Pull-Ups Youth vs Adult

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am not ab/dl I am familiar with the ab/dl community I don't understand but I don't judge either if that's your thing great it's not mine I am diapered 24/7 as I am fully incontinent I do believe the ab/dl community has made a contribution in improving adult diapers and created some better diapers which unfortunately also commands a premium price for such products now as I am incontinent and have been wearing diapers for years and I have tried both pullups and tape on diapers and it has been my experience that all adult pullups are pure rubbish you compare the adult pullups to the toddler/youth pullups and the adult pullups are very poorly made in comparison in fact padding wise there is about the same amount if not less padding in the adult pullups as there is the youth products look at the rise of the padding in the Goodnites it goes all the way up to the waistband in the front and back when every adult pullup I have tried the padding rises only about half way up in the front and some are not even halfway p in the back I have had times wearing a pullup and wet and have it shoot right over the top of the padding and soak right through to my pants and another issue I have had i that i have never had any luck using cloth-like covered diapers I only use plastic backed diapers for various reasons which brings me to the point I know pullups have their place and I wouldn't mind using them if they were made better they need better padding with a higher rise and with all the ab/dl designs I am really surprised to see nobody has come out with a plastic backed pullup

Reactions: Angelapinks
I think it's due to the physiological (is that the right word...?) differences between adults and kids/teens. Goodnites are designed specifically for the bedwetter in mind where families are probably trying to use coping mechanisms, such as limited beverages at night. I'd imagine the urine output difference between an adult and child/teen is pretty remarkable and a bedwetting adult would be more apt to purchase a less leak prone diaper design. Goodnites do have their flaws in trading discretion for quality when it comes to bedwetting. Adult pull ups on the other hand are probably just for light daytime wetting where the walking/movement would probably work with gravitate to everything 'down'.

Back