Protection VS. DL

HappyCamper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi I am IC (nurogenic bladder), my question is,,, Because I feel secure/safe wearing a disposable brief does that make me a DL? seems that's a very thin line to walk.

Reactions: Diprs2
Not in my opinion. You could get that effect from different clothing too and not have a per se clothing kink either. If you get off on wearing diapers, then probably yeah.

Reactions: Diprs2
HappyCamper said:
Hi I am IC (nurogenic bladder), my question is,,, Because I feel secure/safe wearing a disposable brief does that make me a DL? seems that's a very thin line to walk.
I wear disposable diapers to control my incontinence and that doesn’t mean I’m a DL, I even have ventured into some prints in that I like a different look than the boring hohum white diapers and if that makes me a DL than I’m totally fine with that. Diapers allow me to live a confident life I don’t wear because I love them I wear out of need and like something different than a plain white diaper all the time

Reactions: Diprs2, chuck and HappyCamper
No more than getting a speeding ticket makes you a race car driver.

I have a neurogenic bladder as well.

Feeling secure is a good thing, especially when one is dealing with a neurogenic bladder.

Reactions: Diprs2, ParaRomeo, slimjiminy and 2 others
Thank you for all your replies it does help...

CheshireCat said:
No more than getting a speeding ticket makes you a race car driver.

I have a neurogenic bladder as well.

Feeling secure is a good thing, especially when one is dealing with a neurogenic bladder.
I have neurogenic Bladder from spinal arthritis as well, having a secure feeling is paramount I Wear 24/7 don't feel like Peeing myself I Wear out of medical need I wear plain white BetterDry.

Reactions: Diprs2, surprise35 and HappyCamper
Babykisakitten said:
I have neurogenic Bladder from spinal arthritis as well, having a secure feeling is paramount I Wear 24/7 don't feel like Peeing myself I Wear out of medical need I wear plain white BetterDry.
That is also what I wear,,, BetterDry, Thanks your opinion means alot.

Reactions: Diprs2, surprise35 and BABYTIGERCUB
HappyCamper said:
Even sexual stuff aside, from my perspective, it doesn't sound like it.

I get feelings of safety and security too, but it's satisfying some obsession in my head, not really any physical need.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and littledub1955
Bearcatz said:
Even sexual stuff aside, from my perspective, it doesn't sound like it.

I get feelings of safety and security too, but it's satisfying some obsession in my head, not really any physical need.
Thank you for your input...

I'm incontinent and depend on diapers for protection for my uncontrollable wetting. I've also been a bed wetter almost all my life and have worn diapers at night for it. I need to wear 24/7 and I also absolutely love wearing and wetting diapers. I guess I'm one of the few that wears for protection and for pleasure. I try not to overthink it, works for me.

• Love
I feel like I totally understand your question. I have some incontinence from spinal cysts, but can usually get away without protection and yet it’s so reassuring not to worry about the remote chance of a leak that my overall anxiety is less.

Reactions: Diprs2 and HappyCamper
I would agree with what is being said. The safety and security you get from wearing is from the relief of knowing you are not going to have an accident. Something that would be potentially very embarrassing and lead to a mess that needs to be clean up. It is a very real visible concern that is most easily avoided by wearing protection. DL's wear a diaper because it brings them enjoyment. It can also relieve some anxiety and bring comfort for life's problems. However it is the act of wearing that brings that comfort not the security of wearing like it is for you. To make it more relatable most of us feel safe and secure wearing a seatbelt while riding in car. To not wear one brings the anxiety of serious injury or potentially dying in the event of an accident. However, if I am feeling stressed with work, family, or life in general, getting buckled up is not going to relieve that stress for me. Wearing a diaper however would help with those things for me.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955, ChrisK and 2 others
Thank you for your kind words and opinions...:)

Because I'm totally incontinent I wear for protection but that doesn't mean I don't like wearing diapers before the surgery I was a DL which I think helped me to adjust to wearing full time

Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955, HappyCamper and 1 other person
Well I have had this own conversation with myself about this time last year. I have even explained why I love diapers and feel thatit does make me a DL in my own way but not like many here.
Anyone who has had a issues with bladder or their bowel being over active or leaking understands the stress of living like that. My bladder spasm's are so hard it is so painful many or most days and running to a restroom would not even be a option if I could hold it. So to me Diapers give me a since of security like nothing else. I would not do anything but set at home next to my toilet if not for them. I would of missed out on life that I have lived and will live so very very much . I mean sure it sucks to have to buy them every month and they are not cheap, It really would be awesome to go a week or two without them just for old time sakes and to use real underwear. But if I was to some how be able to hold it and not have urges and spills I would be worried the entire time it is going to happen and everyone will see or I will have to change clothes at best case. That is not a life at all to worry 24/7. I do not care what the reason incontinence or stress or anything else it has a very negitive impact on our lives and health. The Stigma out there tell us we should be embarrassed to need diapers but the truth is we are lucky that we have theses products and have them work as well as they do. I remember before when they really did suck but even then they was better than nothing. We just had to change way more often then now and a leak was not a matter of if it happened but when. But Now If I have a diaper leak most the time it is because I waited to long to change. In fact the ABDL industry has done nothing but improved diapers for all of us including the ones that really do have to have them. I mean I do not buy printed diapers and never will but companies like Northshore and others realized that the rest of this group had a better mouse trap and we are all better off.

So I say feel good about the fact you have theses products to ease the stress in life. Do not feel bad if that makes you proud to say you love diapers. If I had to have my legs removed tomorrow I would learn to love a wheelchair too. It all is about attitude and what you make out of life. A diaper is just a medical devise to make your life easier.

Best wishes and I hope it makes you see it from a different light.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955, HappyCamper and 3 others
Perhaps this kind of thought may happen to many U-IC folks, i personally realized that i do prefer the plastic back diapers, because i like the crinkle and feeling somehow. I feel ashamed about it a little, but i think it is just some memories deep down, i am a seventies child and my mother was "very modern" and used the new disposable Pampers back in the days.

I would not call myself a DL because of it, even i got used to them very fast.

Fact is, the diapers took and take stress from me. This is something a lot of DL say about them either, i think.

Pino said:
Perhaps this kind of thought may happen to many U-IC folks, i personally realized that i do prefer the plastic back diapers, because i like the crinkle and feeling somehow. I feel ashamed about it a little, but i think it is just some memories deep down, i am a seventies child and my mother was "very modern" and used the new disposable Pampers back in the days.

I would not call myself a DL because of it, even i got used to them very fast.

Fact is, the diapers took and take stress from me. This is something a lot of DL say about them either, i think.
Prefer the plastic back because I have yet to find a cloth back that stays tight on a active person. That and when they loosen they always leak and the backing gets wet and I end up with a rash inside my legs from it rubbing. But I also do like the softness of the plastic too. I don't hear well enough to worry about a crinkle. LOL

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, HappyCamper and 1 other person
I've been in them for over 30yrs.I'am not a DL but have become conformably in them.

Reactions: Diprs2, HappyCamper and Diaperman95
I’m not IC, but I suffer from IBS, and I often wear diapers just for my peace of mind. Years ago, I used public transportation to work, and I was stuck without a toilet for more than an hour some days. Sometimes I panicked all the way home that I was going to have an accident. It was once so bad that I couldn't get home in time and I actually pooped my pants as I opened the front door. After that, I started putting on diapers in the bathroom at work for the way home. It was very nice to be able to enjoy the journey home without worrying about messing myself.

I don't commute anymore, but I still wear diapers when my IBS is bothering me and I have to leave the house and I won't have easy access to a toilet. I've only had a few IBS accidents in my diapers, but it's not a big deal because diapers are for that. Even though it’s been a rare occurrence, I’d rather wear a diaper than obsess about what might happen.

I don’t think liking diapers because they make you feel safe and secure automatically makes you a DL. When I wear diapers for that reason it’s a different feeling than when I wear them for fun.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, HappyCamper and sport1
blissfullyquirky said:
I’m not IC, but I suffer from IBS, and I often wear diapers just for my peace of mind. Years ago, I used public transportation to work, and I was stuck without a toilet for more than an hour some days. Sometimes I panicked all the way home that I was going to have an accident. It was once so bad that I couldn't get home in time and I actually pooped my pants as I opened the front door. After that, I started putting on diapers in the bathroom at work for the way home. It was very nice to be able to enjoy the journey home without worrying about messing myself.

I don't commute anymore, but I still wear diapers when my IBS is bothering me and I have to leave the house and I won't have easy access to a toilet. I've only had a few IBS accidents in my diapers, but it's not a big deal because diapers are for that. Even though it’s been a rare occurrence, I’d rather wear a diaper than obsess about what might happen.

I don’t think liking diapers because they make you feel safe and secure automatically makes you a DL. When I wear diapers for that reason it’s a different feeling than when I wear them for fun.
I also have some ibs problems and diapers are a saver.

Reactions: Diprs2, HappyCamper and DiaperedTeddyBear
Back