Poll on Acceptance

How did your parent/partner react to finding out/ being told about your ABDLism?

• My parents accepted it.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My parents tolerates it.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • My parents didn't accept it.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • My girlfriend/ boyfriend accepted it.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • My girlfriend/ boyfriend tolerates it.

• My girlfriend/ boyfriend didn't accept it.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • My spouse accepted it.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • My spouse tolerates it.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • My spouse didn't accept it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret240

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think this has already been done, but I couldn't find it so... yeah.

Secret240 said:
I think this has already been done, but I couldn't find it so... yeah.

You forgot close/best friends! Haha.

I'm not sure how to answer this. I've had multiple partners since discovering I liked diapers. Back when I was in the BDSM community, it was common to share kinks with new and temporary partners, sometimes just for mutual shock value. On telling those partners, I got the full spectrum of reactions, from "No thank you, and please leave the human race" to "Yes please ,and and this is my new most favorite thing".

Now that I'm out of that community, I've found that most potential partners find the idea of diapers totally disgusting. I don't come out and tell them it's something I'm in to right away. Instead, I ask them how they feel on a range of potential things to try, from the super vanilla and mundane (Like romantically holding hands in public), to the outlandish and absurd (something involving a trapeze swing, Life sized cardboard cutouts of 19th century Mexican wrestlers, and 50 gallons of J-lube). Diapers would be about middle of the list. If the partner said no to them, I'd never mention them again, but also would likely be looking for a new partner soon after.

So all my long term partners have said yes and accepted them to some degree. But for each one of those, I've screened 50 or so people who would never accept diapers. and those 50 were picked because I was screening potential partners who were more kinky and might have a more open mind.

As for parents, I would never tell them, for the same reason I would never tell them about the rest of my kinks. And for the same reason I would never ask them about theirs. I really, really, REALLY don't want to know what my parent's kinks are. Just NO.

Foxroxsox said:
Instead, I ask them how they feel on a range of potential things to try, from the super vanilla and mundane (Like romantically holding hands in public), to the outlandish and absurd (something involving a trapeze swing, Life sized cardboard cutouts of 19th century Mexican wrestlers, and 50 gallons of J-lube). Diapers would be about middle of the list. If the partner said no to them, I'd never mention them again, but also would likely be looking for a new partner soon after.

Hah, this is brilliant. I might try this if I ever seriously date someone new.

Agreed on the parents thing. That's definitely a topic that isn't even on the same continent as the table of conversation between us.

Foxroxsox said:
I'm not sure how to answer this. I've had multiple partners since discovering I liked diapers. Back when I was in the BDSM community, it was common to share kinks with new and temporary partners, sometimes just for mutual shock value. On telling those partners, I got the full spectrum of reactions, from "No thank you, and please leave the human race" to "Yes please ,and and this is my new most favorite thing".

Now that I'm out of that community, I've found that most potential partners find the idea of diapers totally disgusting. I don't come out and tell them it's something I'm in to right away. Instead, I ask them how they feel on a range of potential things to try, from the super vanilla and mundane (Like romantically holding hands in public), to the outlandish and absurd (something involving a trapeze swing, Life sized cardboard cutouts of 19th century Mexican wrestlers, and 50 gallons of J-lube). Diapers would be about middle of the list. If the partner said no to them, I'd never mention them again, but also would likely be looking for a new partner soon after.

So all my long term partners have said yes and accepted them to some degree. But for each one of those, I've screened 50 or so people who would never accept diapers. and those 50 were picked because I was screening potential partners who were more kinky and might have a more open mind.

As for parents, I would never tell them, for the same reason I would never tell them about the rest of my kinks. And for the same reason I would never ask them about theirs. I really, really, REALLY don't want to know what my parent's kinks are. Just NO.

I thihk that it is brilliant as well, but I am glad that I never had to resort to it. I can see how it would be very helpful to, "sort the wheat from the chaff" though.

- - - Updated - - -

Foxroxsox said:

I think that it is brilliant as well, but I am glad that I never had to resort to it. I can see how it would be very helpful to, "sort the wheat from the chaff" though.

It's a nice idea for a poll, but as Foxroxsox has said, it's a bit difficult to answer.

For me, my parents did not accept it, although my Mother doesn't know the full extent of my AB interests and if I check that off it doesn't give an accurate representation of how others responded to it. When it comes to friends and romantic partners, I've had nothing but acceptance.

Maybe making separate polls, one for the parents question and another for the partners question, would get more direct results, especially when you consider that many people usually tell one, but not the other.

I’ve needed diapers on and off for quite some time, so I was able to get by on telling people that I needed them. For the most part. I’ve told a few partners about my desires, and they’ve tolerated it, but for the most part they want to be left out of it.

It’s kinda lonely. I wish my partner could be the caretaker to my little.

My abusive father tried to use my AB side against me. When I was an infant, he near chocked me to death. Suffice to say, after that memory resurfaced, I extricated him from my life. My family has been through a lot and my mom is like, I don’t care what you do as long as I don’t have to see it.

Told my mom I liked them around '07 and she thought it was wrong and "people like that need to find a better way to focus their energy." My boyfriend accepts it and I might be able to get him to try them. He needed them a few years back due to some complications. My idea is that "Okay you didn't really like them because they were a need; now you can try them without that need and just focus on the experience." If he doesn't like them, I won't be disappointed. "You tried them, didn't like them and that fact that you tried is what's important to me."

It's kind of a complicated answer because I never told them, but I think they would accept me since they're fine with my childlikeness. They would most likely think it's weird though, but I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back