question

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi everybody,

I have a question not sure how to ask.

please provide full answers that are easy to understand as I will be adding to my notes later also feel free to DM me

for those that don't know I wear diapers due to my C.P. because I don't reach the bathroom on time due to walking.

I still live at home with my parents and my mom knows I wear diapers cause I told her and she was ok with but I still try to hide the fact that I buy them like them seeing the box.

Well yesterday I told my mom that my delivery was coming my dad was going to be home and he really did not know like he would ask me what did you order? and my mom said he knows you wear diapers so I was like ok cool not sure if she told him in private.

my question is do I need to keep hiding the fact that i wear diapers/buy them like take them to my room without them knowing now that they both know are are fine with it?

I look forward to your replies thanks.

Reactions: Diprs2, lilBlueyKiddo321, Freddie07601 and 2 others
JoeRelax said:
You need them for a legitimate medical reason, they have no reason to question a medical need, sorry if i'm to harsh sounding.
no worries joe and thanks.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Deleted member 57387
they know no more need to hide them/ but you still might be embarrassed by them but you need them they're not just for fun

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, checkingoutall and (deleted member)
needchanging49 said:
they know no more need to hide them/ but you still might be embarrassed by them but you need them they're not just for fun
thanks for your help

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and LittleBabyJake
All you are doing is being discrete about something that is not normally an 'open' subject.
Good for you and I hope you manage everything well.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, siysiy and 1 other person
JoeRelax said:
You need them for a legitimate medical reason, they have no reason to question a medical need, sorry if i'm too harsh sounding.
I would suggest that being somewhat discreet at home is helpful because even though they may understand, they may not like it. My wife understands but I don't wave it around in her face kind of thing. Just use common sense and courtesy.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
FalkorG30 said:
Hi everybody,

please provide full answers that are easy to understand as I will be adding to my notes later also feel free to DM me

for those that don't know I wear diapers due to my C.P. because I don't reach the bathroom on time due to walking.

I still live at home with my parents and my mom knows I wear diapers cause I told her and she was ok with but I still try to hide the fact that I buy them like them seeing the box.

Well yesterday I told my mom that my delivery was coming my dad was going to be home and he really did not know like he would ask me what did you order? and my mom said he knows you wear diapers so I was like ok cool not sure if she told him in private.

my question is do I need to keep hiding the fact that i wear diapers/buy them like take them to my room without them knowing now that they both know are are fine with it?

My wife due to my autism put me back in diapers so when they come no big deal.

Reactions: Diprs2
sport1 said:
My wife due to my autism put me back in diapers so when they come no big deal.
Thanks for your help

FalkorG30 said:
Hi everybody,

Well. It depends on what relationship and understanding about your CP you have agreed upon with your parents and yourself. Can you deal with bladder and bowel control and they know you can? It's a family thing. Parents don't want you to lose your abilities, because they love you so much, and they don't want to see you doing things they feel are a failure of themselves. They want you to be everything you want to be. Trust me.

Now my DEVIL: It's fun to wear diapers. But if you need them, it's okay. But with CP, you know it's important to work on muscle control. Right? I'm a caregiver. It's fun to play, but please be careful. Your mind needs as much muscle-control input as possible. I've seen "cascade effects" where people have lost a lot of control over many motor skills.

Reactions: Diprs2 and (deleted member)
You know your body and your parents the best, the fact they are cool with you wearing is good, you don't need to worry about things like deliveries.

slimjiminy said:
I would suggest that being somewhat discreet at home is helpful because even though they may understand, they may not like it. My wife understands but I don't wave it around in her face kind of thing. Just use common sense and courtesy.

Wondercrinkee said:
Well. It depends on what relationship and understanding about your CP you have agreed upon with your parents and yourself. Can you deal with bladder and bowel control and they know you can? It's a family thing. Parents don't want you to lose your abilities, because they love you so much, and they don't want to see you doing things they feel are a failure of themselves. They want you to be everything you want to be. Trust me.

Now my DEVIL: It's fun to wear diapers. But if you need them, it's okay. But with CP, you know it's important to work on muscle control. Right? I'm a caregiver. It's fun to play, but please be careful. Your mind needs as much muscle-control input as possible. I've seen "cascade effects" where people have lost a lot of control over many motor skills.
Thanks for your help

• Sad
Reactions: Woncrinklz
siysiy said:
You know your body and your parents the best, the fact they are cool with you wearing is good, you don't need to worry about things like deliveries.
Thanks for your help.

I wouldn’t show them openly and open the box in front of your parents on the kitchen counter. But you can get the box to your room without issue and if they ask then just tell them your diapers.
I leave mine on the toilet lid so I can still be in the bathroom area even if I have an accident

Finny said:
I wouldn’t show them openly and open the box in front of your parents on the kitchen counter. But you can get the box to your room without issue and if they ask then just tell them your diapers.
I leave mine on the toilet lid so I can still be in the bathroom area even if I have an accident
Thanks for your help.

Mama2Cuyler said:
This is an interesting question. My little also has CP and difficulty with balance and walking and wore diapers part-time to deal with not getting to the toilet in time. But, he also gets comfort from diapers as an AB and he struggled with the guilt. It wasn't until he became my baby and I gave him permission to wear diapers and not feel guilty about it that a weight was lifted off him. I know this isn't exactly your situation but I sense that you may be feeling something -- maybe not guilt, but something -- that made you ask. And although I agree with Wondercrinkee that you want to try to retain and strengthen control as much as you can, I also think there is no shame to lean on a crutch when you need it. Good luck honey.
Thanks for your help

At your age you know that your parents are on your side. Though you live with your parents, because you're an adult they probably give you a fair amount of latitude and privacy out of respect. Don't interpret that as disinterest. Managing your life is probably the greatest gift you will ever give your parents. Use your deliveries as the reason to talk with them about managing your life, discretion, and boundaries. This is new territory for them as well. All of you might find life together easier after having the conversation.

Back