Price Comparison Chart

TexHagrid

Keeper of the Keys
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Made a chart of the prices of some popular diapers. Price per pack & price per diaper. Prices represented are for one bag/pack, size Medium. Note that packs vary from 8 to 15 diapers each, depending on the brand. Prices as of March 26, 2023.

I apologize for the terrible photo. (I had a reason for taking a picture of my screen, instead of just doing a screen shot. I promise. Then the forum made me reduce the file size a LOT.)

3D36E015-9724-4CD8-8E3E-EF2CCA87227F.jpeg

Reactions: TigerDL, Ceary, Seasonedcitizen and 4 others
Those prices sound very accurate.

Why not case prices?

Reactions: PaddedMI
Very good. Very good. You might have to update every month though because prices are bound to jump.

Reactions: TigerDL and Jorelaxed
BunnyFofo said:
Why not case prices?
I keep a spreadsheet on cost per diaper for cases. I also factor in discounts, shipping, and taxes for a true cost.

Reactions: TigerDL and Seasonedcitizen
Its pretty darn close what I pay !!

Some of those costs are outrageous! I’m all about value for the cost and for someone that uses let’s say 6 diapers per day, then discarded, that’s crazy expensive!
That’s one of the reasons I’ve stayed with cloth over the years. That’s not to say that disposables don’t have a place in my life.

@Ellyn yea the prices are nuts
abdl diapers are very much out of my budget. I tried cloth didn't work for me
My Abena L4 are partially covered by insurance but the overall retail price of decent / semi decent adult diapers are insane

How many diapers come in the packs

SparkyDog said:
@Ellyn yea the prices are nuts
abdl diapers are very much out of my budget. I tried cloth didn't work for me
My Abena L4 are partially covered by insurance but the overall retail price of decent / semi decent adult diapers are insane
The worst part is when you take an expensive disposable and insert a disposable booster!!!! The combo cost is CRAZY!
When I’m on vacation and on other occasions where cloth isn’t practical, I use a cheaper drugstore medical diaper like Attends (I hate Depends!) and fold one of those microfiber towels from Sams or Costco automotive area into 1/3s and place it in the diaper. They are easily washed and dried or cheap enough to discard. Interestingly, they don’t seem to shift or bunch inside the diaper. Because of the poor overall quality, the diaper itself, it is often prone to breaking down (bunching) which is a pet peeve for me…

Reactions: Zeke and SparkyDog
Ellyn said:
Some of those costs are outrageous! I’m all about value for the cost and for someone that uses let’s say 6 diapers per day, then discarded, that’s crazy expensive!
That’s one of the reasons I’ve stayed with cloth over the years. That’s not to say that disposables don’t have a place in my life.
Cost is one of the main reasons cloth diapers have been my primary source of containment as well. You can estimate accurately and control your costs for the life of your cloth diapers. Although they’re subject to the same inflationary price increases as disposables it only becomes a factor every few years when cloth diapers need to be replaced. I’m sure that my use of cloth has is at least in part due to them being used by my parents on me, them being used by my wife and I on our children, and my lifelong affinity for plastic pants which are a necessity for cloth diapering. The price increases for disposables has led to me using cloth in more situations where I’m away from home, but having experienced the inflation of the late ‘70s under the Carter administration I don’t expect this round to end soon so viva la cloth.

Last edited:
Back