Plushies help "Littles" such as myself "Feel Safe"...

I usually sleep with plushies every night, a different one too. There's a lot of plushies I have to cuddle with hehe
The last two nights, I've slept with my BAB Strawberry Cow and Squishmallow Fuzz-a-Mallows Chasen. Might snuggle with my BAB Eevee tonight.

Reactions: Diaperboy27
🌸🐾I would like to show you my super cute plushys, can I share them here?🐾🌸

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and PaigeCherubiel
I would think so..................
TrackersPampersJourey said:
I would think it would be ok,

Reactions: TrackersPampersJourey
TrackersPampersJourey said:
I think it would be okay too! I'd love to see them :D

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and TrackersPampersJourey
From my point of view as an Autistic Senior Citizen, what is the use of having lots of plushies, if you do not hug and cuddle them every day?
They assist me in maintaining cognitive/emotional self-regulation stability.

Reactions: Hahaurfnuuy, PaigeCherubiel, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
I think the reason for upload crashed are I need one lvl up and became these upload rights for my media 😢 OK thats really sad but rules are rules that's OK then i upload it them

When I was in college and before diapers, I kept a pile of Disney plushies in the wall corner of the bed

Surprisingly, visiting friends had no problem with them. In fact, on one occasion, they snuggled with a few while we watched TV.

There is nothing wrong with needing soft plushies to aid us "Littles" in cognitive/emotional self-regulation.
It is the first go-to item very young children use to maintain cognitive/emotional self-regulation.
Anyway, a developmentally-disabled Autistic such as myself never "outgrew" the need for "plushies".
From age 6 to 29, I was made to not have them by my mentally deranged Mom.
But, I brought them back into my life after age 29 to have something to fall back upon to deal with her profound uncontrolled psychotic mental illness.
I feel safe.
I feel loved.
I need them 24/7.

Reactions: Hahaurfnuuy, Diaperboy27, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person
I’ve always had really intense emotional attachment to inanimate objects, but especially my stuffies. I just love them so much, and they make me feel loved, too! I tend to always bring one with me in my backpack wherever I go (besides work where it could get damaged, which I’m super afraid of) even if it’s just a lil one.
I have almost all of my stuffies from childhood. Unfortunately there was a time that I found that my mom had thrown out a bunch of them and while this happened when I was a kid I still feel the sadness from that moment. I protected the rest of them til I moved out, and then they alllll came with me! I’m really grateful for all my stuffie friends 🥲💕

• Sad
Reactions: dogboy and LittleAndAlone
For me with the way the outside world is now, I need to spend a lot of time with my plushies.
I feel acceptance as a Gay Senior Citizen from my plushies.
No.
I do nothing "dirty" with them.

caitianx said:
For me with the way the outside world is now, I need to spend a lot of time with my plushies.
I feel acceptance as a Gay Senior Citizen from my plushies.
No.
I do nothing "dirty" with them.
Speaking of dirty how should I give my teddy a wash? His fur is matted & I haven’t done anything with him other than one time I tried to comb him that’s about it. I have heard that putting them in a pillow case helps but I’m not sure. 🧐

Diaperboy27 said:
Speaking of dirty how should I give my teddy a wash? His fur is matted & I haven’t done anything with him other than one time I tried to comb him that’s about it. I have heard that putting them in a pillow case helps but I’m not sure. 🧐
It depends on the type of teddy you have since they can’t all go through a washer, but there are special laundry bags you can get that you put your stuffies in so they can go through the wash!

Plushies are very important to me being Little. I have way too many. ☺️. They are all my friends.

My plushies help me to not go cuckoo.

lilbabyjooce said:
I’ve always had really intense emotional attachment to inanimate objects, but especially my stuffies. I just love them so much, and they make me feel loved, too! I tend to always bring one with me in my backpack wherever I go (besides work where it could get damaged, which I’m super afraid of) even if it’s just a lil one.
I have almost all of my stuffies from childhood. Unfortunately there was a time that I found that my mom had thrown out a bunch of them and while this happened when I was a kid I still feel the sadness from that moment. I protected the rest of them til I moved out, and then they alllll came with me! I’m really grateful for all my stuffie friends 🥲💕
I've always been attached to my stuffies too. I've had Borderline tendencies my whole life so I suppose making attachments is just something I do. My plushies always seem real to me. When I was a little kid, I was convinced that the people who were real were my family and friends. Everyone else I'd see I thought weren't real.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Diaperboy27 said:
If he's not too dirty wiping him down with a wet cloth might help. I wipe mine down every morning to keep him fresh, so I don't have to wash him as much. Then I brush out the fur to straighten it. I find if you sleep with a stuffie every night, eventually they will start to smell a little. Wiping them down in between washes helps.

When I have to wash my stuffie I usually either hand wash in the sink, or fill the washer up and hand wash him in the washer tub. Then I rinse and put him in the washer on a spin cycle to get rid of most of the water. Finally I put him in the dryer on the lowest heat setting with a fabric softener sheet and a couple of towels, then brush out the fur when he's dry. I basically just use the washer for rinsing and spinning out the water. I don't put my stuffies through a washer cycle with the agitator. I'm afraid they might get damaged. Washing changes the texture of the fur slightly, but they will eventually need to be washed unless you just leave them on a shelf and don't cuddle them.

Eww. When your stuffie that is supposed to smell like baby and remind you of being little instead smells like dead body and reminds you of having a gross adult body. 🤢🤮

I keep mine wiped down with a wash cloth and drown them in Dreft and baby powder and lavender and do my best to always have a bath or shower before sleeping with them.

My favorite thing that I use on all my little stuff and my daily wear clothes is Dreft Blissfuls beads dissolved in a spray bottle. It's like catnip to me. Just roll around in it and drive me nuts. 😍

But I still make sure to actually wipe them down with a wet washcloth to remove any adult cooties contamination instead of just covering it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperboy27 and dogboy
I’ve loved my plushies starting with a Christmasy Puffalump mouse and a 20ish inches beige cat in those fond preteen years. Then there was a transition into the beanie baby craze in the 1990s, and I had around 6 of those. Now, an adult in my 30s, I cannot get enough of snuggling with my jumbo sized teddy bears. They bring me so much comfort when I feel lonely as no one really seems to call me back. Life can suck with autism sometimes, but I truly enjoy the sensual comfort that some of my obsessions provide.

Puffalump:

LittleAndAlone said:
Eww. When your stuffie that is supposed to smell like baby and remind you of being little instead smells like dead body and reminds you of having a gross adult body. 🤢🤮

I keep mine wiped down with a wash cloth and drown them in Dreft and baby powder and lavender and do my best to always have a bath or shower before sleeping with them.

My favorite thing that I use on all my little stuff and my daily wear clothes is Dreft Blissfuls beads dissolved in a spray bottle. It's like catnip to me. Just roll around in it and drive me nuts. 😍

But I still make sure to actually wipe them down with a wet washcloth to remove any adult cooties contamination instead of just covering it up.
I always shower before bed and wipe my stuffie down in the morning, but I find eventually he starts to get a fausty smell. That's when he gets washed, dried, and brushed, and he's all fresh for another while! I don't like using strong scents on him, and fabric softener in the water changes the feel of the fur. I use scent free detergent and a fabric softener sheet in the dryer. It just adds a light fresh scent to him and keeps the fur from being full of static.

Back