Problem with tapes overlapping

Etienne

Alive
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hi!
So ever since i tried my first adult diaper over a year ago, i've had trouble with my tape job: the top tapes always overlap.
I've tried several diapers from different brands both size M and S (which seem very rare for some reason) and the same problem was always there!

Everytime I see a picture of someone wearing, their tape job looks so perfect and it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong or is it just some anatomy bullcrap?
Any tip is appreciated! :)

You may need ''youth'' size.

Inclined to agree with al. If you've tried multiple sizes and brands with same result you have to look at your own dimensions. Im a 30 waist which is sort of middled between small and medium in most diapers. I found by most comfort and best fit in a medium. I use crinklz and betterdry without an overlap issue or concerns about leaks.

Reactions: Diaperedlife13, abdl86 and BigAl2
It’s all part of trial and errors til you find the best fit for certain brand of diapers. As for me, mediums- the tapes barely reach the front wings so large is perfect for me.

Reactions: BigAl2 and DamianTheAngel
Etienne said:
Hi!
So ever since i tried my first adult diaper over a year ago, i've had trouble with my tape job: the top tapes always overlap.
I've tried several diapers from different brands both size M and S (which seem very rare for some reason) and the same problem was always there!

Everytime I see a picture of someone wearing, their tape job looks so perfect and it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong or is it just some anatomy bullcrap?
Try taping the bottom tapes near the top of the diaper and the top tapes down further. They overlay each other. E.g. Top tape overlaps the bottom tape. Thats if you tape the bottom first.

Turns out trial and error was the key!
I got a sample of Rearz Daydream Small and they're a perfect fit!
Luckily, the website i use lets you order single diapers, I just wish there were more abdl diapers in small size.

Reactions: BigAl2
Etienne said:
Turns out trial and error was the key!
I got a sample of Rearz Daydream Small and they're a perfect fit!
Luckily, the website i use lets you order single diapers, I just wish there were more abdl diapers in small size.
Glad you found something!

Reactions: Etienne
Etienne said:
Hi!

glad you got this figured out but just posting this info for others.

Not all size smalls are real smalls. For example megamaxs are more of a smedium. Luckily they do sell a youth megamax which would probably work well for you.

And if you bought small from ABU they converted the smediums to be under the label of small, so again, not really a true small.
Its the best compromise solution they could do instead of just alienating us completely, so I do appreciate the effort.

I haven't tried the rearz daydreams yet, I am probably gonna test out incontrols smalls though. Been looking for a plastic backed small in a decent price range that is still premium.

Reactions: Etienne
You should always measure your waist and carefully check the size chart. This goes for any type of clothing, but especially for diapers and waterproof pants.

If your waist or hips are right in the middle then you’ve hit the sweet spot. If you are in the lower end, you might want to size down. Conversely, size up if you are on the higher end. Finally, never buy a lot of diapers until you’ve found they fit you well.

The top tapes on Megamax mediums overlap on me so I need smalls in that diaper. Most other diapers I wear a medium. Waist size is 31/32. You are right though there are not a lot of options in the small, x-small, and youth size categories.

One final note, you will get the best fit by taping the bottom tapes first. Depending on your hip size they could go straight across, slightly up, or slightly down. Then tape the top tape’s across your waist and slightly down. The Incontrol diapers I use have a nifty tape guide on the front panel. I don’t really need it because I’ve been wearing diapers for many decades, but it makes hitting the right spot with the tapes almost effortless.

Back