Protection VS. DL

Diaperman95 said:
Prefer the plastic back because I have yet to find a cloth back that stays tight on a active person. That and when they loosen they always leak and the backing gets wet and I end up with a rash inside my legs from it rubbing. But I also do like the softness of the plastic too. I don't hear well enough to worry about a crinkle. LOL
I prefer the cloth-backed diapers for comfort, which work fine for overnight. But I have to agree that the plastic-backed are the only ones that stay tight and are trustworthy enough for potential F-IC during the day. I'm learning to like them.

Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955 and Pino
blissfullyquirky said:
I’m not IC, but I suffer from IBS, and I often wear diapers just for my peace of mind. Years ago, I used public transportation to work, and I was stuck without a toilet for more than an hour some days. Sometimes I panicked all the way home that I was going to have an accident. It was once so bad that I couldn't get home in time and I actually pooped my pants as I opened the front door. After that, I started putting on diapers in the bathroom at work for the way home. It was very nice to be able to enjoy the journey home without worrying about messing myself.

I don't commute anymore, but I still wear diapers when my IBS is bothering me and I have to leave the house and I won't have easy access to a toilet. I've only had a few IBS accidents in my diapers, but it's not a big deal because diapers are for that. Even though it’s been a rare occurrence, I’d rather wear a diaper than obsess about what might happen.

I don’t think liking diapers because they make you feel safe and secure automatically makes you a DL. When I wear diapers for that reason it’s a different feeling than when I wear them for fun.
That getting you at the front door has been the story of my life lately.
sport1 said:
I also have some ibs problems and diapers are a saver.
Small price to pay for piece of mind Peace of mind.

Reactions: Diprs2 and littledub1955
HappyCamper said:
Hi I am IC (nurogenic bladder), my question is,,, Because I feel secure/safe wearing a disposable brief does that make me a DL? seems that's a very thin line to walk.
If you actually enjoy nappies over using them for protection. Like different brands, patterns etc. Perhaps even sexually? Then you are likely a DL. However, if it's just a means to an end of managing your neurogenic blader then you are probably just IC.

Reactions: Diprs2 and HappyCamper
I honestly think it's more of acceptance than dl but many great replies. I don't want to repeat what others said and we all have different views and I get there can be medically ic folks who identify with other groups. But from what you explained is more a quality of life feeling safe and secure can mean protected . So I don't consider myself neither ab or dl but I have said I love diapers at times but it's in the sense of they provide me with a quality of life and allow me to live that life and without quality diapers it wouldn't be possible to do what I do.

As for different diapers like prints and colors I prefer solid colors but mainly wear all white and have used the non-babyish prints(when I got amazing deals for special use because of the absorbency) I view like regular underwear everyone has their opinion or preferences and everyone wears different colors and prints of underwear and diapers are special underwear so wear what your comfortable with but even than I wouldn't consider a person a DL because I know some parents with special needs teens(mentally delayed) that used crinkles because they look like underwear for kids and teens but that doesn't make them a DL. Also on the topic of disabilities and special needs there is a huge difference between requiring help or needing help because of a disability vs roleplaying, so if you have a disability and need help you can be appreciative of the help but not be in a subcategory ie like when I first became paralyzed I had full care it sucked to be changed and cared for but I appreciated the help I didn't enjoy it but needed to be done & to this day if I can do it on my own I will.

Reactions: Pino and CheshireCat
Back