acknowledge its importance, and I definitely don't mind when it saves me from having to water the yard! I grew up in Seattle, which is famously rainy. I now live about 80 miles north of there. You might think that wouldn't make much of a difference, but because of where we are relative to Washington's mountain ranges, we get only about half as much rainfall annually. That works for me! I'm a fair weather bunny.

I think I enjoyed rain more as a kid. Umbrellas were kind of fun, and at recess we'd use the heels of our boots to dig little rivers and build dams and lakes on the playground--that is, until the grumpy old ladies who supervised our recesses walked over and saw how muddy we were. Getting muddy or dirty on purpose was grounds for a time out, but we couldn't help ourselves!

I still enjoy thunderstorms though. Rain gets a pass when it comes with lightning. :)

Reactions: Rusher and Edgewater
I love listening to the rain when I'm at home or somewhere that I can just sit and listen in peace. Hate driving in it, though.

I grew up in South Snohomish County, WA in the middle of the Puget Sound Convergence Zone. I was a newspaper carrier and a primitive camping Boy Scout. Now I live in the "scrub steppe" about 200 miles East of Seattle. It rains here sometimes. :geek:

Pelusos said:
After 2-3 drought summery week rain is beautiful. You can breath again, birds sing again. I love it. But when it's rainy for 2-3 weeks in autumn or winter it can be depressing.
Because of global warming rainy periods get change nowdays here, long dry periods without a drop of rain in summer bur after this we get floody one with hail. Winter seems to be also strange, less snow, more sleet. It's scary...
I am old and have seen 18" on snow for Trick or Treat, played golf on Christmas Day and a blizzard for Spring Break. I have seen long waves of heat during the Summer resulting in 100's dying in Chicago and a Summer that never saw temperatures above 65 degrees. Some 15000 to 25000, years ago, the sea's started rising 400 to 600' and have continued to rise to current day and will continue to rise into the future. Some place between now and 15000 years into the future the next Ice Age will set in.

Reactions: killahB and Zeke
My attitude towards rain depends a lot on how warm it is and how hard it’s coming down. I remember riding my motorcycle in a stinging, cold rain in which I was tempted to ride close behind a semi or other vehicle but realized what a bad idea that was (particularly if they straddled something laying in the road!). Other times I’ve gone for long walks in a warm rain and truly enjoyed it. Some of my favorite times are lying in bed listening to rain on the roof, especially when I was still driving semi truck and laying in the sleeper listening to rain pattering on the aluminum cab was a great sedative. A persistent rain can make camping a pain as I’ve experienced a few times so my attitude towards rain really depends on what I’m doing.

Edgewater said:
I am old and have seen 18" on snow for Trick or Treat, played golf on Christmas Day and a blizzard for Spring Break. I have seen long waves of heat during the Summer resulting in 100's dying in Chicago and a Summer that never saw temperatures above 65 degrees. Some 15000 to 25000, years ago, the sea's started rising 400 to 600' and have continued to rise to current day and will continue to rise into the future. Some place between now and 15000 years into the future the next Ice Age will set in.
Damn Edgewater, you are old! I didn’t realize that you were around to journal the weather and the sea level 15k-25k years ago. The 18” of snow for Halloween I think I experienced in ‘91 or ‘92 and also the Spring blizzards. As for golf on Christmas Day the weather was conducive but the local courses weren’t open. Those outliers in temperature and perception always seem to average out given enough time but sometimes they’re quite a shock when you experience them.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and Rusher
I like the rain but it doesn’t like me. Causes my bad knees to lock up. My rotator cuffs to hurt. I have bone degeneration disease. So anywhere that’s been operated on or screwed up hurts. On the plus side I am a walking weatherman

• Love
I love rainy days inside reading by the fire. Even better if its snowing and you can get a day of skiing in first!

Ying and yang.
Not like you have much choice about it: if it's there, and there's jobs to be done, you just have get used to it, whether you like it or not.
Sure, it makes things slippery, but also keeps dust down (an eyeball-scratching good reason to dislike wind, if ever there was); sure, it's cold, but that gives cause to work harder; and if you've been working in it all day/night, you don't need much of a bodily cleansing at the end of it.
Despite (and due to) the downsides, there are sensory pleasures to being in the rain: the warmth of a fire as you try to get warm and dry; the shiver from the cold and the trickle of rainwater, from your drenched hair, down your face as you eat chips outside the chippy with your mates; and swimming outside in the rain is just something else...

You can't hate rain. Without it we couldn't grow crops, and I'm pretty sure that even folks in deserts rely on rain for drinking water somehow.
I'm not going outside when it's raining outside, though. Why? Try biking under heavy rain for 20 minutes with a shirt that sticks to your skin.
Yeah. No.

Last edited:
  • Love
I wrote meh.... like sometimes It can be pretty, especially in may early may when the leaves are the greenest, fullest, and freshest looking. and sometimes It can be fun to walk around in heavy rain because of how wet you'll get in kinda of a macho way. and rain is very important for the environment. but generally, I prefer drier sunny weather or snow because that rarely happens where I live.

• Love
Reactions: Sissyleslie, gmate1713 and Edgewater
Back