Question for others who are incontinent and have a significant other

iowaincon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello, I realize that many of us here who are incontinent also have either AB or DL tendencies. I myself have been incontinent for 18 years now, and have also been a DL pretty much forever. I am curious about how many of us who have a significant other in our lives get their diaper changed by that person on a regular basis. I understand that answers will vary some due to physical issues where you may require assistance with changing, but I'm genuinely curious how common this is in our community. I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and thank you in advance to all who take the time to reply.

Reactions: sport1 and Inconjr
I’ve been in diapers for incontinence for 3 plus years now. Have been an Ab for as long as I can remember. My wife has known about my ab side for a long time and obviously knew about the incontinence from day one. She has never and stated has no interest in changing my diaper. As much as I would love her too.

I’ve been incontinent for almost 3 years and my wife has changed me a total of 4 times, the first time was when I had excruciating back pain she changed me and drove to the ER , the other times was when I was having difficulty and too weak from chemo to change myself. I don’t like asking her for help because I know she doesn’t care for it but because she loves me she is willing to help me when I need it and I only ask her when I truly need it.

Last edited:
My wife has never changed me, and nor have any exes. She's definitely got no interest in changing me, though she has said that she expects that one day I will need her to, and when that day comes, she would.

Quite frankly, though, I'd rather sort myself out, and think I'd find her changing me utterly humiliating.

My wife has never changed me. She did help me put on a pull-up when I was incredibly dizzy from starting an antipsychotic med. to was the same night I accidentally peed on her and our dog in he bed. Was pretty embarrassed

Once I got my hand cut so deeply I couldn't use it for a few days. I'm right-handed and it was my right hand. So I was pretty doomed for a while. My wife did change me then several times as needed. It was very humiliating, even though she made everything she could not toake it awkward.

The only time my wife will change me is when i'm sick/disabled but apart that i like to be independent as much as possible.

Mine is a slightly different perspective, since I'm not incontinent. But if I became incontinent for some reason, I'm absolutely certain my wife would not change me. She'd hire a live-in home health provider before she'd change me herself.

I do my best to change my own diaper but my gf will help me with diaper changes as well without me even asking. She understands my incontinence and how it started and is very open minded to me being abdl to cope with incontinence.

I use external catheters and leg bags, and the very odd occasion intermittent caths. For shorter periods a use pull ups and pads. My wife has helped me with both types of catheters and still does, especially if we are maybe outdoors or in the car.Quire a few times before we get intimate so as to avoid me have 'accidents' which can happen. I think it helps that I'm paraplegic and need help with my penis before we can have sex, then its just another step up helping with my bladder issues

Wife and I are both IC. We have changed each other multiple times. It’s not that often but when we get sick and are taking cold meds or something we check on each other and will change each other if the other isn’t doing well. My wife gets bad cramps and her body will just expel everything. She can barely move it hurts so much. I often change her in those instances.

Back