Question for those who are baking savvy

PrettyLilPrincess

Advocate for Cloth-Backed Diapers
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
So, last year I made what is called a cinnamon butterscotch pie. It’s from a game called undertale. Several recipes exist online for it, and I found one and tried it out last year with my dad. We have a Halloween party coming up, and mom suggested we make it again. Now, the first one we made tasted good, but with a few modifications I think it can taste great.
So, here’s the lowdown:
In the original recipe, you have to add all the ingredients in a pot, heat gently and stir for a few minutes. See this picture (filling ingredients and instructions are on the bottom):
0882A389-19A2-46C0-A29F-F0CA22E6BD5B.png
The modifications I had in mind were adding 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips and 1 cup of heavy cream. For the cream, we would add it with the rest of the ingredients in the pot and heat it up like normal. For the butterscotch chips I think we would whisk them in once the filling has been thickened and taken off the heat (there shouldn’t be any chunks in the filling, by the way).

My question is, with the added cream, will the filling still thicken up as normal? Or do you think dad and I should add an extra tablespoon of cornstarch?

Last edited:
Reactions: tails1234
Back