Preemie Baby’s into Adulthood

JeriHfoley18

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Finally figuring out what could be “the causes” of the past 5-6 years.. I knew I was a preemie, but 64 days early and I’m convinced my mother, she drank and smoked the entire time. No records, only that I was 3lbs losing weight failing tests and I wonder, how much affect it has on me now?

Recently, I stick to diapers. Been obsessed with finding the “why” for years and being “discrete” like I’m a criminal hiding drugs, to hell with that lifestyle.. I’m only 38, feel 75 but I’m going to live my best life possible.

Other factors, that led to incontinence.. Iraq, BPH, parasympathetic nervous system deregulated as a mf, alcohol (sober 120 days now!) and diabetic neuropathy's. I won’t lie, at this point and after multiple meds, scopes, ultrasounds, journals, different opinions..

I’m done. Not gonna set up a crib and lay in bed forever and have my wife change me, hell to that. But I am wearing whatever’s necessary with no fcks given.

Semper fi

Reactions: Edgewater
Hello from a fellow life long IC
different reasons but same road

Nothing wrong with wearing protection to keep your clothes & bed dry
Congrats on the sober streak!

Reactions: Edgewater and slimjiminy
yup, I am also a preemie. Born three months early at a pound and a half. I’m lucky to be alive. Spent the first year in the hospital and I also think that I was out of diapers later anyways. Can kind of remember having accidents when I was younger. This lead to the one very big thing I remember happening at seven when I got put back into Diapers. Just solidified the thought of just being in Diapers would be way easier. Later on in the next 15 years or so I had plenty of experiences to confirm this, because I think I always had a weak bladder, and had plenty of situations where I had wished I was wearing diapers , because of very close calls or outright accident. So while Diapers for me started out as a just in case kind of thing, and what I thought was more of a DL kind of thing. It is more in the past eight years or so where things changed quite a bit for me. One thing was losing a lot more vision which greatly hindered my mobility and able to figure out where bathrooms are. This is not a great combination when you have anxiety over having accidents while you’re out and about. then also I started taking pills for a type two diabetes which at this point is still well managed with pills and stuff but I think I am slowly having bladder issues anyways. In that kind of thing. And then mix this with the fact that one of my pills is meant to make me piss a lot more , and metformin makes it possible for me to have the other kind of accidents and that’s just set you up for figuring that being Diapers is 24/7 it’s just way better of a situation. so, like everybody else in society is figuring out a great many disabilities are on a spectrum, but most everybody just assumes the two extremes, but like vision impairment, there’s a vast distance of in between, with being in a continent and needing Diapers, and I am very much at the very beginning of this with The just for convenience/ just starting to have issues. I still think that the justification for being in Diapers 24/7 even at this stage is definitely legit. because the one thing it definitely helps out with 100% of the time is taking away the uncertainty and allowing me to go through my life more stress-free.

Reactions: JeriHfoley18
I have been 24/7, U-IC for 45 years and have long ago come to accept that wearing diapers is part of my life.

Finding comfort is clearly part of the process of acceptance. That said, the greater the number of causes will not make it any more acceptable, but likely more understandable. In reality, regardless of what society currently believes has little to do with our personal acceptance of having to wear. Everyday, you need to wake-up to the reality of being IC and accepting yourself and what you need to wear to safety be out and about with little to no leaks.

The transition is problematic to near all, as shifting from pads to pull-up then light diaper and onward to premium diapers requires a mental transition. Everyone handles this differently, which is understandable because each step requires acknowledgement and acceptance of bing IC.

Having a Medical Team that your trust helps greatly as you are likely faced with a continued worsening with time.

As you look back across the long history of the Incontinent Forum, you will find that as a reality, at least at this point.

Reactions: nikthewerelion, bdale and greatlake5
Back