Demonbabywearspamps

Space demon baby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I keep seeing threads of people being like "this diaper/clothing item won't fit me". Sizing isn't universal. PLEASE MEASURE YOURSELF. A fabric measure is cheap and easy to use. I'm plus size. I keep a fabric measure and chart of my measurements when I go online shopping. Yes I know even when you measure yourself it might not fit but it's still useful and cuts down on having to return something or being stuck with a product that doesn't fit. As long as you check the size chart trust me you'll find what fits and what doesn't. If you're between sizes like I am I suggest going bigger instead of smaller.
For example: I have a 44 inch waist. Abu bunnyhopps fit me at a XL with a max stretch of 48(they fit perfectly) but Tykebles large doesn't fit me at a max stretch of 48(they are very tight and rip when I try them) so I have to size up to a XL(which fits but is a little roomy but that's fixed with a booster). Meaning just because they are in your range doesn't mean they will or won't fit. I say this to admit yes you can still get something too small or too big.
Or another example. ODU has a size 3xl onesie I have. It's a bit tight and I can't wear a diaper with it because I didn't measure myself. I later bought a size Large lilkink onesie that fits perfectly and I can fit a big tykebles boosted diaper in it. The size charts are similar but they are not the same. Meaning you can be a different size in different brands.
TLDR: MEASURE YOURSELF SO YOU CAN FIND WHAT FITS INSTEAD OF BEING STUCK OR HAVING TO TAKE IT BACK.

• Love
Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, DLScottsman, KittyninjaW and 5 others
I agree, more with clothes but with anything you wear the golden rule is you can take away but it’s very difficult to add. a too big onesie can be sized down but a too small one can’t easily be sized up without adding more fabric and will be uncomfy to wear. with nappies like you said a too big one can fit better with a booster inside but a too small one will probably leak or tear.

also a tip for waist circumference if you don’t have a measuring tape, take a pair of trousers and see if they have the waist measurement inside (more normal in men’s pants) or if it doesn’t, look up the brands trouser size chart online and it will say the waist measurement with the letter or number size along with hip, inseam, etc. that way you will have a pretty good idea what your measurements are without taking them yourself using clothes that fit.

Reactions: Cottontail, mistykitty and Demonbabywearspamps
One problem is that foreign vendors will find a size chart online and use it and their clothes don’t fit the sizes. Check the negative reviews about sizing.

Reactions: dogboy and Cottontail
With diapers, unfortunately, I have to blame the manufacturers. Most diapers are provided with only a waist size, and most of us know our waist sizes. We don't need to measure. The problem with diapers is that waist size alone isn't always a great indicator of fit. If I went by my waist size, I'd order the wrong diapers most of the time. When I'm feeling patient, I'll sample a couple of sizes. When I'm feeling impatient (which, admittedly, is the norm), I'll order a whole bag of a size I'm sure will be big enough, and a sample pack of the next size down.

Thankfully, for onesies, I live near enough to ABU Everett that I'm able to go there and try them on. In theory, ABU offers white onesies that you can order, try on, and then return or exchange, but they've been out of stock for over a year, so...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sealander and KittyninjaW
even mesuring i had the cutest custom onesies made and they are too tight :(

Probably measured too tight with no slack and didn't account for onsies often being 100% cotton.

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
guest said:
even mesuring i had the cutest custom onesies made and they are too tight :(
i suggest not using skin tight measurements and if between sizes like I said size up. You should give yourself like 2 inches of breathing room.

Cottontail said:
With diapers, unfortunately, I have to blame the manufacturers. Most diapers are provided with only a waist size, and most of us know our waist sizes. We don't need to measure. The problem with diapers is that waist size alone isn't always a great indicator of fit. If I went by my waist size, I'd order the wrong diapers most of the time. When I'm feeling patient, I'll sample a couple of sizes. When I'm feeling impatient (which, admittedly, is the norm), I'll order a whole bag of a size I'm sure will be big enough, and a sample pack of the next size down.

Thankfully, for onesies, I live near enough to ABU Everett that I'm able to go there and try them on. In theory, ABU offers white onesies that you can order, try on, and then return or exchange, but they've been out of stock for over a year, so...
I'm afab and have a big butt and stomach that don't match sizes. For me I usually just go with the biggest size. Tho I know not all brands will have my size. With a 44 inch wasit and a 46 inch butt my sizing isn't as bad as some other afabs I know. It's best to find both sizes and go with the biggest one to give yourself breathing room. Tho if you're like me and can't put diapers over your stomach use beltline or butt measurement. And tape while standing up on a wall if your diaper goes over your stomach if not do it laying down or on a wall.

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:
ABU offers white onesies that you can order, try on, and then return or exchange,
I never understood this. I mean besides the color, what's the difference between them?

Last edited:
Nowididit said:
I never understood this. I mean besides the color, what's the difference between them?
Hopefully nothing. White is the least expensive option, so it makes sense that they’d use white as the semi-disposable option. I mean… I assume they don’t resell pre-worn onesies, but I guess if you were going to bleach and resell them, white would be perfect for that too! :oops: Well, let’s hope not.

• Wow
Reactions: weemouse
I agree highly. Additionally, most places that sell AB stuff are forthcoming with their clothing's fit measurements but there are two concerns:
  • One vendor's L may be another's M, even if the numbers are identical. Chinese-made AB clothing is frequently big on this, they tend to run small-ish;
  • Sometimes, some vendors will use both inches & cms to show their sizes' ranges. More often, they will use only one standard. If you're used to cms and see inches, multiply the numbers by 2.5; if you're used to inches and see cms, multiply the numbers by 0.4. If the vendor shows letters (S, M, L, etc.) but no numbers, ask them...and if they stonewall you, pass 'em up.
The best thing to do is know all the numbers of your size...take all your measurements! And keep 'em handy on a card. You'll be glad ya did.

Generally, I wear a Large; I ordered a Big Tots romper once, thought the size coding was identical...I was wrong. Too small! And no returns, so I have a "Large" Big Tots romper to sell (fits Medium folk) and bought an XL one to replace it. Perfect. And so, for me being a Large, Big Tots runs a size small; My Binkies and Bows runs true.

Hope that helps some! And have a Dandy Diaper Day! 🥳🥰

Last edited:
My advice,

If you finally find something that fit you very well...

ORDER A BUNCH OF IT.

Because it might become unavailable, or out of stock, or discontinued....

And then you'll have to go through the whole process again...

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps and DLYUL
BobbiSueEllen said:
I agree highly. Additionally, most places that sell AB stuff are forthcoming with their clothing's fit measurements but there are two concerns:
  • One vendor's L may be another's M, even if the numbers are identical. Chinese-made AB clothing is frequently big on this, they tend to run small-ish;
  • Sometimes, some vendors will use both inches & cms to show their sizes' ranges. More often, they will use only one standard. If you're used to cms and see inches, multiply the numbers by 2.5; if you're used to inches and see cms, multiply the numbers by 0.4. If the vendor shows letters (S, M, L, etc.) but no numbers, ask them...and if they stonewall you, pass 'em up.
The best thing to do is know all the numbers of your size...take all your measurements! And keep 'em handy on a card. You'll be glad ya did.

Generally, I wear a Large; I ordered a Big Tots romper once, thought the size coding was identical...I was wrong. Too small! And no returns, so I have a "Large" Big Tots romper to sell (fits Medium folk) and bought an XL one to replace it. Perfect. And so, for me being a Large, Big Tots runs a size small; My Binkies and Bows runs true.

Hope that helps some! And have a Dandy Diaper Day! 🥳🥰
I had that happen with a bigtots onesie because I didn't read the measurements properly lol luckily it was just one size too big but it still fit as a oversized onesie. And I take my measurements once a month to be sure they're all consistant. Chest, waist, stomach, hips and thighs. I got them all noted down!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
diapeybabybrian said:
My advice,

If you finally find something that fit you very well...

ORDER A BUNCH OF IT.

Because it might become unavailable, or out of stock, or discontinued....

And then you'll have to go through the whole process again...
I wish I did that when Space became discontiuned oof

I think the biggest difficulty is most places you go shopping (in a store) you often know your size and it is generally universal. It’s only when you go online, throw in a bunch of Eastern suppliers, some of whom do and some who don’t adjust sizes for us in the west alongside an expectation we’ve become accustomed to when shopping in stores and for clothing which is abnormal against what we are used to buying in stores. It can become a recipe for disaster especially when items are custom made as well! It is worth measuring and using size guides if you are purchasing things or from places you aren’t familiar with especially if it’ll be dispatched from another country.

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps and BobbiSueEllen
WoollyAndJoshy said:
I think the biggest difficulty is most places you go shopping (in a store) you often know your size and it is generally universal. It’s only when you go online, throw in a bunch of Eastern suppliers, some of whom do and some who don’t adjust sizes for us in the west alongside an expectation we’ve become accustomed to when shopping in stores and for clothing which is abnormal against what we are used to buying in stores. It can become a recipe for disaster especially when items are custom made as well! It is worth measuring and using size guides if you are purchasing things or from places you aren’t familiar with especially if it’ll be dispatched from another country.
I do wish there was a way to test fit stuff you find online but sadly you just gotta measure and hope for the best sometimes. But it does help to go bigger instead of smaller when it comes to sizing if you're unsure. It's easier to fix something bigger than something smaller.

Demonbabywearspamps said:
I do wish there was a way to test fit stuff you find online but sadly you just gotta measure and hope for the best sometimes. But it does help to go bigger instead of smaller when it comes to sizing if you're unsure. It's easier to fix something bigger than something smaller.
Well, some of us have made the mistake of wrong sizing a time or two...udder'n dat, I've been lucky. Dresses, nighties, diaper covers, rompers, onesies, regular & lap-shoulder tees...so far, so good.

The best way is to know your measurements and your degree of fit (tight, loose, in-between), then see what the clothesmaker/vendor lists. You really can't go by S, M, L or XL anymore due to various factors...including place of manufacture. 🫢:cry:

Oh, an' dat goes for diapers, too 🤭🥰

If you are trying new diapers order a 2 pack sample pack in the size you think will fit. If they work well, then order that bag or case.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Well, some of us have made the mistake of wrong sizing a time or two...udder'n dat, I've been lucky. Dresses, nighties, diaper covers, rompers, onesies, regular & lap-shoulder tees...so far, so good.

The best way is to know your measurements and your degree of fit (tight, loose, in-between), then see what the clothesmaker/vendor lists. You really can't go by S, M, L or XL anymore due to various factors...including place of manufacture. 🫢:cry:

Oh, an' dat goes for diapers, too 🤭🥰
I have that too. i've been looking for more abdl dresses and rompers. Its kinda hard to find ones that fit but also look cute and not too girly when i'm in the mood at least. like solid colors are cute. just a matter of finding what fits without having to go custom

• Love
Back