SmolPupprrito

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So i have finally found the nappies i wore as a toddler for sale, ordered 2 of them and will hopefully have them arrive soon.

However, fingers crossed when they get here they are in very good condition and havnt deteriorated

I wanna keep them in the best condition possible, while still being able to see them through like a picture frame or cabinet or something

Does anyone who collects vintage nappies have advice for me to keep them in the bestest condition for many years to come?

if it helps they are plastic backed Huggies from late 80's/early 90's plain white outer with a little printed landing strip for the tapes, will never be worn or anything purely bought for display and nostalgic value ( will take pictures of them once they arrive next week)

Last edited:
SmolPupprrito said:
So i have finally found the nappies i wore as a toddler for sale, ordered 2 of them and will hopefully have them arrive soon.

However, fingers crossed when they get here they are in very good condition and havnt deteriorated

I wanna keep them in the best condition possible, while still being able to see them through like a picture frame or cabinet or something

Does anyone who collects vintage nappies have advice for me to keep them in the bestest condition for many years to come?

if it helps they are plastic backed Huggies from late 80's/early 90's plain white outer with a little printed landing strip for the tapes, will never be worn or anything purely bought for display and nostalgic value ( will take pictures of them once they arrive next week)
Possibly gallon ZipLock bags. Put the diaper in the bag place a straw at the corner and zip closed to the straw. Using the straw suck as much air out as possible, pull the straw out with your mouth sealing the bag simultaneously.
If you got one of those food sealing machines those would work too.

Reactions: SmolPupprrito
If you decide to place them in a frame or cabinet, I suggest that you get some small desiccant or silica gel packs to place with them. This will help preserve them.

How about one of them vacuum sealed food storage kitchen utensil. It pulls the air out of them storage bags. Sorry can't recall the real name if them !!!

Thank you all for the suggestions!
I do like the idea of vaccum sealing, but i worry that if i do it too tight, it will squish and damage them, and from my experience vaccum sealing in food prep, there isnt much room for error without a very good machine

My main concern is the colours being tainted or the nappies swelling due to moisture, i'm not worried about sunlight as it will be stored in my closet for display not on a wall exposed to UV rays or excessive heat

Will however look more into vacuum sealing and or silica bags ^.^

Back