Proud

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I think you all should have credit that most of us here - have all learned to diaper ourselves . Most people go to school for years to become nurses and CNAs . We all have knowledge that the regular person does not have . Who agrees with me ?

• Haha
Reactions: fleckothefennec, Jr2012, PDIAPER215 and 3 others
I agree there is an "art" to getting the fit just perfect on one's Nappy either cloth or disposable and it took me ages to get my night wear just perfect.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Jr2012
Yeah... that knowledge, has got me in awkward situations in work, both when I was a Lifeguard and a Community Carer who knew particular things about diapers 😵🤐😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: littledub1955, Fiammaverde, iluvdps2 and 1 other person
Iroh said:
Yeah... that knowledge, has got me in awkward situations in work, both when I was a Lifeguard and a Community Carer who knew particular things about diapers 😵🤐😁
I am always careful to not let on how much I know about diapers, in any setting I'm in. I usually just stay quiet, keep my mouth shut.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976, fleckothefennec and iluvdps2
Iroh said:
I think your stories deserve to be shared, lol.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
iluvdps2 said:
I think your stories deserve to be shared, lol.
I second iluvdps2! Let's hear a lifeguard story!
Pretty Please 🙏 ☺️..

Iroh said:
Go onnn ! Spill the beans! 😊😊

That made me super-curious!

Last edited:
TigerDL said:
I am always careful to not let on how much I know about diapers, in any setting I'm in. I usually just stay quiet, keep my mouth shut.
Yeah, thats now the norm, or a pre-planned excuse for rapid fire questions, oh it was for this family member, or my niece did this...

The life guard one happened a couple of times, just patroling the pool and headcounts and seen children running around (thats a no no anyway on those slippery ass tiles) but with regular diapers full to the hilt with water. I've gone up to the parents just to advise them about the diapers expanding, the risk to the child sinking, the discomfort to the child, the pool if it bursts and sap goes in the filters and bigger issues with #2's. We didn't sell little swimmers or splash about swim nappies but I recommended them and the parents were like "oh your really knowlagable about that" and I'm like sheeet. Like some of those details are well known, but not about the discomfort and weight thing, like how would I know that :rolleyes::D

Rather hypocritically I've swam while padded, but have had a nappy cover on underneath my shorts to catch any sap explosion, I know it works after "experimenting" in the shower 😄

The carer one was a one off, I was talking to a colleague about a patient with their next of kin, and I just said the brand that they were being supplied wasn't the best, leaked often and was relatively expensive for the amount in the pack, I said alternatives and mentioned a supplier in the town they could get them from and the tax exemption savings and my collegue looked at me weirdly. The clients next of kin however was extatic with savings and an appropriate product.

Its the pool safety ones I'll never forget, when your talking to the parent and you have that anime sweat drop go down the side of your head, in reality its actual sweat as it was 35c in the room and walking around fully clothed you wanted to melt.

Did CPR on someone in that room, sweat was teaming down me to the point I ripped my glasses off and flung down the walkway. A bystander asked my collegue (who was frozen in place) is this the victims glasses, I was like the samurai jack scotsman "Ahh No LUV, they're mine!"

Reactions: TigerDL, ParaRomeo and Kittyinpink
Iroh said:
Yeah, thats now the norm, or a pre-planned excuse for rapid fire questions, oh it was for this family member, or my niece did this...

The life guard one happened a couple of times, just patroling the pool and headcounts and seen children running around (thats a no no anyway on those slippery ass tiles) but with regular diapers full to the hilt with water. I've gone up to the parents just to advise them about the diapers expanding, the risk to the child sinking, the discomfort to the child, the pool if it bursts and sap goes in the filters and bigger issues with #2's. We didn't sell little swimmers or splash about swim nappies but I recommended them and the parents were like "oh your really knowlagable about that" and I'm like sheeet. Like some of those details are well known, but not about the discomfort and weight thing, like how would I know that :rolleyes::D

Rather hypocritically I've swam while padded, but have had a nappy cover on underneath my shorts to catch any sap explosion, I know it works after "experimenting" in the shower 😄

The carer one was a one off, I was talking to a colleague about a patient with their next of kin, and I just said the brand that they were being supplied wasn't the best, leaked often and was relatively expensive for the amount in the pack, I said alternatives and mentioned a supplier in the town they could get them from and the tax exemption savings and my collegue looked at me weirdly. The clients next of kin however was extatic with savings and an appropriate product.

Its the pool safety ones I'll never forget, when your talking to the parent and you have that anime sweat drop go down the side of your head, in reality its actual sweat as it was 35c in the room and walking around fully clothed you wanted to melt.

Did CPR on someone in that room, sweat was teaming down me to the point I ripped my glasses off and flung down the walkway. A bystander asked my collegue (who was frozen in place) is this the victims glasses, I was like the samurai jack scotsman "Ahh No LUV, they're mine!"
Thank you so much! 😊.
Samuel Jackson? Samurai anime? Great comic! Forgot the name... mmm..

Kittyinpink said:
Thank you so much! 😊.
Samuel Jackson? Samurai anime? Great comic! Forgot the name... mmm..

Nah, him! 😁
Scotsman.png

Reactions: Kittyinpink
qwertyqwerty said:
I think you all should have credit that most of us here - have all learned to diaper ourselves . Most people go to school for years to become nurses and CNAs . We all have knowledge that the regular person does not have . Who agrees with me ?
Well… I guess. But I doubt nurses and CNAs are ever taught how to diaper themselves. Surely that’s not a professional skill.

Regardless, when I’m a bedridden 90-year-only prune in a residential care facility and the nurse comes to change my diaper, I’ll be like, “I need to see that on you before I let you put it on me.”

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
I taught a registered nurse friend how to put adult diapers on so they don't leak as often. Saved them so much time on cleanups that they bought me a pack of my favorite diapers at the time. Now she curses me, because people come to her to be shown the "best technique" lol.

Reactions: TigerDL and iluvdps2
Iroh said:

Might I just suggest that if you want to avoid it seeming too awkward just say something along the lines of "oh it's something they tell us about in are life guard training refresher courses as it's been found to be a safety concern"

Reactions: TigerDL
Iroh said:
We didn't sell little swimmers or splash about swim nappies but I recommended them and the parents were like "oh your really knowlagable about that" and I'm like sheeet. Like some of those details are well known, but not about the discomfort and weight thing, like how would I know that :rolleyes::D

That's great that you go to the trouble to research information that is so helpful to your patients and their families. They don't need to know your research techniques. 😁

Iroh said:

Honestly, that knowledge isn't that awkward in those professional environments. You can just put it down to 'past experience' at work.
Hardly anyone would think that the 'past experience' would involve diapering yourself. If in doubt, pass off your knowledge as things you learned from other people on the job...

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

qwertyqwerty said:

I always found fascinating how hard it was to master taping up diapers to get the best fit... and how exciting it was for me to finally find out how to tape on the diaper properly :LOL:

100% agree that the thing isn't as easy as it looks! But I it's so fun to scold "diaper newbies" for their poor tapejobs whenever I RP as a teacher 😝

Reactions: Limabean
SuperMaidRavi said:
I always found fascinating how hard it was to master taping up diapers to get the best fit... and how exciting it was for me to finally find out how to tape on the diaper properly :LOL:

100% agree that the thing isn't as easy as it looks! But I it's so fun to scold "diaper newbies" for their poor tapejobs whenever I RP as a teacher 😝
I'm a bit jealous of you and the fact that you have a community big enough to have little ones and newbies that you are helping diaper!

SisterOlive said:
I taught a registered nurse friend how to put adult diapers on so they don't leak as often. Saved them so much time on cleanups that they bought me a pack of my favorite diapers at the time. Now she curses me, because people come to her to be shown the "best technique" lol.
Did you teach her by showing her or just describing it? There has to be more to this story, lol.

Back