PTSD bed wetting

AJ33

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi I’ve been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and been bed wetting since what caused my PTSD and im getting some treatment for the PTSD but dose anyone else suffer with bed wetting with PTSD or is it just me?

Reactions: ryanbailey, Edgewater, Neroforte and 1 other person
Stress / ptsd cause nocturnal enuresis is extremely common
Im glad you are getting help with your ptsd that's extremely important
have you spoken to your doctor / urologist about it?

I have pstd as well but most of my bed wetting is bladder issues
but the ptsd definitely doesn't help

Hopefully once the time comes your wetting will slow as you heal 😊

Reactions: HereWeGo2169, Edgewater, MaximusWolfheart and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Stress / ptsd cause nocturnal enuresis is extremely common
Im glad you are getting help with your ptsd that's extremely important
have you spoken to your doctor / urologist about it?

I have pstd as well but most of my bed wetting is bladder issues
but the ptsd definitely doesn't help

Hopefully once the time comes your wetting will slow as you heal 😊
Thanks for coming back to me on this I’m also Autistic and that doesn’t make thing easier. I haven't spoken to the doctors as I don’t feel that it’s necessary but I have asked a few of my friends to do it but they wet in the day without knowing.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Edgewater and Diprs2
I strongly recommend talking to your doctor just so that any other medical causes can be eliminated. It's a few simple painless tests
better to know early than too late

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
SparkyDog said:
I strongly recommend talking to your doctor just so that any other medical causes can be eliminated. It's a few simple painless tests
better to know early than too late
Thanks can I DM you it’s ok if not

Reactions: SparkyDog
AJ33 said:
Thanks can I DM you it’s ok if not
Yup it's fine
talk to you soon

Reactions: Edgewater
AJ33 said:
Hi I’ve been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and been bed wetting since what caused my PTSD and im getting some treatment for the PTSD but dose anyone else suffer with bed wetting with PTSD or is it just me?
Hi Im in this too my ex wife been narcissistic abusive and literally destroy me and Im fighting that stuff too, made my iC twice worst

Neroforte said:
Hi Im in this too my ex wife been narcissistic abusive and literally destroy me and Im fighting that stuff too, made my iC twice worst
Sorry to hear that my dm are always open if you ever want to talk to me

Reactions: Neroforte
AJ33 said:
Sorry to hear that my dm are always open if you ever want to talk to me
Thanks

Reactions: Edgewater and AJ33
Sorry to hear your stories it's hard when disabilities stack up on each other. I been having bad spasms because of my cp. They caused me a lot of stress and that can cause more spasms than can cause more.....

Reactions: Edgewater, AJ33 and Neroforte
bed wetting with PTSD is very common especially if you are dealing with traumatic flash back nightmares. never a bad idea to keep your doctor well informed of everything going on with you. the combination of autism and PTSD can play a big part of wetting accidents, so you aren't alone it. i deal with both along with IC and have found that diapers don't just handle the IC issues but also has a calming effect regarding my mental health.

Reactions: Edgewater and Neroforte
Joeysms said:
bed wetting with PTSD is very common especially if you are dealing with traumatic flash back nightmares. never a bad idea to keep your doctor well informed of everything going on with you. the combination of autism and PTSD can play a big part of wetting accidents, so you aren't alone it. i deal with both along with IC and have found that diapers don't just handle the IC issues but also has a calming effect regarding my mental health.
Thanks this means so much to me I thought I was on my own with ptsd and bed wetting

Reactions: Joeysms, Edgewater and Neroforte
AJ33 said:
I am Autistic and have severe childhood abuse/neglect at my age of 66, and I bedwet/bedpoop and pants-wet/pants poop.
Neurological issues also since I also have Cerebral Palsy since birth.

Reactions: Edgewater and Neroforte
I forgot to put in the term PTSD...

It is important to understand that regardless of the source or reason of being IC can hide a very important Medical clues of starting or worsening problems with organs, illness and/or mental illnesses. Any change in ones incontinence is reason to report it to you Medical Team!

Reactions: Neroforte and Joeysms
AJ33 said:
You are definitely not the only one! This happens to me too and I believe it is completely related to my ptsd. I don’t mind it much because I actually like to wear diapers at night anyways since they make me feel safe but it can be embarrassing sometimes when friends want to sleep over or things like that. My boyfriend is understanding though so overall it doesn’t cause any major issues.

For ptsd I would recommend getting a trauma informed therapist specifically rather than a general therapist because they will be able to help you work through things much more effectively. I don’t know when you are in ur healing journey right now but the bedwetting might get better once you move further along in healing the ptsd. It’s not an easy journey but it’s definitely possible and the progress is so worth it.

Good luck and if u ever want to talk to someone you can send me a message!

Yes I struggle with stress and now I have to wear diapers to work and at night because I use my diaper without me knowing so now I have to wear a diaper to work and at home because I keep peeing myself when I sleep without me knowing and it’s help me with my stress that I struggle with

Last edited:
AJ33 said:
Yes, I can relate to PTSD bedwetting it started after my brain surgery

Just want to chime in that you're not alone. I wet the bed growing up, and finally stopped in my mid-teens, only to start again, barely a year later, both day and night, after a traumatic event. I've never been sure if it was the emotional trauma, or the head trauma, though, as I had plenty of both, and definitely had some cognitive impacts from the head trauma.

Back