Portable Adult Change mat

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
What should I look for in a portable reusable adult changing mat?
As going to start getting much-needed support from a support worker for personal care I am 172cm
I need help with personal care, including suppositories and lotion, and creams after baths.
TIA

Try a good, quality bed pad. You can get a large pad (all come in different sizes). I have a 3' x 4'. They work great.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Congrats sounds like your life just got a little better.🌻🙂

I don't think they make adult changing pads, but given that disability and sickness can lead to vomiting, diarrhea and urine, I think they really should.

It takes a toll on your body and definitely doesn't feel good mentally . You really don't appreciate itchy skin or messes everywhere.

Since you can't buy a product that works for you, maybe you can ask someone to make one? If you have a friend or family member with a sewing machine, it wouldn't be difficult to sew a plastic table cloth to a blanket. Then get yourself a giant plastic bag like you'd find on Amazon. Either whip your may down or fold it up for the wash.

Reactions: Jr2012, Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and 1 other person
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Try a good, quality bed pad. You can get a large pad (all come in different sizes). I have a 3' x 4'. They work great.
They have them even more bigger ~ 6' to 4'. and they are water proof. Comfortable. East to wash. Probably 30 to 50 bucks.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
I don't know for sure what does or doesn't make a good change pad, but I'm happy to share my findings with you in my search for one. Incontinence underpads will absolutely work as changing pads, but purpose-designed changing pads usually seem to incorporate some extra bit of padding for comfort, and often easily-wipable surfaces, as well. Ones for adults definitely exist, though they're certainly a rarity. Even ones that are clearly sized to be usable for adults or adolescents are often still marketed as being for babies, they just tend to be a selectable size on listings for baby pads. This is what I've found and observed so far. Forgive me, this is quite lengthy. Most of these pale in size comparison to the bed pads mentioned above, but...this is what I've found.

InControl makes extremely plush white change pads, with waterproof PEVA or PUL fabric (I forget which, and I'm pretty sure they've mentioned both in various places) on one side, ludicrously soft fleece on the other, and thick plush padding in the middle. I have some of these, and you could legitimately use these things as blankets. Rearz has what appears to be the same pad design, just with their prints added. I ordered an Alpaca one before I found the InControl ones, since the Alpaca print is reasonably subdued and not too over the top, but I actually haven't removed it from its package yet. I know Rearz is controversial, and not without reason, but...I wanted a pad, plain and simple. Interestingly, the InControl and Rearz ones are packaged and even folded differently, as though they may have come from a different manufacturer, but the actual product design really appears to be the same (again, haven't opened it yet, so not sure; life's been busy). These listings I'm linking are on Amazon, sold by D4L (Diapers 4 Life), which does ship discreetly, in my limited experience. They can be found on the respective InControl and Rearz sites, as well, and I might have seen the Rearz ones offered by My Inner Baby, too. The fleece side is supposed to be absorbent, while the waterproof fabric on the other side is supposed to keep fluids it absorbs on the absorbent side from leaking through, while also presenting an easily-wipable surface, if needed (for the Rearz ones, I believe the print is on the waterproof side). While pretty darn smooth, slippery, and soft, it is still a fabric surface, though, so...I question just how wipable it is, which is why I've also been looking at plastic pads. My personal need for changing pads for keeping things clean is limited (I mainly just want a slightly softer and cleaner surface than the floor to lie down on, rather than to keep the floor clean), so I don't yet have personal experience in how wipable they are. 28.5" X 39" for the InControl and Rearz pads. I'd say they're good for a bed or an open floor, but if you're in a small room, such as a small bathroom, they might be a little unwieldy. My other concern about them is indeed that if you're anywhere other than on a bed or the floor of a room in your own home or some other reasonably clean location, you'll probably want the wipable surface facing down, to make the pad easier to keep clean from stuff in the surrounding environment, which means you're stuck using the absorbent side, which is definitely not going to be so easy to clean, should the need arise. Again, part of why I'm looking at plastic pads. The padding that they have, though they have a ton of it, is also very compressible, probably primarily intended to be absorbent, so it won't do much to even out lumpy ground if you end up changing outdoors, such as while tent camping. Stock on all of these appears to be potentially limited. D4L has very slowly been restocking, but I'm not sure that InControl and Rearz themselves, are.

In light of that limited stock, this seems worth mentioning. Something I've recently discovered with Amazon orders for low-stock items is a tendency to receive only a portion of the items ordered, when you've ordered more than one. They eventually get shifted to "delayed," reassuring you that they'll be on their way soon enough, and that you won't be charged until it ships. They still fail to send them, even as stock levels go back up, before being quietly deleted from your orders (I had two orders vanish just this week, after hanging around in limbo for a month or so). You end up having to order them one at a time. This seems to be an Amazon issue, happening across multiple vendors, so you'll need to stay on top of it. On top of the other orders that vanished this week, I ordered four InControl pads, for myself and for IC family, and only received three, ultimately having to cancel and re-order the fourth. Contacting customer service might have worked, but I lack the time and patience for that. For those that do have the time and patience, you might want to consider that, to make sure you get the pricing that was available at the time you initially placed the order, and don't have to pay extra shipping.

InControl pad (low stock)
InControl - White - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LDWSL7Y

InControl's own page for it (on sale, but out of stock):
InControl stocks their change pads in the diapering accessories category (https://incontroldiapers.com/diapering-accessories/), which can be a little confusing, if you go looking for it in the pads category (which is for wearable pads). On the off chance they ever stock other change pad varieties, they do have a subcategory page strictly for change pads (https://incontroldiapers.com/change-pads/). It seems they put their chair pads here, too.

Rearz Alpaca:
Rearz - Alpaca - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096CM6KFZ

Rearz Dinosaur:
Rearz - Dinosaur - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SR5QVCJ

I think D4L has other Rearz pads, if that interests anyone. I believe the Rebel pattern is discontinued, along with the rest of the Rebel line, so if anyone wants that, I'd grab it sooner rather than later.

Rearz' own page for their whole line of change pads:

I've been looking at these Baby Loovi vinyl (or PEVA, they mention both; as far as I know, they're totally separate materials, but the V in PEVA, which does stand for vinyl, seems to confuse people) change pads for something that can be easily wiped down as needed (and it should be noted that they're not washable, only meant to be wiped down). They're baby changing pads, but I would consider them just barely adult-sized at 31.5" x 23.6" or 25.5", depending on the listing...I'm curious if the variations might be typos, because making two sizes that similar simply isn't economical. They're available plain with colored borders, or with prints. They do have a "quilted" texture that will at least partly inhibit the whole easy-wipe aspect (even their own demo video shows this, but that seems to be a common issue with plastic pads in general, due to various dirt-trapping shapes in seams), though that "quilting" also provides some place for very small amounts of liquid to be contained briefly, instead of just flowing off the edge of the pad. They seem like a halfway decent product, with a thin layer of foam inside to provide some (and I do mean some; very little, really) padding, though probably only enough to actually matter if you are indeed the weight of a baby. The reviews indicate that they do eventually crack after a couple years of use, as vinyl is prone to doing, and that could be troublesome. Some people say they even arrived cracked. It probably really depends on how long things have been in the warehouse, and what the conditions were there, plus batch variation for the vinyl itself. At least some of these, likely all of them, include a pouch for storing the pad, made of the same material as the pad itself, so even if you struggle to wipe it clean, at least you have a bag you can put it in that's somewhat easy to clean. In any case, if you're looking for an adult-sized plastic changing pad, this is the best/only option I've found so far, except for one plain "vegan leather" pad that's much narrower, and possibly some fancy folding ones I have down later in this post, whose materials are unclear. I ordered a two-pack, which should be arriving Thursday. We'll see what they're like.

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with blue border:
Portable Changing Pad for Home & Travel – Waterproof Reusable Extra Large Size 31.5"x23.6'' Baby Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams - Change Diaper On The Go - Unisex Boys&Girls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D571VVC

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with blue and red borders, two pack:
Portable Changing Pad Large Size 25.5”x31.5” Pack of 2 - Vinyl Waterproof Reusable Baby Changing Mats for Girls Boys - Reinforced Seams & Free Storage Bag - Change Diaper Mat - Extended Warranty 2 y https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S4LB2P9

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with yellow-green border:
Portable Changing Pad - Large Size 25.5”x31.5” - Baby Changing Pad for Boys & Girls - Waterproof Diaper Changing Pad for Travel - Wipeable Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams - Bonus Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752V11KX

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with yellow bear prints:
Changing Mat - Biggest Waterproof & Reusable Portable Changing Pad 25.5"x31.5" for Change Diaper in Any Places - Unisex Design for Girls & Boys - Reinforced Double Seams - Free Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DCMNQUI

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - blindingly bright yellow with about the most babyish print you can get ("it's a boy," "it's a girl," storks, teddy bears, bottles, pacifiers, rattles, and diaper pins):
Portable Changing Pad for Home & Travel – Waterproof Reusable Extra Large Size 31.5"x25.5'' Baby Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams -Change Diaper On The Go - Unisex Boys&Girls-Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0EU3A5

There might still be a separate listing for a red-border Baby Loovi pad, outside of the two-pack. I had to dig into Baby Loovi's storefront on Amazon and do a ton of scrolling to find all these variations. They just really don't seem to surface on Amazon, otherwise. I'm pretty sure I scrolled through everything and didn't see it, though. I also used the search function within their Amazon storefront to search for "pad," and didn't find one there, either.

On to a variety of fabric pads explicitly marketed as changing pads, primarily marketed for babies, but adult-sized. Most of these were picked for not being as overtly childish as other options, though some more childish ones made it onto this list, simply because they were the the first ones in adult sizes that I found. Some of these may just ultimately be printed incontinence underpads, with little to no extra padding or easy-wipe surface (pretty much certain at least one of them is). Their dual marketing as crib liners, bed pads, and change pads makes it unclear at a glance for a number of these, though you can generally tell with some scrutiny. I just lack the patience to bother with that right now, on products I'm not terribly likely to buy.

Fabric pad, two pack, white stars on blue, and black and white zigzag:
Changing Pad Liners, Portable Diaper Changing Pad, Baby Changing Pad Foldable Absorbent Diaper Changing Mat for Baby Boys Girls, 3 Layers Washable Incontinence Underpads for Patient 24''x30''(2pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QHLP9K3

Fabric pad, two pack, same as previous listing, different, more childish prints (white stars on black or dark blue and dinosaurs on tan):
Diaper Changing Pads for Baby, Dinosaur Change Mat, 3 Layers Waterproof Change Pad Foldable Absorbent Mats for Women, Reusable Incontinence Underpads for Patient 24''x30'' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QHN186Q

Fabric pad, two pack, subdued animal print:
Large Baby Diaper Changing Pads Soft Cotton Bamboo Waterproof Changing Pad for Baby 27.5X37.5 inches Underpads Mattress Pad Sheet Protector Portable Reusable Urine Pad for Travel Gear 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086R2951G

Fabric pad with more obvious print, chickens, cows, trees, and fences:
Urine pad - Diaper Changing Mat -vogpo Mattress Sheet Protector, Baby Mattress, Bed Wetting Pads, Pee Pads for Kids or Adults - Washable and Reusable- Waterproof & Breathable (B: 27.5x39.3In 1pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PLMJ7B

Fabric pads, three pack, various prints
MBJERRY Waterproof Changing Pads Portable - Breathable Leak Proof Mattress Pad Protector Baby Changing Mat for Toddler, Kids Pack of 3 (XL (27.5 x 41.3 Inch)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHY6OZI

These are vinyl, polyurethane, and various other plastic pads from my list, aiming for little to no prints. Most of these are quite small, from when I was first assembling the list, but are still quite large, as baby changing pads go (I think). You may find they have some usefulness as particularly compact and portable pads. I do have others on the list that are self-contained fold-up affairs with wipe holders, diaper holders, and other accessory pouches in wings that fold out to the sides, but the pads on all those are even smaller, right at the absolute edge of usefulness to an adult. I've set aside some of the larger ones in that class, but... they're just not that large, ultimately. Decently long, but too narrow. Many of these are similar, in that respect.

Polyurethane, aka "vegan leather," subdued print, probably overpriced just because they call it vegan leather, relatively long but fairly narrow at 16" X 30":
Lila Mae Baby Changing Mat - Wipeable, Portable Changing Pad, Travel Changing Mat for Baby or Small Toddler, Easy to Fold or Roll Up - Faux Leather (Herringbone) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09315SXFV

Gray mat from a brand called Ubbi, claims to feel like a yoga mat, uses some obscurely named plasticizer called Hex moll DINCH that they say was explicitly made to be exceptionally safe compared to other materials, though it's odd to me that they explicitly mention the plasticizer, a specific ingredient in the plastic, and never the name of the actual plastic itself (probably because, ultimately, it's a pretty common and generic plastic, which doesn't lend itself well to marketing). Available with a bag for a slightly higher price. Stupidly low price, but also pretty darn small at 16" x 21":
Ubbi Folding Changing Mat, Soft and Comfortable, Easy to Clean and Carry on the go, Yoga-Mat Feel, Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFT2VCD

The mention of yoga mats reminds me, I think I've seen people mention using yoga mats as changing pads, which might be a good option for an adult-sized pad with a much more substantial amount of padding (as I mentioned earlier, even the InControl pads, while thick and well-padded, use a very compressible padding, probably primarily intended to be absorbent, that won't do much to help with lumpy ground if changing outdoors), though I'm not sure how easy they are to clean or stain-resistant they are, and I think they're generally not intended to be absorbent (unless they're designed to absorb a little sweat, maybe, just to keep from becoming slippery), and may even be porous (or in other words, impossible to fully clean). Silicone (or some other dense plastic) or a closed-cell foam (versus open-cell foam) would be what you'd want, for the sake of keeping it clean. Depending on space constraints for traveling, a yoga mat or foam pad to put under a sleeping bag (the names such pads are marketed under are variable, and they all escape me) might still be something worth putting underneath a more purpose-built change pad, just for some extra padding for comfort. There are also similar foam pads intended for naptime use in daycares and classrooms, that I can only assume are made to be easily wipable in case of accidents (they certainly should be, anyway). The ones I've seen are all pretty small, but if you can find larger ones, they might be useful, as a foam pad that's also explicitly designed to be easily cleaned after an accident.

Just because I can, here are the fancy fold-out pads with storage pockets, many of them detachable, and even a pillow on most of these, though the pillow is too low for adults. I'm including some decidedly lesser choices, just so there might still be something marginally useful left on this list, as things come and go on Amazon, if someone comes across this post down the road.

13.5"x23.5", not much else to say. Tiny. Probably the first or second one of this style that I found, and I don't even know why I'm bothering to mention it.
Portable Diaper Changing Pad by Candid Goods, Baby Changing Pad, Diaper Bag or Changing Table Pad with Smart Wipes Pocket, Lightweight & Waterproof Travel Changing Mat for Newborns (Cubs & Clouds) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097F97HKC

I just found this one, and it actually looks decent? The gear pouch is detachable, so you can have it where you want it (or even carry just the pouch or just the pad), and the fold-out wings are actually usable pad surface instead of just storage, and cover most of the pad's length (on many similar products, even if they're pad material instead of pockets, the wings really only add a place to set an object, not usable space to place a person on, as they're just too short). The pad is 31" long by 25.5" wide with the wings unfolded (11" folded/above and below the wings), and the storage pouch just might be able to actually hold an adult diaper or two. If I'm doing my math right, it has two pockets that are 8.25"x11" and 7"x11", with the larger pocket being designed to hold a pack of wipes, but still usable for other things, like diapers, because it's a pair of mesh pockets at each end that open toward the middle, instead of just a pocket with a hole for wipes to come out of. There's also a zippered pouch on there, too. It also has a shoulder strap, to use it as a diaper bag. It looks like you can mount that strap on your choice of the pouch, the pad, or the combined unit. It also comes with an insulated baby bottle bag, which isn't so useful to me, but still, I'm impressed. I've just ordered this, so we'll see what it's like when it arrives on Thursday. My only real concern is where the buckles for holding it closed will end up... A baby might not put their weight over the buckles and feel an uncomfortable lump, but an adult...perhaps. The pad is still small-ish, but I've been looking for something small that I can tuck under my bathroom sink, or slip into a backpack. Unless you leave the supply pouch attached and use it as a pillow of sorts, your head is likely to hang well off the end of the pad (probably not much of an issue for me, since I'll be looking at what I'm doing). Stock for these is low on the listing I bought from (and that listing only allows one per order), though there's another listing at a higher price that I didn't check the stock on.
Nastéri Baby Gear Extra Large Portable Baby Changing Pad with Memory Foam Pillow & Insulated Bottle Bag – Waterproof Portable Baby Changing Station for Girls & Boys - Navy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1H3Y9H4

27" long, but the wings are short and oddly shaped, seemingly intended to keep a baby's hands off the floor, and its storage is unlikely to hold an adult diaper; probably not particularly useful for an adult:
liuliuby Crossbody Diaper Clutch - Diaper Pouch, Small Diaper Bag, Wristlet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HPBR378

This is very similar to the one I was gushing about above. 27" long by 22" wide (including the wings) unfolded (11" folded), with decently long wings and a detachable pouch with four or five pockets on it (with waterproof linings on at least most of them) including a wipes pocket, and is sized such that adult diapers might (might) fit. Could stand to have a longer pad, but it's not terrible. The buckles are a potential concern, again.
Portable Changing Pad with Shoulder Strap - Detachable Travel Changing Pad - Baby Shower Gifts - Fully Padded & Lightweight - Baby Boy Gifts - Diaper Changing Pad - Changing Mat 27"x22" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HXJM4GH

Two more that I found while writing this:
Nice long pad at seemingly 31", but ultimately too narrow for my taste. The wings are just too short, limited to the upper half of the pad.
Portable Changing Pad,Baby Portable Diaper Changing Pad for Boys and Girls |Long Large Changing Pad with Wipes Pocket | Lightweight and Waterproof Travel Diaper Station Kit with Cushioned Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BYGLJXH

Very similar to the one above that came close to the Nasteri Baby one that I ordered. It looks like this design might be one of those ones being sold under multiple brands. Unsure of actual dimensions, but the 40"+ stated length includes the gear pouch, not the pad alone.
DG&Z Baby Portable Baby Changing Pad with Shoulder Strap - Foldable Diaper Changing Mat - Waterproof & Portable Baby Travel Diaper Changing Station https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3HV7HK6

Hopefully this was helpful! Sorry to drone on so long, and for the excessive use of parentheses!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and abdlnz
tomcat said:
What should I look for in a portable reusable adult changing mat?
As going to start getting much-needed support from a support worker for personal care I am 172cm
I need help with personal care, including suppositories and lotion, and creams after baths.
TIA
there are adult size washable changing pads. most medical supply companies on line or store that deal in incontinence supply should have them. if you do not mind ABDL Rearz has changing pads. i have their dino one has been holding up great

Reactions: Diprs2
DelC said:
I don't know for sure what does or doesn't make a good change pad, but I'm happy to share my findings with you in my search for one. Incontinence underpads will absolutely work as changing pads, but purpose-designed changing pads usually seem to incorporate some extra bit of padding for comfort, and often easily-wipable surfaces, as well. Ones for adults definitely exist, though they're certainly a rarity. Even ones that are clearly sized to be usable for adults or adolescents are often still marketed as being for babies, they just tend to be a selectable size on listings for baby pads. This is what I've found and observed so far. Forgive me, this is quite lengthy. Most of these pale in size comparison to the bed pads mentioned above, but...this is what I've found.

InControl makes extremely plush white change pads, with waterproof PEVA or PUL fabric (I forget which, and I'm pretty sure they've mentioned both in various places) on one side, ludicrously soft fleece on the other, and thick plush padding in the middle. I have some of these, and you could legitimately use these things as blankets. Rearz has what appears to be the same pad design, just with their prints added. I ordered an Alpaca one before I found the InControl ones, since the Alpaca print is reasonably subdued and not too over the top, but I actually haven't removed it from its package yet. I know Rearz is controversial, and not without reason, but...I wanted a pad, plain and simple. Interestingly, the InControl and Rearz ones are packaged and even folded differently, as though they may have come from a different manufacturer, but the actual product design really appears to be the same (again, haven't opened it yet, so not sure; life's been busy). These listings I'm linking are on Amazon, sold by D4L (Diapers 4 Life), which does ship discreetly, in my limited experience. They can be found on the respective InControl and Rearz sites, as well, and I might have seen the Rearz ones offered by My Inner Baby, too. The fleece side is supposed to be absorbent, while the waterproof fabric on the other side is supposed to keep fluids it absorbs on the absorbent side from leaking through, while also presenting an easily-wipable surface, if needed (for the Rearz ones, I believe the print is on the waterproof side). While pretty darn smooth, slippery, and soft, it is still a fabric surface, though, so...I question just how wipable it is, which is why I've also been looking at plastic pads. My personal need for changing pads for keeping things clean is limited (I mainly just want a slightly softer and cleaner surface than the floor to lie down on, rather than to keep the floor clean), so I don't yet have personal experience in how wipable they are. 28.5" X 39" for the InControl and Rearz pads. I'd say they're good for a bed or an open floor, but if you're in a small room, such as a small bathroom, they might be a little unwieldy. My other concern about them is indeed that if you're anywhere other than on a bed or the floor of a room in your own home or some other reasonably clean location, you'll probably want the wipable surface facing down, to make the pad easier to keep clean from stuff in the surrounding environment, which means you're stuck using the absorbent side, which is definitely not going to be so easy to clean, should the need arise. Again, part of why I'm looking at plastic pads. The padding that they have, though they have a ton of it, is also very compressible, probably primarily intended to be absorbent, so it won't do much to even out lumpy ground if you end up changing outdoors, such as while tent camping. Stock on all of these appears to be potentially limited. D4L has very slowly been restocking, but I'm not sure that InControl and Rearz themselves, are.

In light of that limited stock, this seems worth mentioning. Something I've recently discovered with Amazon orders for low-stock items is a tendency to receive only a portion of the items ordered, when you've ordered more than one. They eventually get shifted to "delayed," reassuring you that they'll be on their way soon enough, and that you won't be charged until it ships. They still fail to send them, even as stock levels go back up, before being quietly deleted from your orders (I had two orders vanish just this week, after hanging around in limbo for a month or so). You end up having to order them one at a time. This seems to be an Amazon issue, happening across multiple vendors, so you'll need to stay on top of it. On top of the other orders that vanished this week, I ordered four InControl pads, for myself and for IC family, and only received three, ultimately having to cancel and re-order the fourth. Contacting customer service might have worked, but I lack the time and patience for that. For those that do have the time and patience, you might want to consider that, to make sure you get the pricing that was available at the time you initially placed the order, and don't have to pay extra shipping.

InControl pad (low stock)
InControl - White - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LDWSL7Y

InControl's own page for it (on sale, but out of stock):
InControl stocks their change pads in the diapering accessories category (https://incontroldiapers.com/diapering-accessories/), which can be a little confusing, if you go looking for it in the pads category (which is for wearable pads). On the off chance they ever stock other change pad varieties, they do have a subcategory page strictly for change pads (https://incontroldiapers.com/change-pads/). It seems they put their chair pads here, too.

Rearz Alpaca:
Rearz - Alpaca - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096CM6KFZ

Rearz Dinosaur:
Rearz - Dinosaur - Change/Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SR5QVCJ

I think D4L has other Rearz pads, if that interests anyone. I believe the Rebel pattern is discontinued, along with the rest of the Rebel line, so if anyone wants that, I'd grab it sooner rather than later.

Rearz' own page for their whole line of change pads:

I've been looking at these Baby Loovi vinyl (or PEVA, they mention both; as far as I know, they're totally separate materials, but the V in PEVA, which does stand for vinyl, seems to confuse people) change pads for something that can be easily wiped down as needed (and it should be noted that they're not washable, only meant to be wiped down). They're baby changing pads, but I would consider them just barely adult-sized at 31.5" x 23.6" or 25.5", depending on the listing...I'm curious if the variations might be typos, because making two sizes that similar simply isn't economical. They're available plain with colored borders, or with prints. They do have a "quilted" texture that will at least partly inhibit the whole easy-wipe aspect (even their own demo video shows this, but that seems to be a common issue with plastic pads in general, due to various dirt-trapping shapes in seams), though that "quilting" also provides some place for very small amounts of liquid to be contained briefly, instead of just flowing off the edge of the pad. They seem like a halfway decent product, with a thin layer of foam inside to provide some (and I do mean some; very little, really) padding, though probably only enough to actually matter if you are indeed the weight of a baby. The reviews indicate that they do eventually crack after a couple years of use, as vinyl is prone to doing, and that could be troublesome. Some people say they even arrived cracked. It probably really depends on how long things have been in the warehouse, and what the conditions were there, plus batch variation for the vinyl itself. At least some of these, likely all of them, include a pouch for storing the pad, made of the same material as the pad itself, so even if you struggle to wipe it clean, at least you have a bag you can put it in that's somewhat easy to clean. In any case, if you're looking for an adult-sized plastic changing pad, this is the best/only option I've found so far, except for one plain "vegan leather" pad that's much narrower, and possibly some fancy folding ones I have down later in this post, whose materials are unclear. I ordered a two-pack, which should be arriving Thursday. We'll see what they're like.

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with blue border:
Portable Changing Pad for Home & Travel – Waterproof Reusable Extra Large Size 31.5"x23.6'' Baby Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams - Change Diaper On The Go - Unisex Boys&Girls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D571VVC

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with blue and red borders, two pack:
Portable Changing Pad Large Size 25.5”x31.5” Pack of 2 - Vinyl Waterproof Reusable Baby Changing Mats for Girls Boys - Reinforced Seams & Free Storage Bag - Change Diaper Mat - Extended Warranty 2 y https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S4LB2P9

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with yellow-green border:
Portable Changing Pad - Large Size 25.5”x31.5” - Baby Changing Pad for Boys & Girls - Waterproof Diaper Changing Pad for Travel - Wipeable Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams - Bonus Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752V11KX

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - white with yellow bear prints:
Changing Mat - Biggest Waterproof & Reusable Portable Changing Pad 25.5"x31.5" for Change Diaper in Any Places - Unisex Design for Girls & Boys - Reinforced Double Seams - Free Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DCMNQUI

Baby Loovi vinyl pad - blindingly bright yellow with about the most babyish print you can get ("it's a boy," "it's a girl," storks, teddy bears, bottles, pacifiers, rattles, and diaper pins):
Portable Changing Pad for Home & Travel – Waterproof Reusable Extra Large Size 31.5"x25.5'' Baby Changing Mat with Reinforced Double Seams -Change Diaper On The Go - Unisex Boys&Girls-Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0EU3A5

There might still be a separate listing for a red-border Baby Loovi pad, outside of the two-pack. I had to dig into Baby Loovi's storefront on Amazon and do a ton of scrolling to find all these variations. They just really don't seem to surface on Amazon, otherwise. I'm pretty sure I scrolled through everything and didn't see it, though. I also used the search function within their Amazon storefront to search for "pad," and didn't find one there, either.

On to a variety of fabric pads explicitly marketed as changing pads, primarily marketed for babies, but adult-sized. Most of these were picked for not being as overtly childish as other options, though some more childish ones made it onto this list, simply because they were the the first ones in adult sizes that I found. Some of these may just ultimately be printed incontinence underpads, with little to no extra padding or easy-wipe surface (pretty much certain at least one of them is). Their dual marketing as crib liners, bed pads, and change pads makes it unclear at a glance for a number of these, though you can generally tell with some scrutiny. I just lack the patience to bother with that right now, on products I'm not terribly likely to buy.

Fabric pad, two pack, white stars on blue, and black and white zigzag:
Changing Pad Liners, Portable Diaper Changing Pad, Baby Changing Pad Foldable Absorbent Diaper Changing Mat for Baby Boys Girls, 3 Layers Washable Incontinence Underpads for Patient 24''x30''(2pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QHLP9K3

Fabric pad, two pack, same as previous listing, different, more childish prints (white stars on black or dark blue and dinosaurs on tan):
Diaper Changing Pads for Baby, Dinosaur Change Mat, 3 Layers Waterproof Change Pad Foldable Absorbent Mats for Women, Reusable Incontinence Underpads for Patient 24''x30'' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QHN186Q

Fabric pad, two pack, subdued animal print:
Large Baby Diaper Changing Pads Soft Cotton Bamboo Waterproof Changing Pad for Baby 27.5X37.5 inches Underpads Mattress Pad Sheet Protector Portable Reusable Urine Pad for Travel Gear 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086R2951G

Fabric pad with more obvious print, chickens, cows, trees, and fences:
Urine pad - Diaper Changing Mat -vogpo Mattress Sheet Protector, Baby Mattress, Bed Wetting Pads, Pee Pads for Kids or Adults - Washable and Reusable- Waterproof & Breathable (B: 27.5x39.3In 1pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PLMJ7B

Fabric pads, three pack, various prints
MBJERRY Waterproof Changing Pads Portable - Breathable Leak Proof Mattress Pad Protector Baby Changing Mat for Toddler, Kids Pack of 3 (XL (27.5 x 41.3 Inch)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHY6OZI

These are vinyl, polyurethane, and various other plastic pads from my list, aiming for little to no prints. Most of these are quite small, from when I was first assembling the list, but are still quite large, as baby changing pads go (I think). You may find they have some usefulness as particularly compact and portable pads. I do have others on the list that are self-contained fold-up affairs with wipe holders, diaper holders, and other accessory pouches in wings that fold out to the sides, but the pads on all those are even smaller, right at the absolute edge of usefulness to an adult. I've set aside some of the larger ones in that class, but... they're just not that large, ultimately. Decently long, but too narrow. Many of these are similar, in that respect.

Polyurethane, aka "vegan leather," subdued print, probably overpriced just because they call it vegan leather, relatively long but fairly narrow at 16" X 30":
Lila Mae Baby Changing Mat - Wipeable, Portable Changing Pad, Travel Changing Mat for Baby or Small Toddler, Easy to Fold or Roll Up - Faux Leather (Herringbone) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09315SXFV

Gray mat from a brand called Ubbi, claims to feel like a yoga mat, uses some obscurely named plasticizer called Hex moll DINCH that they say was explicitly made to be exceptionally safe compared to other materials, though it's odd to me that they explicitly mention the plasticizer, a specific ingredient in the plastic, and never the name of the actual plastic itself (probably because, ultimately, it's a pretty common and generic plastic, which doesn't lend itself well to marketing). Available with a bag for a slightly higher price. Stupidly low price, but also pretty darn small at 16" x 21":
Ubbi Folding Changing Mat, Soft and Comfortable, Easy to Clean and Carry on the go, Yoga-Mat Feel, Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFT2VCD

The mention of yoga mats reminds me, I think I've seen people mention using yoga mats as changing pads, which might be a good option for an adult-sized pad with a much more substantial amount of padding (as I mentioned earlier, even the InControl pads, while thick and well-padded, use a very compressible padding, probably primarily intended to be absorbent, that won't do much to help with lumpy ground if changing outdoors), though I'm not sure how easy they are to clean or stain-resistant they are, and I think they're generally not intended to be absorbent (unless they're designed to absorb a little sweat, maybe, just to keep from becoming slippery), and may even be porous (or in other words, impossible to fully clean). Silicone (or some other dense plastic) or a closed-cell foam (versus open-cell foam) would be what you'd want, for the sake of keeping it clean. Depending on space constraints for traveling, a yoga mat or foam pad to put under a sleeping bag (the names such pads are marketed under are variable, and they all escape me) might still be something worth putting underneath a more purpose-built change pad, just for some extra padding for comfort. There are also similar foam pads intended for naptime use in daycares and classrooms, that I can only assume are made to be easily wipable in case of accidents (they certainly should be, anyway). The ones I've seen are all pretty small, but if you can find larger ones, they might be useful, as a foam pad that's also explicitly designed to be easily cleaned after an accident.

Just because I can, here are the fancy fold-out pads with storage pockets, many of them detachable, and even a pillow on most of these, though the pillow is too low for adults. I'm including some decidedly lesser choices, just so there might still be something marginally useful left on this list, as things come and go on Amazon, if someone comes across this post down the road.

13.5"x23.5", not much else to say. Tiny. Probably the first or second one of this style that I found, and I don't even know why I'm bothering to mention it.
Portable Diaper Changing Pad by Candid Goods, Baby Changing Pad, Diaper Bag or Changing Table Pad with Smart Wipes Pocket, Lightweight & Waterproof Travel Changing Mat for Newborns (Cubs & Clouds) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097F97HKC

I just found this one, and it actually looks decent? The gear pouch is detachable, so you can have it where you want it (or even carry just the pouch or just the pad), and the fold-out wings are actually usable pad surface instead of just storage, and cover most of the pad's length (on many similar products, even if they're pad material instead of pockets, the wings really only add a place to set an object, not usable space to place a person on, as they're just too short). The pad is 31" long by 25.5" wide with the wings unfolded (11" folded/above and below the wings), and the storage pouch just might be able to actually hold an adult diaper or two. If I'm doing my math right, it has two pockets that are 8.25"x11" and 7"x11", with the larger pocket being designed to hold a pack of wipes, but still usable for other things, like diapers, because it's a pair of mesh pockets at each end that open toward the middle, instead of just a pocket with a hole for wipes to come out of. There's also a zippered pouch on there, too. It also has a shoulder strap, to use it as a diaper bag. It looks like you can mount that strap on your choice of the pouch, the pad, or the combined unit. It also comes with an insulated baby bottle bag, which isn't so useful to me, but still, I'm impressed. I've just ordered this, so we'll see what it's like when it arrives on Thursday. My only real concern is where the buckles for holding it closed will end up... A baby might not put their weight over the buckles and feel an uncomfortable lump, but an adult...perhaps. The pad is still small-ish, but I've been looking for something small that I can tuck under my bathroom sink, or slip into a backpack. Unless you leave the supply pouch attached and use it as a pillow of sorts, your head is likely to hang well off the end of the pad (probably not much of an issue for me, since I'll be looking at what I'm doing). Stock for these is low on the listing I bought from (and that listing only allows one per order), though there's another listing at a higher price that I didn't check the stock on.
Nastéri Baby Gear Extra Large Portable Baby Changing Pad with Memory Foam Pillow & Insulated Bottle Bag – Waterproof Portable Baby Changing Station for Girls & Boys - Navy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1H3Y9H4

27" long, but the wings are short and oddly shaped, seemingly intended to keep a baby's hands off the floor, and its storage is unlikely to hold an adult diaper; probably not particularly useful for an adult:
liuliuby Crossbody Diaper Clutch - Diaper Pouch, Small Diaper Bag, Wristlet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HPBR378

This is very similar to the one I was gushing about above. 27" long by 22" wide (including the wings) unfolded (11" folded), with decently long wings and a detachable pouch with four or five pockets on it (with waterproof linings on at least most of them) including a wipes pocket, and is sized such that adult diapers might (might) fit. Could stand to have a longer pad, but it's not terrible. The buckles are a potential concern, again.
Portable Changing Pad with Shoulder Strap - Detachable Travel Changing Pad - Baby Shower Gifts - Fully Padded & Lightweight - Baby Boy Gifts - Diaper Changing Pad - Changing Mat 27"x22" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HXJM4GH

Two more that I found while writing this:
Nice long pad at seemingly 31", but ultimately too narrow for my taste. The wings are just too short, limited to the upper half of the pad.
Portable Changing Pad,Baby Portable Diaper Changing Pad for Boys and Girls |Long Large Changing Pad with Wipes Pocket | Lightweight and Waterproof Travel Diaper Station Kit with Cushioned Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BYGLJXH

Very similar to the one above that came close to the Nasteri Baby one that I ordered. It looks like this design might be one of those ones being sold under multiple brands. Unsure of actual dimensions, but the 40"+ stated length includes the gear pouch, not the pad alone.
DG&Z Baby Portable Baby Changing Pad with Shoulder Strap - Foldable Diaper Changing Mat - Waterproof & Portable Baby Travel Diaper Changing Station https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3HV7HK6

Hopefully this was helpful! Sorry to drone on so long, and for the excessive use of parentheses!
Wow thank you very much

I have a yoga mat at home but need to look for something while travelling thank you

Joeysms said:
there are adult size washable changing pads. most medical supply companies on line or store that deal in incontinence supply should have them. if you do not mind ABDL Rearz has changing pads. i have their dino one has been holding up great
Thanks I have some kylie's but was looking for vinyl for a quick wipe over

tomcat said:
Wow thank you very much

I have a yoga mat at home but need to look for something while travelling thank you
Yep! A lot of those are still pretty small, but there are certainly a few candidates there... It really comes down to how much you want room to stretch out your feet or rest your head, versus just covering the essentials, so to speak.

stareegirl said:
Congrats sounds like your life just got a little better.🌻🙂

I don't think they make adult changing pads, but given that disability and sickness can lead to vomiting, diarrhea and urine, I think they really should.

It takes a toll on your body and definitely doesn't feel good mentally . You really don't appreciate itchy skin or messes everywhere.

Since you can't buy a product that works for you, maybe you can ask someone to make one? If you have a friend or family member with a sewing machine, it wouldn't be difficult to sew a plastic table cloth to a blanket. Then get yourself a giant plastic bag like you'd find on Amazon. Either whip your may down or fold it up for the wash.
Hey stairgirl how are you doing tonight my name is Pat and I’m also an incontinent diaper lover and have been in diapers and plastic pants for my entire life 😎🧷🧷and what I use as a changing pad is actually sold as a protection pad for beds and furniture etc and available from any incontinence supplie store or medical supply store, I got mine from hdis and it wasn’t very expensive and i use it properly 4 or 5 times a day and I’ve had it for like 10 years and it is still good as new except for a few stains from changing my diapers when I have diahrea 🤭

Back